PDA

View Full Version : Updates and Downtime

mycoldman
12th Dec 2008, 19:26
Hey guys,

Just wanted to fill you in on the latest here. As you know, the forums are going offline (http://forums.eidosgames.com/announcement.php?f=256&a=35) this weekend for some scheduled maintenance. Sadly, this has scuppered some of my plans for the end of this week - mostly regarding the Battlestations Community Update - as there'll be nowhere for you guys to see it.

Monday was our tentative date for the newly designed, Pacific-themed battlestations.net to launch, however the server downtime has unexpectedly thrown a tiny spanner into the mix.

So, amidst the chaos, here's how it's going down. The website extravaganza is happening. Maybe not Monday as originally planned, but certainly shortly thereafter. You can expect a bumper BCU along with that and a host of new treasure and booty to salivate over.

During the downtime, I urge you to drop in on our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Battlestations-Pacific/34435761938), as that's where any announcements will be made over the weekend. I may even throw up a couple of surprise goodies to make it worth your while, since I'm good like that.

With a bit of luck, come Monday we'll all be back online, and maybe even in fresh new digs too. But I don't want to promise until I've final word. One thing I can promise however, is that there'll be a little something special for the first to sign up to our new home, so be sure to get involved. More details on that a little later.

We're literally working around the clock here to get things moving asap. Rest assured, when the gremlins have been dealt with, we'll all be much better off for it.

chip5541
12th Dec 2008, 19:38
New stuff... woohoo!!

sstoffels
16th Dec 2008, 00:52
please have the multiplayer info and a release date we have all been waiting for that for a long time. gameplay trailors are good too.:D :D :D :D

Kreutzberg
17th Dec 2008, 14:10
Are these new things in effect? I don't see anything new.

Comm. Codey
17th Dec 2008, 14:31
No they are not in effect yet.

They'll be somewere this week I think

Yamamoto666
20th Dec 2008, 05:55
ive seen some changes, but nothing really too different, but its good to see the word pacific now more often

billyfromhill
22nd Dec 2008, 04:42
Well, It's been about a week since the forums came back up. So much for the "bumper" BCU and the new website.

I-Lucky-I
22nd Dec 2008, 14:20
yeah, would be nice to see some of the promises come true...

raston
22nd Dec 2008, 14:23
Well,its been 10 days,,,,,,,,i cant hold my breath any longer.

Polarshark
22nd Dec 2008, 14:42
agreed

at least give us some new videos or screenshots

to buy yourselves some time

LORD BLACKFIRE
22nd Dec 2008, 16:03
agreed

at least give us some new videos or screenshots

to buy yourselves some time

Back during July's E3, somewhere a statement was made that July was going to see the release of single-player info (which it was - see the various videos at Gametrailers.com of in-game footage) and August would see multiplayer info released.

August, September, October, and November have come and gone with very little (if any) new multiplayer info, esp. on par with the videos of the single-player game.

By now we should have learned not to take "it will be out at X time" statements seriously.

And the PR folks should learn to take dates they are given and multiply by 3 to stop building up false expectations among the fans. If it happens to come early then it's a nice surprise and nobody is annoyed.

Comm. Codey
22nd Dec 2008, 16:05
The only thing that annoys me is that there's no message from Eidos explaining that the content will be released later because of difficulties or something. :hmm:

Making a announcement and then just dead silence is a bit strange...

billyfromhill
22nd Dec 2008, 20:07
Making a announcement and then just dead silence is a bit strange...

Bad PR is what it is.

Arrow
22nd Dec 2008, 20:56
http://www.infactah.com/uploaded_images/dv-tumbleweed-1-big-726376.jpg

Nothing...nothing....still nothing...

raston
23rd Dec 2008, 13:16
D Day +11.
Still no word from the front!!!!!!!!!
Has mike and the team hit the mince pie trail early this year?
I have heard a rumour they were all seen dissapearing down the pub for an early xmas booze up and were last seen in a karaoke bar in paddington singing along to robbie williams songs!
Is this true????????

chip5541
23rd Dec 2008, 13:47
They went in to a room a play around with the game and haven't been seen since. :rasp:

It3llig3nc3
29th Dec 2008, 13:11
Just as I argued earlier - EIDOS' first problem is denial of problems. They overpromise but underdeliver. What is going on with this subject is just another evidence.
Let's hope the EIDOS High Management does not drag back the DEV team with this attitude.

CaptHawkeye
29th Dec 2008, 13:59
Overpromise and then fail to deliver? That's been the story with gaming since the 90s.

raston
29th Dec 2008, 19:43
I think its D-Day + 17 ,anyone else feeling uninformed??????

battleshipman
29th Dec 2008, 23:11
I think its D-Day + 17 ,anyone else feeling uninformed??????

