14th Dec 2008, 13:49
http://ruliweb6.empas.com:8080/ruliboard/gup/img_link7/150/149570_3.jpg

The Amygdala??

RockWitU
14th Dec 2008, 15:26
Is that in the game :eek:

zurc136
14th Dec 2008, 20:51
i kinda just assumed it was Bane. he's confirmed for the game, and it'd make sense for him to not have his mask, being that he's in arkham.

imbatman08
15th Dec 2008, 00:14
i kinda just assumed it was Bane. he's confirmed for the game, and it'd make sense for him to not have his mask, being that he's in arkham.

It Cant Be Bane This Guy Has Spikes Around His Neck And A Few On His Face.. Maybe Its A New Villian They Have Made Up :S

galiono
15th Dec 2008, 13:14
The Amygdala??

no i think hes right it may be amygdala

Shadowstorm
17th Dec 2008, 20:51
yep thats amygdala for sure.

Mr. Bibb
22nd Dec 2008, 05:08
Come on guys, this is Killer Croc, lets do a little 2nd grade detective work, shall we?

We've got a bunch of screen shots from the game. Lets see what we've got.
There's screens of Killer Croc, and he's big, about as big as this guy. Killer Croc is also spikey, like the ones this guy is starting to grow.

From the Environment trailer we see lots of tables with strange claw appendages that people are strapped into. These look like they're either torture racks(highly unlikely), or the typical 'prisoner experimentation' trope(very likely). [[Although you can bet your money the prisoners strap a few guards into said chairs for revenge at some point]]

Lets put two and two together. Prisoner experimentation. Killer Croc. Large angry guy who looks mostly human with traces of similar spikes, teeth, forehead ridges, and claws as Killer Croc.

Killer Croc is likely the result of a prison experiment in this series of Batman, and this is a stage of the transformation from buff prisoner to Killer Croc.

That or this is a 'failed / half killer croc' badguy goon for when the normal joker goons aren't as challenging in the later parts of the game.

w2509
22nd Dec 2008, 06:26
Amygdala is the alias of DC Comics character Aaron Helzinger, who is a sometime opponent of Batman. He has reduced mental capacity, is prone to outbursts of violence and has super-strength due to medical experimentation on his brain, chiefly the removal of his amygdala.

As demonstrated in Kl├╝ver-Bucy syndrome, individuals with lesioned amygdalae in real life experience a wide range of emotions, including anger, but frequently in response to the wrong stimuli.

Anatomically, the amygdala refers to the bundle of nerve cells in the brain that control emotional associations of many kinds. Helzinger's amygdala cluster was removed in an attempt to cure him of his homicidal rage (apparently by a doctor who did not understand the difference between the amygdala and the hypothalamus). This procedure resulted in Amygdala becoming exceedingly angry and was the opposite of what the surgery was supposed to achieve. Easily led due to his childlike nature, Amygdala has been the pawn of a number of Batman villains, but when properly medicated, he can be peaceful.

Amygdala first appeared in Shadow of the Bat #3 in 1992 during the story arc of the four-parter Batman: The Last Arkham which began the new line of comics. In the issue, Amygdala was forced to attack Batman by the maddened Jeremiah Arkham. Batman subdued Amygdala, but was then forced to face more inmates.[1]

Amygdala later appeared in Part 2 of the year-long story arc Batman: Knightfall, which also saw other characters introduced in Batman: The Last Arkham return to the comic book universe, most notably Zsasz and Jeremiah Arkham. In Knightfall, Amygdala was freed from Arkham Asylum by Bane along with numerous other inmates and was soon under the control of The Ventriloquist. Batman intercepted Ventriloquist, but was promptly attacked by Amygdala. As Ventriloquist escaped, Batman subdued Amygdala once more and the villain no longer took part in Knightfall.[2]

He has been released into the community on numerous occasions, where he has been an ally and friend of **** Grayson (Nightwing, the former Robin); He lived in the hero's apartment building and worked as a warden in Lockhaven Prison. When Blockbuster was in the process of breaking Nightwing down both physically and emotionally, he blew up Grayson's apartment complex with Amygdala inside. Amygdala survived, but was heavily traumatized by the death of his friends.

