PDA

View Full Version : 12 new pics at IGN

chip5541
19th Dec 2008, 15:39
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/battlestationspacific/images.html?sid=6202478&part=rss&tag=gs_pc&subj=6202478

OMG!!:eek:

Just a taste:

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/352/943501_20081218_screen012.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/352/943501_20081218_screen003.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/352/943501_20081218_screen007.jpg

Me love you long time!

com345
19th Dec 2008, 16:49
very good graphics!!
specially the pic of the sinking CA looks awsome!

Comm. Codey
19th Dec 2008, 18:16
Great screens and graphics :)

The first turret of the sinking CA looks like it's hovering in mid air though.

lardassmonkey
19th Dec 2008, 18:47
Pics do look awsome but I suspect they're probably 'enhanced'. Can't complain about the level of detail on the models though, far more life-like than BSM.
The sinkings look much improved too but still a little too clean- needs some debris. Does look like theres an oil slick coming from the sinking CA though. :)

The CA turret B is turret and its raised so its not floating. I'm not sure where A turret has gone. :scratch:

chip5541
19th Dec 2008, 18:51
Great screens and graphics :)

The first turret of the sinking CA looks like it's hovering in mid air though.

It looks like teh layout of this ship in teh distance. Her 2nd gun (total 4) is elevated. You just can't see the platform because of teh shadow. I double checked using Photoshop Elements to make sure.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/352/943501_20081218_screen004.jpg

The CA turret B turret and its raised so its no floating. I'm not sure where A turret has gone. :scratch:

My bet is Davy Jone's locker :D

Remember the guns are only held down on teh ship by gravity.

Check out time 6:06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbz6Oa5PQuA

lardassmonkey
19th Dec 2008, 19:01
Yeah probably- I hope turrets falling off is in the game.

I've only just realised the US BB is a South Dakota class ( I think). :rolleyes: Looks very nice.:cool:

Polarshark
19th Dec 2008, 20:14
extremely beautiful:D

Arrow
20th Dec 2008, 00:50
I dunno if my computer can run this. >.>

chip5541
20th Dec 2008, 02:54

After this last group of pics, I am wondering that myself.

Polarshark
20th Dec 2008, 05:04

we're on the same boat

Sandy
20th Dec 2008, 06:20
I've read so much from you guys about wanting more and more detail and killer graphics, floating debris, men in life boats, etc. etc. Well.......looks like you might get your wish, so if you want to dance, you gotta pay the fiddler.:rolleyes:

andy3536
20th Dec 2008, 11:58
Looks like the graghics are pretty damn good, glad i invested in a new graghics card a while ago.

dark_angel_7
20th Dec 2008, 13:12
Glad I have a new computer, this game looks amazing! :cool:

The Yamato
20th Dec 2008, 15:42
Sweet!! the graphics and gameplay looks awesome, I like the one where the japanese cruiser is snapped at the front.

CaptHawkeye
20th Dec 2008, 22:47
So are you guys absolutely sure you'll never do a realistic sim game? Even a sim with lots of arcade options? You've got a clean engine for it.

M0n3y
23rd Dec 2008, 14:10
everything looks more beautifull then BSM :O
great work!

maybe a small note about the sailors,
if you look to the second turret counting from the left, you can see a sailor thinking everything's still fine...not feared of death maybe?? :D

W4lt3r89
23rd Dec 2008, 21:08

Wellh, with confidence i can say my PC will run it, after the recent upgrade to 8 gigs of DDR3.. But i can see the spec requirements are damn high to play it at maximum settings..
I wonder when they're gonna release info about the recommended PC specs, im having second thoughts about my Processor though.

*edit* Wait what... Is it just me or is the CV that the TBF Avenger is attacking, the HIJMS Shinano? to me the profile doesn't fit kaga, Akagi, Shokaku or kaga...

Arrow
23rd Dec 2008, 23:17
It looks like the Akagi model to me. The Akagi model from the game looks different than in real life for some reason. Most notably, the flight deck covers the entire ship in the in-game model, but it doesn't in the picture seen here.
Click here (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Japanese_aircraft_carrier_Akagi%E3%80%803deck.jpg) (image too big)

skyfox
23rd Dec 2008, 23:42
Actually my opinion is that the game should focus more on game-playable than graphics itself. More fantastic graphics are fine, but who care those images during an exciting game? I would trade in better graphics with skirmish mode and random start positions. :) When will the game come out? cross fingers.

