PDA

View Full Version : Flashlight problem

chriss_99
19th Dec 2008, 17:14
Hi everyone!

I don't know if this was posted somewhere before, but I have a problem with Lara's flashlight. In the treasure hunt mode when I turn Lara's flashlight on after a while it turns off by itself and I cannot turn it on again. Killing Lara doesn't help. Only starting the new level helps. Has anyone experienced similar bug?

marty
19th Dec 2008, 20:12
I had the same problem but didn't find a way to solve it.

Felis Catus
20th Dec 2008, 09:08
Now that you mention it, I remember I had to dial up the gamma correction to be able to see anything at some point during the treasure hunt, because the flash light wasn't working. I had that problem in Jan Mayen, I think, but I might be wrong. It went away after I switched the level.

rg_001100
20th Dec 2008, 09:40
In Treasure Hunt mode, switching levels will solve it. I am unsure about playing game from start to finish. I encountered this bug in the Croft Manor level, after entering the door that must be grappled open (part of the 'prologue' area, in the 3rd level). The flashlight stopped working when it was turned on and I entered this area. (:scratch:). Worked if I passed the area with the light turned off. (:scratch:). Not sure if the next level it would've worked again.

Possibly an issue related to the bike, it has been speculated, as it happens in relation to the bike much of the time.
(There was another time I'd had it when around the bike, but CM does not have a bike in it).
Perhaps this means it's conflicts with other 'lights' (/light generators) themselves.

IntelliMoo
20th Dec 2008, 14:02
In Treasure Hunt mode, switching levels will solve it. I am unsure about playing game from start to finish. I encountered this bug in the Croft Manor level, after entering the door that must be grappled open (part of the 'prologue' area, in the 3rd level). The flashlight stopped working when it was turned on and I entered this area. (:scratch:). Worked if I passed the area with the light turned off. (:scratch:). Not sure if the next level it would've worked again.

Possibly an issue related to the bike, it has been speculated, as it happens in relation to the bike much of the time.
(There was another time I'd had it when around the bike, but CM does not have a bike in it).
Perhaps this means it's conflicts with other 'lights' (/light generators) themselves.

Never had a light problem during the normal course of the game. But in Treasure Hunt mode, the light definitely disappears. Switching levels does bring the light back, but unfortunately it is always only temporary. Definite bug to add to the list.

chriss_99
20th Dec 2008, 14:43
I was afraid that I'm the only one with this problem. At least, there's no flashlight bug in the normal game mode.