PDA

View Full Version : Clayface?

nomanjunior
14th Dec 2008, 22:03
Anyone else hope Clayface makes an appearance, i think he would make for interesting gameplay, and a bossfight.

Shadowstorm
17th Dec 2008, 20:33
yep i agree with ya, clayface would make nice for a surprise enemy but he doesnt fit in for asylum story:(

nomanjunior
17th Dec 2008, 20:55
With good writing they could fit him into the story. They could either have him recieving treatment/therapy, or he could be working for someone that we dont know. Good games always have twists, so you never know.

RonnyGreen
17th Dec 2008, 21:11
No, I wouldn't like to see him.
He's one of the mutant style villains and doesn't lend himself well to this kind of envrionment.

ICK14
17th Dec 2008, 23:23
YEAH! He should definitely be in the game!!! I CANT see a good reason for him NOT to be in the game.

RonnyGreen
18th Dec 2008, 06:53
YEAH! He should definitely be in the game!!! I CANT see a good reason for him NOT to be in the game.

Other than him being an overall bad villain?

Shadowstorm
18th Dec 2008, 12:08
clayface receiving therapy in an asylum....... better clayface cajoled by joker to join his side. He would really do good as a surprise enemy, like him taking the guise of an asylum guard rescued randomly by batman and then :eek:

ICK14
19th Dec 2008, 05:13

He's not a bad villain. He's by far one of the coolest and would be a very challenging boss. I mean, he's so much different than any other Batman villains, he is one of the few to have actual powers....

alteremagam
19th Dec 2008, 06:07
He's not a bad villain. He's by far one of the coolest and would be a very challenging boss. I mean, he's so much different than any other Batman villains, he is one of the few to have actual powers....

Are you freaking kiddin me,Clayface is trash,It's all about the joker. You never see clayface in batman games because he is low-rate batman trash created for the fun of it by character drawers.

Finland-Man
19th Dec 2008, 18:29
Clayface could be in this game. Some comics say that Arkham Asylum is the only building in Gotham that has the necessary recourses to keep supervillains of Gotham in captivity. That's why Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc and Clayface are kept in Arkham in comicbook stories.

ICK14
20th Dec 2008, 07:07
Are you freaking kiddin me,Clayface is trash,It's all about the joker. You never see clayface in batman games because he is low-rate batman trash created for the fun of it by character drawers.

Are we talking about the same villain? Like, Clayface is freaking awesome! Think of the stuff they could do with the story with him. He can change his shape to anything, so he could be different people, and he would make a challenging boss because he could make any weapon. Why are you against Clayface? I'm not saying he needs to be a main villain, just in the game as a kool boss....

Wigglez
25th Dec 2008, 18:33
It's not all about the joker. all we know so far is the batman brings the joker in. He could just be a pawn of someone else. What if Ra's Ahl Goul was behing all of this because he let the joker out and he knew batman would do something and then trapped batman with a bunch of criminals on the loose. :-D

CodeBlack
27th Dec 2008, 05:51
A good Clayface storyline would be easy to do, especially since there's about four or five different Clayfaces anyway. You could have a helper character, who guides Batman through the Asylum, turn out to be Clayface and be leading Batman to danger all along (think Master Miller), one this is revealed, Bats must defeat Clayface and continue without any help.

DarthArachnis
15th Jan 2009, 01:50
There would be both positives and negatives to having clayface on the game...
He WOULD be a challenging boss to fight, unless you were given the right tools (exploding, liquid nitrogen filled, capsules) and I do think it would be cool to see more of a non-spotlight villain, who really is one of the cooler LOOKING ones, on the game... However, I'm pretty sure it'd take away from the plot-line that has been set forth, which, from what I've heard, is supposed to be phenomenal...

I would say that, though he is one of the cooler LOOKING villains, he's not one of the all around cooler villains. The cool thing about Batman villains is that they don't NEED powers to be awesome... all they need are their minds, because they're insane enough to dare to try any means to get to the end. And the thing that makes them so difficult for Batman to defeat is the morality that he always carries. I.E. Should he A: Save the people, but let the villain get away? or B: Get the villain, and let the people die. "A" always wins, and the villain got away, and managed destruction, without powers...
Anyway, I ramble.
A.A.

angleslam99
15th Jan 2009, 03:26
I think clayface would be pretty neat. Maybe when Batman finally catches the Joker, the Joker morphs himself to reveal that he is really clayface and the Joker is still on the loose. Something like that would be cool.

hobohollis
23rd Jan 2009, 02:57
clayface is a tragic character he did not choose to gain the powers
he had to use his mind to figure out how to use them
once figuring them out he uses them expertly to outsmart every one
his power also limit him as he is constantly being drained of energy and has trouble holding himself together

killer croc has powers

batmans best enemy beside clayface is rah ah gul or w/e i dunno how to spell it has super powers and is also smart

Kai Rei
23rd Jan 2009, 07:22
clayface is a tragic character he did not choose to gain the powers
he had to use his mind to figure out how to use them
once figuring them out he uses them expertly to outsmart every one
his power also limit him as he is constantly being drained of energy and has trouble holding himself together

killer croc has powers

batmans best enemy beside clayface is rah ah gul or w/e i dunno how to spell it has super powers and is also smart

I wouldn't quite put Ra's Al Ghul in there with the "Mutant's", because all he has is a lazarus temple, an army of Ninja, a daughter and Mr.Zsasz. He's definatly a prepared villain but he doesn't have "super power's".

Neither does Croc. He just has a nasty skin disease of sort's.

