PDA

View Full Version : Will DX3 take place entirely at night?

Icky6
14th Dec 2008, 18:13
I don't believe this has been mentioned before, but I wonder... neither of the other two games had day-time settings (unless there's something I'm not remembering).

MaxxQ1
14th Dec 2008, 18:18
I don't believe this has been mentioned before, but I wonder... neither of the other two games had day-time settings (unless there's something I'm not remembering).

Actually, it has been mentioned, and there WILL be daytime missions/quests and so forth.

I don't think there's a day/night cycle, though.

Jerion
14th Dec 2008, 18:25
It has been discussed, yeah, but I don't think René has said anything about daytime stuff. :scratch:

NK007
14th Dec 2008, 18:36
Wasn't there a daytime part in Egypt, or am I mistaken?

MaxxQ1
14th Dec 2008, 18:56
It has been discussed, yeah, but I don't think René has said anything about daytime stuff. :scratch:

You may be right. I'm sure I read somewhere that he said there would be daytime stuff.

Icky6
14th Dec 2008, 19:18
Oh sorry guys, I just don't frequent these forums that often I guess. Interesting to know though...

MaxxQ1
14th Dec 2008, 19:22
No need to apologize. If I could remember where I saw it (or believe I saw it) I would link you to it. Stick around for a couple days. I'm sure Rene will stop in and hopefully clarify for us all.

SemiAnonymous
14th Dec 2008, 19:23

It was daytime when inside the Arcology, but for some reason, it reverted to night time when you went out. Maybe you were in the shadow...

Unstoppable
14th Dec 2008, 21:25
Too soon to say but odds are there will be daytime/sunset level(s).

imported_van_HellSing
14th Dec 2008, 21:53
I honestly don't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that there will be missions at different parts of the day. No day/night cycle though - each mission will have the time set arbitrarily by the devs to accomplish a certain mood.

Looking for the source of this right now, so until I find it, take this with a grain of salt.

MaxxQ1
14th Dec 2008, 22:02
I honestly don't remember where I read it, but I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that there will be missions at different parts of the day. No day/night cycle though - each mission will have the time set arbitrarily by the devs to accomplish a certain mood.

Looking for the source of this right now, so until I find it, take this with a grain of salt.

Yep, that sounds like what I recall reading as well.

Big Orange
14th Dec 2008, 22:05
I'd say the original Deus Ex's nightime atmosphere was a happy accident due to the graphical limitations at the time (everything would look tacky in the daytime, like a old school Tomb Raider game). It is realistic that the main character goes around in the daytime in DX3, but that doesn't necessarily make it cheerful (think Eldon Tyrell's lair in Blade Runner).

K^2
14th Dec 2008, 23:00
It was daytime when inside the Arcology, but for some reason, it reverted to night time when you went out. Maybe you were in the shadow...
It was night in the Archology also. What you see is a holographic projection on the windows to simulate day light - something Archology residents have not been seeing much of because of the nanite cloud.

Hey, if you want to make sense of IW, you pretty much have to make **** up. Game's much more enjoyable that way.

NK007
14th Dec 2008, 23:15
It was night in the Archology also. What you see is a holographic projection on the windows to simulate day light - something Archology residents have not been seeing much of because of the nanite cloud.

Hey, if you want to make sense of IW, you pretty much have to make **** up. Game's much more enjoyable that way.

LOL :p

GmanPro
14th Dec 2008, 23:30
Too bad he never cries :rasp:

Kaigypsy
14th Dec 2008, 23:37

Yeah that always kind of threw me off with the half sunset/sunrise/nighttime/nanite cloud thingie. :whistle:

BTW, ha-ha! @ your quote. I guess I'm not hating on the game as much since it is still shiny new on my third go around. :D

K^2
15th Dec 2008, 00:23
Likewise, the Universal Ammo clips were filled with various bodily fluids of Chuck Norris. His blood for bullets, tears for rockets and so on.
I thought wine was Chunk Norris' blood. Or am I thinking of Jesus again?

gamer0004
15th Dec 2008, 18:14

It was supposed to be, but it never made it into the final game. Several previews and screenshots are available if you try google.

InGroove2
15th Dec 2008, 18:24
really GAMER004? where? I can't find anything.

gamer0004
15th Dec 2008, 18:46
really GAMER004? where? I can't find anything.

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/02/14/de_screen003.jpg

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/pc/deusex/d_screen004.jpg

Can't find the actual preview in which it was mentioned but it is somewhere...

InGroove2
15th Dec 2008, 19:22
sweet, thanks.

Big Orange
16th Dec 2008, 18:07
It can been broad daylight and still be bleak. I don't mind nightime at all, but I wouldn't want it to the extent that it would be unrealistic (like the Tim Burton Batman movies).