PDA

View Full Version : Nightwing, Robin, and other allies

EaglesWesty36
17th Dec 2008, 21:34
I know it's probably been mentioned before, but I was wondering, what does everyone think the chances of other Batman allies like Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, etc. showing up in the game? Considering this game is supposed to be pulling ideas from the best source material of 70 years, I think Batman's major allies definitely deserve some sort of appearance. A cool unlockable could be different heroes (or skins) once you beat the game. Or maybe Nightwing and Robin being NPCs and helping you throughout the campaign. I'm pretty sure multiplayer is a long shot, but that would be great too. I know Oracle is aiding you on the communicator, but i think it would add so much more to the game to include more than just Batman himself. I've always been a big fan of Nightwing and Robin, so maybe it's just me. What's everyone else think?

ICK14
17th Dec 2008, 23:12
I don't know about this.... I heard on a article that there was going to be NO allies in the game. Besides Oracle and Commissioner Gordan.

RabidEasterBunny
20th Dec 2008, 00:28
If it is a dark, violent game and is described as "like being a predator", why would Robin be in it? He's kinda the opposite of that.

crazy666p
22nd Dec 2008, 17:40
hey I'm with Eagles on this one. Only as unlockable skins and don't force gamers to play with a hero they don't want to play with(couse I would'nt want to be Robin if I didn't have to be).

Batman_Sauce024
22nd Dec 2008, 22:27
Oracle?? I heard it was Batgirl who talks to you through a communicator.

door noob
22nd Dec 2008, 22:37

oracle is batgirl but she has been cripled not allowing her to be batgirl anymore cause her to be the central guidence comunicator thing giving her th name oracle

and if you ment the current batgirl why would she be your eyes and ears

BatFan
23rd Dec 2008, 03:57
Um...personally for me no...Just Batman, and Batman alone. When I think of Batman with sidekicks like Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl, horrible ideas come to mind like some sort of a 60's show entitled "Batman and friends!" Adding sidekicks just seems to remove the dark, grittiness out of the whole situation and atmosphere out of the game. Watching Batman standing over Arkham in the teaser was badass...If I saw standing someone next to him (I don't care who) that would just kill it.

RonnyGreen
23rd Dec 2008, 06:20
The way I want it is that his allies are in communication with Batman via radio and you can contact them for help, much like the Codec in the Metal Gear Solid series.
For instance, whilst Batman is taking care of business inside the asylum I think he would still want to keep tabs on Robin who is patrolling Gotham that night, there's no way he'd just let the kid do his own thing.
Plus, talking to Oracle would give you background information on the Asylum structure and the villains you'll be facing.
I just think that the player will need some relief from the tension, so having a radio support team could even things out a bit.

Read The Killing Joke.

The Comedian
23rd Dec 2008, 09:44
The most I want from Nightwing or Robin is a mentioning by Oracle at the beginning of the game.

Example

Oracle: "Nightwing is tied up in Bludhaven, and Tim is out on patrol."

I want Batman to be as close as a loner as possible in this game.

dx_x
23rd Dec 2008, 12:47
i agree wit eagles man, i mean they shouldnt include nightwing and robin and other allies in the story but if ppl want to play the game with their friends in multiplayer (cuz not all of us gamers are loners) then they can use the characters as extras, but they should not be included in the story, that way the nerdy batman loner fans who just want to play batman alone will be happy because they can play single player campaign which makes no reference of nightwing and the other allies' existence and the batman fans with friends can play multiplayer online. But the npcs will treat batman as if hes alone in convos. but the allies will be attacked by enemies. get wat i mean>?

Wigglez
24th Dec 2008, 05:24
The way I want it is that his allies are in communication with Batman via radio and you can contact them for help, much like the Codec in the Metal Gear Solid series.
For instance, whilst Batman is taking care of business inside the asylum I think he would still want to keep tabs on Robin who is patrolling Gotham that night, there's no way he'd just let the kid do his own thing.
Plus, talking to Oracle would give you background information on the Asylum structure and the villains you'll be facing.
I just think that the player will need some relief from the tension, so having a radio support team could even things out a bit.

Read The Killing Joke.

The Metal Gear idea would damn cool for the games story. Robin all of a sudden calls in for advice from Batman while he's in persuit of The Penguin. Awsome.

shadowmatt18
8th Jan 2009, 21:08
I know it's probably been mentioned before, but I was wondering, what does everyone think the chances of other Batman allies like Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl, etc. showing up in the game? Considering this game is supposed to be pulling ideas from the best source material of 70 years, I think Batman's major allies definitely deserve some sort of appearance. A cool unlockable could be different heroes (or skins) once you beat the game. Or maybe Nightwing and Robin being NPCs and helping you throughout the campaign. I'm pretty sure multiplayer is a long shot, but that would be great too. I know Oracle is aiding you on the communicator, but i think it would add so much more to the game to include more than just Batman himself. I've always been a big fan of Nightwing and Robin, so maybe it's just me. What's everyone else think?

because of the darkness of the game they don't want lighter characters like robin and nightwing. don't get me wrong theyre good characters and i like them but they just don't set the mood of desperate and survival

shadowmatt18
8th Jan 2009, 21:13
Um...personally for me no...Just Batman, and Batman alone. When I think of Batman with sidekicks like Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl, horrible ideas come to mind like some sort of a 60's show entitled "Batman and friends!" Adding sidekicks just seems to remove the dark, grittiness out of the whole situation and atmosphere out of the game. Watching Batman standing over Arkham in the teaser was badass...If I saw standing someone next to him (I don't care who) that would just kill it.

i completly agree with what you just said because that's the way i feel when ever some says how robin and nightwing and whatever make batman better but the reason theyre are important is not to cramp batmans style but theyre there as a concious in the field in a way similair as alefred is batmans concious in the movies. Batman is insane... literally so you need these characters to put him on a kind of leash if that makes sense. but yeah i agree this game does not need side kicks or partners because it would kill your dark knight image of the game.