Mr. Bibb
22nd Dec 2008, 06:42
way to copy and paste http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amygdala_(comics) ...

imbatman08
25th Dec 2008, 23:38
Come on guys, this is Killer Croc, lets do a little 2nd grade detective work, shall we?

There's screens of Killer Croc, and he's big, about as big as this guy. Killer Croc is also spikey, like the ones this guy is starting to grow.

From the Environment trailer we see lots of tables with strange claw appendages that people are strapped into. These look like they're either torture racks(highly unlikely), or the typical 'prisoner experimentation' trope(very likely). [[Although you can bet your money the prisoners strap a few guards into said chairs for revenge at some point]]

Lets put two and two together. Prisoner experimentation. Killer Croc. Large angry guy who looks mostly human with traces of similar spikes, teeth, forehead ridges, and claws as Killer Croc.

Killer Croc is likely the result of a prison experiment in this series of Batman, and this is a stage of the transformation from buff prisoner to Killer Croc.

That or this is a 'failed / half killer croc' badguy goon for when the normal joker goons aren't as challenging in the later parts of the game.

I Think Your Wrong Cause I Read In Xbox 360 Mag A While Back..When you bring the joker in killer croc comes out of a elevator and says " Iv Got Your Sent Now Batman " So This Isnt Killer Croc

Mr. Bibb
27th Dec 2008, 01:54
Nice, that's interesting. What about the second idea that it's a test subject/failed killer croc experiment?

Nagisawa Rei
27th Dec 2008, 04:04

Actually, no. It IS Amygdala. Killer croc has been shown in the new teaser trailer, he's the scaly dude with the chains near the end of the clip.

CodeBlack
27th Dec 2008, 05:30
Whoever that is, he looks like Doomsday, what with the spikes and all which had me wondering... I've never seen Amygdala, but if that's him, then I'll stop worrying.

$cAreCr0w
27th Dec 2008, 23:08
I thought it was croc when i first saw it but im not sure :/ looks scary :D lol
x

jacknapier648
28th Dec 2008, 01:09

Sorry, man-- as convincing as that research was, it was for the most part childish in the insulting tone you cast against anyone not for your case. Plus, I'm not sure if you've seen the screen cap depicting the Killer Croc but it is much more true to the animalistic nature of the character than this image-- in case you haven't seen it.... http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperHeroGames/galleries/?g=10&i=822
I mean, you have to be ready to fight a losing battle if you test against this depiction as being the Killer Croc- compare this image to the screencap of the unidentified character we're currently discussing, and you see multiple key points seperating them as two completely different personas, despite the similarities you may see (of course, the size for one thing). I stand by the point that this is not, as you stand, the Killer Croc, though my guess is as good as any other's as to what it is.

Kai Rei
28th Dec 2008, 02:19

Dude, it's Amygdala.

Kinda make's me wonder... If Dc are resorting to using villain's such as the above mentioned, then their probably going all out with the rogue's gallery.

Nagisawa Rei
28th Dec 2008, 02:23
Dude, it's Amygdala.

Kinda make's me wonder... If Dc are resorting to using villain's such as the above mentioned, then their probably going all out with the rogue's gallery.

Bear in mind, that this is Arkham, and most of the Bat's career (Which I get the impression is like in the middle of, unlike the Nolan films) he's put away a LOT of people. Some escape Arkham regularily, like the Joker, others will have been there for a LONG time because they can't be treated, just sedated.

Kai Rei
28th Dec 2008, 02:30
Bear in mind, that this is Arkham, and most of the Bat's career (Which I get the impression is like in the middle of, unlike the Nolan films) he's put away a LOT of people. Some escape Arkham regularily, like the Joker, others will have been there for a LONG time because they can't be treated, just sedated.

