PDA

View Full Version : What happened if Raziel was never into the abyss?

djoey3984
14th Dec 2008, 15:09
Right in the middle of my replay of SR1 and I just began to wonder, what if Raziel was never thrown into the abyss. What kind of creature he would evolve to? Since he had his wings, I was thinking some kind of bat-like vampire. But since he is Kain's first born, he wouldn't have evolved as hideous looking as his brothers did. Any thoughts?

RainaAudron
14th Dec 2008, 18:45
Right in the middle of my replay of SR1 and I just began to wonder, what if Raziel was never thrown into the abyss. What kind of creature he would evolve to? Since he had his wings, I was thinking some kind of bat-like vampire. But since he is Kain's first born, he wouldn't have evolved as hideous looking as his brothers did. Any thoughts?

We will never know, but maybe he still had a "humanoid" body like Dumah had after evolution, and wings.

mega man
15th Dec 2008, 18:52
his destiny would not sustained the body which means course of history / his story would have been changed ie
he would never kill him self (human or sarafan raziel) would never become vampire and would never be thrown into the abyss
got that?

Vampmaster
15th Dec 2008, 22:50
Raziel would never have become the Soul Reaver, Kain couldn't have altered history by killing William the Just and might have accepted the sacrifice, meaning that Raziel would never have been ressurected as a vampire. This means he would never have blazed a path to Janos Audron, his sarafan self would never have been able to kill Janos and get the heart of darkness. Without the heart of darkness, Mortanius couldn't have ressurected Kain as a vampire, so Kain would be human and oblivious to his destiny or he'd simply have long before he was in a position to complete it. The hylden would then have then layed waste to Nosgoth, the EG would feast on all the extra dead souls and to top it off, all the land would become a lifeless desert.

Yautjatraker/Albatraous
16th Dec 2008, 08:15
These events could still happen, but would be done later. Raziel could be thrown into the abyss later on and be remade as the soul reaver. So long as raziel still exists to do the actions, then the actions can take place.

Raziel was due to go into the reaver at the end of SR2, but due to what happened at the end, this happened later on in Defiance. If something is changed in the timeline, it will reshift itself to fit it in.

Vampmaster
16th Dec 2008, 20:57
djoey3984 was asking what would have happened if Raziel was NEVER thrown into the abyss, not what would happen if Raziel was thrown into the abyss a bit later.

djoey3984
17th Dec 2008, 01:54
Of course I do know that if Raziel was never thrown into the abyss that SR1-Defiance would have never taken place, heck 1/2 of BO would have never taken place. I was trying to get the impression of what if one of his brothers took Raziel's place in history as the soul reaver. What kind of creature would Raziel morph into?

Eh, I failed at reconstructing a proper scenario I guess and got the obvious answer. My mistake. =D

Pilotslover
17th Dec 2008, 09:04
his destiny would not sustained the body which means course of history / his story would have been changed ie
he would never kill him self (human or sarafan raziel) would never become vampire and would never be thrown into the abyss
got that?

This.

Raziel never would have been a lieutenant in the first place because he wouldn't have been there to stab himself at the end of SR2.

I'll have to dig out my favourite comic on Devart ... it explores just this.

PL

Aranor
17th Dec 2008, 16:17
Perhaps better to ask what would Raziel have looked like had Kain waited a few more evolutions before tossing him into the abyss. Or perhaps by then bolting him to a boulder then toss him in.

Andarthiel
18th Dec 2008, 05:22
This.

Raziel never would have been a lieutenant in the first place because he wouldn't have been there to stab himself at the end of SR2.

I'll have to dig out my favourite comic on Devart ... it explores just this.

PL

Aye and it would stuff up everything and doom Nosgoth and the Pillars.

Pilotslover
18th Dec 2008, 09:01
Aye and it would stuff up everything and doom Nosgoth and the Pillars.

*nod nod* Exactly, therefore there is no way for Raziel NOT to be thrown into the Abyss.

PL

TheWatcher
19th Dec 2008, 01:49
I'd like to think Raziel would have ended up somewhat Turel-ish, but stayed on two legs and without the big ears.

On a related note, it's often been asked what the Razielim looked like. Perhaps that's something we would have seen in LoK6. :hmm:

Pilotslover
19th Dec 2008, 09:04
I'd like to think Raziel would have ended up somewhat Turel-ish, but stayed on two legs and without the big ears.

On a related note, it's often been asked what the Razielim looked like. Perhaps that's something we would have seen in LoK6. :hmm:

*cries* You're making me miss the game that never was even more!

I think Raziel would have become very bat like (Given his wings).

PL

mega man
19th Dec 2008, 18:38
and he would have more parts of body still attached :lol:
if he still lives (as a sarafan)

VipericVampire
2nd May 2009, 02:09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd5ySVkAeEI

This is what would happen if Raziel chose not to be revived. :lol:

The_Hylden
3rd May 2009, 21:19
Wow, lol

Guardian of Spirit
11th May 2009, 16:25
:lol::lol: nice work, really!! yeah this could be an option... even if EG would never let his unique chance escape like that! He always wanted Raziel like an "harvester of souls" and a faithful servant... so... a little bit unlikely but still a possibility!! :nut: