PDA

View Full Version : The Fate of the Cabal?

Nikkolas
21st Dec 2008, 23:29
A friend once offered me a neat little ironic theory; that Umah didn't want Kain to betray the Cabal so she betrayed him. However in doing so she ensured Kain did destroy the Cabal as we never see or hear from them again.

Do you all think this is true?

hellwalker
22nd Dec 2008, 03:36
no, the irony is that vorador and all nosgoths vampires were long dead before the b2 events. that can mean two things. one b2 is a lore rape and must be ignored, second b2 reflects changed version of nosgots history, that means soul reaver 1 era has also changed from what we saw in game and it might include cabal.

and if I'm wrong and soul reaver era follows naturally the b2 events, than I imagine cabal would become the fledgling vampires, who's petty machinations provided amusement for kain and his lieutenants in sr1.

FearGhoul
22nd Dec 2008, 03:47
I remember someone involed with the games saying that the events of Soul Reaver are still the same. The fledgling Vampires are still the children of Kain's sons, instead, Vorador and the Cabal was wiped out, and this would have been done before Kain raised his sons.

Linikratyo
22nd Dec 2008, 09:56
I remember someone involed with the games saying that the events of Soul Reaver are still the same. The fledgling Vampires are still the children of Kain's sons, instead, Vorador and the Cabal was wiped out, and this would have been done before Kain raised his sons.

That's true :thumbsup:

Sarxis
3rd Feb 2009, 03:37
It seems obvious by the end of BO2 that Kain and Vorador were not going to be friends after all. I wouldn't be surprised if Kain waged war against Vorador's brood to purposely wipe them out. Perhaps there's even the possibility that Raziel and his brethren were used partly for this, though I doubt it.

FearGhoul
3rd Feb 2009, 05:15
I really doubt that Raziel or any of his other brothers were involved. There just isn't anything to suggest it in SR2's ending or in Defiance. While it's true that Raziel's memories might have been totally overwritten, unlike Kain, who seems to remember three seperate timelines, I just don't think that Raziel had anything to do with it.

TheWatcher
4th Mar 2009, 00:45
I don't think Kain wiped out the cabal. I believe what he said to Umah was true, that he would allow them to do whatever they wished once he returned to power. They may have fallen victim to vampire hunters.

It is interesting to speculate how BO2 Vorador died. It's possible the Sarafan lord's reaver hit killed him. I honestly hope it did, because we don't need anymore Vorador go-round. :rolleyes:

mort
10th Mar 2009, 16:31
no, the irony is that vorador and all nosgoths vampires were long dead before the b2 events.

both are explained in the cut sceans

kain - "do you so enjoy the grave?"

Kain - "then make new vampires, this is not the firt time we have faced extintion but brought us back, something i could never have done and it was from that i got my army"

i belive kain would have let them live. even if he had just let umah live and be his queen she would have persuaded him to let the others live.

Graz'zt
13th Mar 2009, 21:02
I think that Kain used them to fight the Saraphan but by the time he awoke in BO2 there weren't many left, most had been killed by the Saraphan and by the rogue vampires. And because of this the ones that were left would have died out in the wars and slowly replaced by Kain's brood.