PDA

View Full Version : Philips SGC2909BB controller no vibration!

Griz1
15th Dec 2008, 01:18
:scratch: New Philips game controller SGC2909BB. Controller is rocognised in the game and vibration is shown to be on. However vibration will not work in the game. Latest driver v.1.0 is installed and is the only one available officially from Philips web site. This is also the one that is provided on the mini cd. I have contacted Philips customer support (via their proceedures) but received no response. I fear someone will need to develop a patch for this controller or perhaps a registry hack of some sort. I'm looking for a dedicated forum for this controller and/or someone that's using this controller for TRA/U but haven't found any yet. Tried Pinnacle's profiler and although you can assign force feedback vibration effects to certain buttons it has no way of knowing how vibration is addressed in the game itself (explosions, rock tumbles ,etc.) We would need a patch for that.

Philips link > http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?scy=US&slg=AEN&cat=PC_ACCESSORIES_CA&sc t=MISCELLANEOUS_PC_ACCESSORIES_SU&session=20081214 121819_71.205.216.233&grp=PC_PRODUCTS_GR&ctn=SGC29 09BB/27&mid=Link_Software&hlt=Link_Software

Quote from the .pdf manual: "The Retractable PC Controller will only vibrate in software titles that support vibration. Contact the game manufacturer to verify. You must have also loaded the SGC2909 software. There are many different force feedback and rumble effects available. However, due to differences in software and hardware design, the Retractable PC Controller may not support all effects. You will find that the range of effects that the Retractable PC Controller supports will vary from game to game."

beyond the above I would appreciate some Eidos help please. thank you.