PDA

View Full Version : Game Won't Start, Displays Error Message

ang3022
19th Dec 2008, 22:18
Hi everyone

I got Kane & Lynch today and before I even got to play it, I ran into trouble. When I try to start the game I get an error message which reads "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application."

Before posting here I did some digging on this forum and other places but I couldn't find anything that would be of any help. I have tried reinstalling the game, video card drivers, sound card drivers and none of that helped. I emailed EIDOS but they decided that since there is a couple of days of Holidays coming up, they'll take two weeks off starting tomorrow. I'm hoping that maybe one of you ran into the same problem and managed to fix it.

I was able to run the demo version of the game without any issues three or four days ago and my computer exceeds the minimum requirements. I have P4 3.0GHz, 2GB RAM, GeForce 7800GS. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Andrew

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm TRYING to run this thing on Windows xp with SP3.

ricbox
20th Dec 2008, 20:08
try to press alt-tab when you get the error

ang3022
20th Dec 2008, 23:44
That just lets me switch between the error message and whatever else is in the background. It doesn't let me switch into the game. I wish it would even get to the point where the game appears in the task manager. Thanks anyways

I forgot to mention that I tried running the demo again since it worked before and now even the demo won't start, it gives the same message.