Nemo_54
24th Dec 2008, 00:02
Been following BS:P for a while now and it's definitely shaping up to be a huge improvement over BS:M, that's for sure. Although, I do agree that the upgraded visuals are jaw-dropping, it's unfortunate that some of the older models and textures from BS:M weren't given a face-lift to bring them to the LOD of the new units.

*I'm pretty sure the CV in that screne is Unryu which had structural characteristics of both Soryu and Hiryu; she and her sisters were based on their design after all.

Arrow the Akagi in game is post her 1930's conversion (full flight deck), that picture is her original carrier design.

watty14
24th Dec 2008, 00:20
*edit* Wait what... Is it just me or is the CV that the TBF Avenger is attacking, the HIJMS Shinano? to me the profile doesn't fit kaga, Akagi, Shokaku or kaga...

nah its the soryu easily

Waffen
3rd Jan 2009, 23:28
AWESOME! that wants me to have this game even more niow thanks ot this pics. IM so going to pre order a copy. And i know it will run for me because im getting it got the 360. :rasp::D

chip5541
4th Jan 2009, 14:15
The question for 360 owners is not will the game play for you but will the 360 let you play..

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/rrod_shirt.jpg

:rasp:

It3llig3nc3
4th Jan 2009, 15:19
Wellh, with confidence i can say my PC will run it, after the recent upgrade to 8 gigs of DDR3.. But i can see the spec requirements are damn high to play it at maximum settings..
I wonder when they're gonna release info about the recommended PC specs, im having second thoughts about my Processor though.

Geeez. What kind of config requires 8GB of DDR3 RAM? Are you doing film editing? Even with Vista 4GB is far more than enough for any gaming rig.

What people often ignore is that what matters in performance for gaming is the weakest part of the config. Motherboard+Processor+Videocard+Memory has to be optimized.

Polarshark
4th Jan 2009, 15:47
The question for 360 owners is not will the game play for you but will the 360 let you play..

http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/rrod_shirt.jpg

:rasp:

i was gonna buy the 360

and i researched it
-red rings of death
-overheating
-360 dies on you

and something about 360 scratching discs

Waffen
4th Jan 2009, 16:04
i was gonna buy the 360

and i researched it
-red rings of death
-overheating
-360 dies on you

and something about 360 scratching discs

that only happens if you dont take care of it properly. And that circlr happend to me two. And if you register for free microsoft will fix it for free or give you a brand new one like they did me.:D and they give you back your hard drive too so dont worry about them taking it.:eek: :D

Polarshark
4th Jan 2009, 16:18
anyways those 12 pics are from 360 (i'm 90% positive)
and they look great

so i'm pretty sure that the 360 and PC
will have great visuals

except on PC it's all about the dam videocard

Waffen
4th Jan 2009, 18:46
yea its some much simpliar with a 360. thats why i like com games and theere graphics because there difnetly better. :D but you need to run AVG's and keep it upgraded and when you only have some much cash like 150 a week :eek: and that needs to take care of food and gas it hards. So i just get all my games for the 360 and if you hook it up to a HD tv it mine aswell be a computer.:cool: :thumbsup:

chip5541
4th Jan 2009, 18:56
that only happens if you dont take care of it properly. And that circlr happend to me two. And if you register for free microsoft will fix it for free or give you a brand new one like they did me.:D and they give you back your hard drive too so dont worry about them taking it.:eek: :D

I'm sorry. I really have to disagree with that. Even if you take great care of your system it could still get RoDD. I do and I have had both scratch and RoDD. I am sure many have had no problems with the 360. I have and I know many who have.

Waffen
4th Jan 2009, 19:03
i havnt and microsoft just replaces it for free if you register it. It only happend once. Because it got dropped out in the rain and that ed light turned on and wouldnt work so i just registerd it before. And i called them. And they sent a box and i shipped it away and like 15 days i got a brand new one because the couldnt fix it. :thumb:

Sandy
5th Jan 2009, 04:21
Check out "Gamespot" guys. http://www.gamespot.com/They just did a graphics comparison between the XBOX 360 VS. the PS3 and for the first time included the PC. Guess what??? PC rules. Sorry ;)

SuperE
5th Jan 2009, 06:49
Yeah only if you are willing to spend thousands of dollars then you might get something equaly as good as the xbox that has no warrenty

for the cost side I bought an xbox
besides the new version of the xbox 360 that came out in summer is a lot better besides red ring of death has never meaned anything was wrong with the xbox I just restart it and its fine

Waffen
6th Jan 2009, 00:08
yea Com's cost alot to keep up and maintain ill admin they got great graphics because you can up-grade it sooo yea. I do prefer 360 over com but i will admit it gots better graphics.