HystericFreak
23rd Jan 2009, 08:12
Clayface pushes the suspension of disbelief in a realistic game. What I mean is all the other villains are insane, devious, intelligent or strong, but none use something that can't really be explained. Clayface could work and could not depended on how and why he's implimented, but I never really saw him as a big villian who could be in the same standing as some of the other rogues.

From a gameplay and design standpoint though, it'd provide an interesting experience! Curious thoughts for sure, hehehe.

k1ll1ng j0k3
23rd Jan 2009, 17:03
Clayface is a total badass, I think he could fit very well in this game, maybe he is on a special facility. I must admit that I don't know much about Clayface from the comic books but I loved the way they portrayed him on Batman TAS, Paul Dini is a genius I am sure he could work some Clayface into the story.

shadowmatt18
24th Jan 2009, 02:02

he's not a bad villain, man you make it sound like he's a loser like killer moth, naw i see clayface as a troubled monster. he could work in gameplay with all his powers and maybe in the story.

shadowmatt18
24th Jan 2009, 02:07
It's not all about the joker. all we know so far is the batman brings the joker in. He could just be a pawn of someone else. What if Ra's Ahl Goul was behing all of this because he let the joker out and he knew batman would do something and then trapped batman with a bunch of criminals on the loose. :-D

naw, jokers gonna be the last boss we all know it, as much as i like Ra's, in a certain manner, the joker is more dangerous in a strange unexplainable way.

Bolt Phoenix
24th Jan 2009, 03:05
naw, jokers gonna be the last boss we all know it, as much as i like Ra's, in a certain manner, the joker is more dangerous in a strange unexplainable way.

I think he'll be the last boss as well. ^^

Well, I'd say he's more dangerous because... nothing seems to stop him. He just doesn't seem to... care about his very own life or the lives of others. o.O As mentioned in another thread, he has no morals.

Hooray! 8D

GarciaD42
4th Feb 2009, 18:46
If Clayface were ever in a Batman game he should have his own chapter, where Batman is doing an investigation on him and eventually it leads up to a final confrontation. I mean Eidos has the writer that did the Clayface episodes on the project, maybe in the future it could happen on a later game.

GarciaD42
4th Feb 2009, 18:53

I'm sorry and I don't mean this in a way to flame your comment. I really don't mean this in a jerkish fashion.
But the Joker is nobodies pawn except to himself.

harveysburntside
5th Feb 2009, 05:13
Ahhh... but which Clayface?
Personally I'd like to see a well-aged Basil Karlo rotting away with the rest of the loonies.

Kai Rei
5th Feb 2009, 19:16
Ahhh... but which Clayface?
Personally I'd like to see a well-aged Basil Karlo rotting away with the rest of the loonies.

Deffinatly the Matt Hagen version, with perhap's a cameo from the Basil Karlo Clayface II.

harveysburntside
6th Feb 2009, 03:21
Basil Karlo is actually Clayface I, not even a super-powered villian at first, although later (with powers) he committed such craziness as absorbing Wonder Woman... mmmm... Wonder Woman

Just_Joker
7th Feb 2009, 05:27
NO! I figured I would answer differently. I do not think Clayface would contribute much to this game, besides were they ever able to imprison Clayface anyway? :nut:

Kai Rei
7th Feb 2009, 18:34
NO! I figured I would answer differently. I do not think Clayface would contribute much to this game, besides were they ever able to imprison Clayface anyway? :nut:

I believe Arkham is the only place with the mean's to keep Clayface from wreaking havoc upon Gotham.

So, yeah, there's a possibility we may get a cameo from Clayface.

CrashxUae
13th Feb 2009, 21:44
I wont him in the game , But i think there is no clayface in the game .:confused:

aceoknaves
14th Feb 2009, 04:14
How about a Preston Payne Clayface? Specifically, the one from Arkham Asylum. I think it would be cool?

CrashxUae
14th Feb 2009, 07:50
yeah it's will be cool

batdude
15th Feb 2009, 05:05
yeah it's will be cool

Yeah clayface would make for a kick ass boss, not the arkham asylum graphic novel version, ahhh, Batman kicked him and he broke his leg :confused: , what a wimp.

DrCLos
15th Feb 2009, 10:44
Yeah clayface would make for a kick ass boss, not the arkham asylum graphic novel version, ahhh, Batman kicked him and he broke his leg :confused: , what a wimp.

OK so what if they recreate this scene? But after breaking his leg he scurries off and you must follow to apprehend him only for him to be absorbed back into the real Clayface. In other words, it was just a ruse to lure Batman to his death at the hands of the real Clayface. Good luck trying to break his leg now.

HystericFreak
15th Feb 2009, 21:17

Clayface there was meant to represent all those icky, disgusting diseases that Batman feared; Clayface was covered in boils etc, and was basically a walking disease. It's covered better in the writers description at the back, I'll have to have a look at it again.

batdude
18th Feb 2009, 10:46
Clayface there was meant to represent all those icky, disgusting diseases that Batman feared; Clayface was covered in boils etc, and was basically a walking disease. It's covered better in the writers description at the back, I'll have to have a look at it again.

Yeah I know, I've read the book like a thousand times (I have no life :D). Got the special edition, but in a game, would you really just want to fight a gross puss filled weakling? I mean I prefer the original incarnation, sure it was a nice twist in graphic novel, but it would suck as a boss battle. It would be MGS4 all over again, by that I mean having to set the beasts free, thoses who played will know wat I mean.

Why So Serious ?
25th Feb 2009, 23:29
clayface would be cool. Im hoping that when you defeat a boss you ick things up from them. For example say if you defeat Mr. Freeze you get ice caps or ice batarangs.