PDA

View Full Version : time warner

solidsnake
20th Dec 2008, 21:04
So I was bored and decided to search legacy of kain in the G4 site and found that Time Warner has purchased 10 million shares of Eidos... anyone else find this interesting??http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/691735/Eidos_Gets_Share_Boost_from_Time_Warner.html

blincoln
21st Dec 2008, 02:08
I figured something was up as soon as I saw the packaging for TR: Underworld. It's got the Warner Brothers logo next to the ones for Eidos and Crystal Dynamics, which was not the case with TRL and TRA.

Shrykull_the1st
21st Dec 2008, 12:25
Oh maaan...I hope this leads to something GOOD for us fans!

swordsicle
21st Dec 2008, 19:03
When things are bad, you can usually pick up things for cheap. Hummmmm, I would like to think this is a good sign of things to come.... :D

Pilotslover
21st Dec 2008, 20:09
Part of me is worried about this but another part of me is hopeful ...

Hopeful for a new game but worried because I think a Legacy movie would probably be very lame indeed ...

Shrykull_the1st
21st Dec 2008, 20:18
Yeah...these attempts of making movies based on fantasy games... =S

Besides, what would the story be? There is only one main subject in which the story revolves around so...what, making a movie based on one of the games, two, three, four, five?? lol

And if they make it, then I would hope them really put effort in it...something well done....which is a little bit to much to expect... xD

The_Hylden
21st Dec 2008, 20:47
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact both Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Eidos Interactive are publishing the still in the works Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham Asylum. DC and Warner are so interlocked, you run with DC on a project, you wind up in bed with Warner Bros. Eidos making this game is great for them in more than just that, as it seems to be that Time Warner also can back them in general, so I say welcome to it.

From this article here:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=58474

Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will co-publish Batman: Arkham Asylum in North America, Eidos Interactive will publish the game in all other territories, scheduled for 2009.

I didn't even notice the Warner Bros. logo on Underworld :)

TheWatcher
21st Dec 2008, 21:10
Seems a good thing to me. Eidos has been a struggling company for quite a while. The better off they are financially, the less closely they scrutinize every project for its returns (ahem, LoK).

Linikratyo
21st Dec 2008, 22:08
Part of me is worried about this but another part of me is hopeful ...

Hopeful for a new game but worried because I think a Legacy movie would probably be very lame indeed ...

I think that relies on the one who makes it... if it would be Uwe Boll then it would suck... but with Peter Jackson it might get a good movie.... :rolleyes:

dumah's wraith
21st Dec 2008, 22:40
Games in general don'tadapt well to screen. They're too repetitive.
(Plot. Then Kain kills two random grunts, in the next room, there's two more. And another one. And another one. Etc.

hellwalker
22nd Dec 2008, 03:52
Games in general don'tadapt well to screen. They're too repetitive.
(Plot. Then Kain kills two random grunts, in the next room, there's two more. And another one. And another one. Etc.

moviemakers in generall suck at adapting games *

if all they do is put together lok cutscenes it will make good film. but no, they just HAVE to throw away games all good features and replace it with cheap plot and bad acting. What they did to max payne was a blasphemy.

anyway,new Tomb Raider movie is more likely result of that deal than lok one me thinks

Pilotslover
22nd Dec 2008, 20:16
I think that relies on the one who makes it... if it would be Uwe Boll then it would suck... but with Peter Jackson it might get a good movie.... :rolleyes:

I signed the petition so Boll wouldn't touch it! XD

Peter Jackson would cover the scope better but ... hmm, I don't think the Legacy series - despite how filmic it is - would make a good movie. It's ... hard to explain how my brain works on this but I think getting to associate with the characters via playing as them makes the games more powerful then a movie would be.

PL

dumah's wraith
24th Dec 2008, 21:07
I signed the petition so Boll wouldn't touch it! XD
PL

He says if it reaches a million signatures he'll give up directing

Pilotslover
26th Dec 2008, 20:24
He says if it reaches a million signatures he'll give up directing

GOOD! XD

Evilan
12th Jan 2009, 15:23
Anyone give me that link asap.

dumah's wraith
16th Jan 2009, 20:53
Sorry, don't have it. I haven't actually seen any of his films.