True, that.

Something tell's me it's going to be one hell of a ride. So, let's clear thing's up. We've seen:

1: Amygdala.
2: Riddler [atleast his cell].
3: Killer Croc.

And last but not least, The Joker.

I can't recall seeing anyone else, although from what I gather, Poison Ivy's going to have something to do with the destruction of Arkham.

Batman_Sauce024
28th Dec 2008, 03:16

Seriously you really thought this was killer croc???

Kraken890
28th Dec 2008, 07:27
If it is Amygdala, I thank BatmanTodayAndBeyond.com's rogue database for helping me find it. Let's just pray it's not Doomsday for whatever reason, because there's soo many problems jurisdictionally and combat wise.
That is interesting though that Amygdala was in a story arc called "The Last Arkham" and interacted with Jeremiah Arkham, which does lend it more reason for it to be.

door noob
28th Dec 2008, 19:29
Dude, it's Amygdala.

check out the villain list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Asylum

Kai Rei
28th Dec 2008, 20:14
check out the villain list
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Arkham_Asylum

Thank's.

I was hoping we'd get to see Scarecrow in this. Him and, hopefully, Jervis Tetch. Imagine Tetch somehow had Cassandra Cain under his influence, and you had to go up against her. That wouldn't be easy.

turks
28th Dec 2008, 23:04
If it is Amygdala, I thank Let's just pray it's not Doomsday for whatever reason, because there's soo many problems jurisdictionally and combat wise.

theres no way doomsday would be in this, why would he even be in arkham or a batman game tell me please tell me one sensible answer to that and it doesn't even look like doomsday hes gray and has tons of spikes and arkham would never hold doomsday either

Kai Rei
29th Dec 2008, 00:35
theres no way doomsday would be in this, why would he even be in arkham or a batman game tell me please tell me one sensible answer to that and it doesn't even look like doomsday hes gray and has tons of spikes and arkham would never hold doomsday either

Calm down Gramp's...

He promise's not to put proon's in your oatmeal again...

merose12
30th Dec 2008, 17:34
I have another "who is he" question.

I saw this recent pic here:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7849/95233920081222screen007qp1.jpg

Could this be Mr Zsasz? Im thinkin that since he's holding knives and he's wearing a mask similar to Hannibal Lecter's, although he is a bit too clothed so we cannot se his trademark tally scars.

door noob
30th Dec 2008, 18:24
I have another "who is he" question.

I saw this recent pic here:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/7849/95233920081222screen007qp1.jpg

Could this be Mr Zsasz? Im thinkin that since he's holding knives and he's wearing a mask similar to Hannibal Lecter's, although he is a bit too clothed so we cannot se his trademark tally scars.

I'm preety sure that that's just a normal inmate, lots of people could be holdin knives against batman. And they would make Mr. Zsasz a bit more obviouse, so IMO it is not Mr. Zsasz

supafuz
31st Dec 2008, 16:16
I agree that it is Amygdala. The spikes don't make much sense but the muscles sure do.

Zsasz
2nd Jan 2009, 01:03
Ahem. Quit your b*tching, Zsasz is in this, therefore everything is okay.

I do think it's Zsasz, even though we can't see any visible tallies on his person.

TheManWhoLaughs
3rd Jan 2009, 02:08
its amygdala

Wigglez
16th Jan 2009, 03:20
There's no other explaination than Amygdala.

angleslam99
16th Jan 2009, 06:53
How could people actually think that that's Croc? We've seen Croc. Numerous times.

No other person fits the description but Amygdala

k1ll1ng j0k3
16th Jan 2009, 15:16
come on guys! Amygdala is a very good option, but consider other options, for example the game informer article hints to The Joker wanting to be caught because he wanted to be inside Arkham, why? Well because the Arkham Asylum research program has files on the venom serum so the person in the picture can easily be a regular goon that has been injected with the serum by the joker and his lackeys. Believe me that's not Killer Croc!