PDA

View Full Version : (ALL) Ok peeps, lets redirect our energy to Nvidia

threeflats
17th Dec 2008, 18:34
I have a thread on the Nvidia forms and have been checking it for replies and to see if anyone else has posted TRU problems. But no replies from Nvidia and no new post. Need Help peeps!!! You know that old saying, "The squeeky wheel gets the oil", well I think its time that we divert our energy to Nvidia since Edios has made some kind of attempt to fix the problem.

I have started the fight in the "General Game Discussion" area;
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=17

but we can also post in the "Shooter Showdown(for First-person and third-person shooters)" area ;

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showforum=18

I think Edios's bush has no more leaves for now, lets beat on Nvidia's bush!!!

DetroitStateofMind
17th Dec 2008, 20:04
i like bush

Firestrider
17th Dec 2008, 21:35
threeflats,

I read your other thread with your DxDiag and it seems your drivers for video and sound are not WHQL logo'd, have you tried WHQL drivers (even if that means they aren't the latest)?

threeflats
17th Dec 2008, 23:18
threeflats,

I read your other thread with your DxDiag and it seems your drivers for video and sound are not WHQL logo'd, have you tried WHQL drivers (even if that means they aren't the latest)?

I don't remember when I took that DxDiag but I got a 17x.xx and the 184.xx drivers from Laptopdriver2go and those still didn't work. As for the WHQL part, I don't know what that means or how to insure that the driver version has it.

Question Firestrider, do you have a laptop that you play TRU properly???

My next attempt like I said will be to reinstall the game and patch with the last published driver from Sager Notebook. Then I will work my way up with the drivers from Laptopvideodriver2go. Now if you know of another website for the 7950GTX w/512mb Go video card drivers with QHQL, let me know and I will try those driver to, it can't hurt...

thanx

pleomax
20th Dec 2008, 01:27
I think 'whql' just means its been sent to microsoft and they've approved it.

It's no big deal, i always use the beta's from nvidia.

IntelliMoo
20th Dec 2008, 14:07
I think 'whql' just means its been sent to microsoft and they've approved it.

It's no big deal, i always use the beta's from nvidia.

Yeh, whql really doesn't mean crap anymore, just that the driver doesn't muck up windows itself. lol