Red October
6th Jan 2009, 00:51
Yeah only if you are willing to spend thousands of dollars then you might get something equaly as good as the xbox that has no warrenty

for the cost side I bought an xbox
besides the new version of the xbox 360 that came out in summer is a lot better besides red ring of death has never meaned anything was wrong with the xbox I just restart it and its fine

Nope i have built budget gaming builds for people that cost 800 flat. They can play crysis warhead all settings max and filters all on running dx10 on an 18" monitor. I am my own warranty :o for my computer also. Though would like some form of xbox live though, and halo 3.

Waffen
6th Jan 2009, 00:56
lol i gots a bigger monitor i got a 19 inch lol:lol:

SuperE
6th Jan 2009, 02:40
24" widescreen for my computer:D

Still I could get an Xbox 360 and a PS3 for $800

Sandy
6th Jan 2009, 05:45
:o Red October is right. You might get two consoles for $800, but you still won't end up with the graphics power of one $800 computer built for games. True you can dump thousands of dollars into one, but not necessary if done right.:)

SuperE
6th Jan 2009, 05:54
Yeah but I'm still in high school and cant afford a good computer

Sandy
6th Jan 2009, 06:37
A very good reason to study hard so when your out of HS you can land that good paying job and build your very own mega gaming computer. :) :) :) :)
Till then............nothing wrong with the XBOX 360 or PS3 at all. My son plays on the PS3 all the time and I have to admit the graphics are pretty intense.:thumb:

Waffen
6th Jan 2009, 21:24
yea double that on a HD tv i mean WOW:eek: it is awesome! :D

-=KS=-DigitizedSoul
6th Jan 2009, 21:29
360 is for game kiddies.

We are professional gamers :)

PC all the way!

BS:P will be incredible. I am fortunate enough to have friends in the industry and have seen the game in action.
One thing that stood out instantly (BESIDES the graphical improvements) was the SOUNDS!!!!!! WOOOOW does a gun sound like a gun now.

You will all be most impressed & pleased with this game provided there are no glaring glitches that need patching, and don't GET that patching for 6 months :\

Waffen
6th Jan 2009, 21:56
Have you ever played a 360 on a HD? and com cost to much to keep up. so i use mine strictly for school work and blogging never games execpt for a couple good RTS's.

Polarshark
6th Jan 2009, 22:43
i have to agree

after going on gamespot and seeing those comparison
PC has the best visuals
i can easily see more details on the tree than on the PS3 and xbox360

but the thing that makes consoles great are the widescreen TVs
and supported features (ie. PS3 controller= vibration)

and hey saw a screenshot of ijn sub carrying 6 minisubs???

on gamespot ps3 and xbox 360 lost, i think because the games were meant for PC but then ported to xbox and ps3

to me the best graphical game out now is gran turismo 5 prologue
( you can even see the small bumps on the steering wheel with 1080p)

Sandy
7th Jan 2009, 06:47
360 is for game kiddies.

We are professional gamers :)

PC all the way!

BS:P will be incredible. I am fortunate enough to have friends in the industry and have seen the game in action.
One thing that stood out instantly (BESIDES the graphical improvements) was the SOUNDS!!!!!! WOOOOW does a gun sound like a gun now.

You will all be most impressed & pleased with this game provided there are no glaring glitches that need patching, and don't GET that patching for 6 months :\

I have no doubt that what you say about it being out of this world on a kick ass computer is true:), can't wait, because I happen to be one of the lucky ones to have such a computer, about $7,000 worth of bells and whistles in fact, but I'm also 64 and not still in high school. So please give these kids with their Xbox's and PS3's a break.:) And why if you play BSP on a console are you any less a professional gamer anyway? :o
Come on........there is room out there in the gaming world for all of us.:thumb: Enjoy BSP, enjoy the people that play it, no matter what they play it on.;)

SuperE
7th Jan 2009, 07:11
Or just dont have room on our computers for games autodesk takes up a lot of space on my computer
If you would like to know I have Inventor 2009 and 3ds Max on my computer

Red October
9th Jan 2009, 03:09
Or just dont have room on our computers for games autodesk takes up a lot of space on my computer
If you would like to know I have Inventor 2009 and 3ds Max on my computer

Have those programs too, check out Iron Cad too.

SuperE
9th Jan 2009, 03:37
Does it cost money because I get both of those programs free though FIRST robotics

Red October
9th Jan 2009, 21:37
Does it cost money because I get both of those programs free though FIRST robotics

Yah it does, i got mine from a company my school used for software, cheaper for students.