I think all of us are.

It3llig3nc3
30th Dec 2008, 07:31
I guess the explanation this time will be that nobody works at EIDOS between Xmas and New Year. It looks like they can afford to do it...

So stay tuned until 5th of January at least... ...my 2 cents...

General_Snipe77
30th Dec 2008, 07:40
wow.......still waiting:mad2:

raston
5th Jan 2009, 10:22
D-Day + 24........................Almost a month since we were told..."its only days away"

How long does it take to grow a mushroom?
I hope the sarcasm isnt wasted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mycoldman
5th Jan 2009, 10:44
Be sure to check www.battlestations.net tommorrow.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6054/shinden003smallgv6.jpg

That is all.

raston
5th Jan 2009, 10:54
Not bad at all mike.....22 mins for an answer.....i bet you were waiting,expectantly at your k board waiting for the 1st one to moan!!!
Lol....

mycoldman
5th Jan 2009, 11:02
I wish I could say more, but it's all systems go here. I know it's not been without its hiccups, but it's all changing...

Quick reminder to all: sign up to the new site as soon as you can. You may find you're eligible for something a little bit special.

It3llig3nc3
5th Jan 2009, 12:01
Welcome in the forums in 2009 mycoldman.
One clarification for the registration process on the new website: what if somebody registered earlier? As for myself I registered for BS:M (back in 2006 pre launch) and also for BS:P however never received any information or follow-up. I hope this will be fixed with the new version?

Red October
5th Jan 2009, 13:08
I wish I could say more, but it's all systems go here. I know it's not been without its hiccups, but it's all changing...

Quick reminder to all: sign up to the new site as soon as you can. You may find you're eligible for something a little bit special.

For the country field it only has Ireland and Uk for the options

mycoldman
5th Jan 2009, 14:38
For the country field it only has Ireland and Uk for the options

I should clarify you won't be able to sign up for the new site until we hit the big green ON switch here. That should be happening sometime tomorrow.

It'll be a whole new sign up I'm afraid, but has to be in order to make the most out of the new site.

Waffen
5th Jan 2009, 22:30
cool! what weekend? next weekend?? :confused: i really want to see the new BSP site. but any ways just anthor thing to look forwars to. :rolleyes:

Polarshark
5th Jan 2009, 22:35
YES finallly

new info Tomorrow

thank you myocldman

it's been a while

Yamamoto666
5th Jan 2009, 22:54
cool pic, thats a prototype Japanese plane :D looks reallllllly goood :D ill be back TOMMMOROOOWWW

Waffen
5th Jan 2009, 23:10

whats the new site name???? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sandy
6th Jan 2009, 05:55
HOLY **IT MYCOLDMAN !!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D
What graphics!!!!!!!!!!
What a picture!!!!!!!!!
Me toooooooooo back tomorrow!!!!!!!!!:) :) :) :) :) :)

SuperE
6th Jan 2009, 06:03
Im sure your not going to see this before the website goes up mycoldman but around what time will it go up like late at night or early in the morn

It3llig3nc3
6th Jan 2009, 07:56
Be sure to check www.battlestations.net tommorrow.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6054/shinden003smallgv6.jpg

That is all.

I checked it this morning. Still the old version. Did I miss something? Is it coming live later today?

F4F
6th Jan 2009, 10:21
Where is that picture from??
Looks very nice:thumbsup:

It3llig3nc3
6th Jan 2009, 14:51
New Site is Up.
:D

go and check.

mycoldman
6th Jan 2009, 15:06
New Site is Up.

go and check.

we're still working on it, so expect lots more content to arrive in the next few days and even later today.

I know there's been issues, and it's not been the smoothest of rides here (what with server issues and whatnot) but this is a fresh start for Battlestations, please, get involved and enjoy. :)

I-Lucky-I
6th Jan 2009, 15:09
New Site is Up.

go and check.

where? battlestations.net shows me the old one...

chip5541
6th Jan 2009, 15:10
yeah. Creating an account is a little slow (ie still trying :mad2: ) :D

Be patient.

battleshipman
6th Jan 2009, 16:12
All I get is a "HTTP 400 Bad Request" when I try to register:mad2:

mycoldman
6th Jan 2009, 16:16
Don't panic. The site is getting rushed at the moment and like I say I'm still tinkering in the background, fixing little bits and pieces and uploading stuff.

It will settle down. Don't give up!

raston
6th Jan 2009, 16:29
All I get is a "HTTP 400 Bad Request" when I try to register:mad2:

Try clicking on the home page link or the forum link at the top eric,i got into reg that way.

battleshipman
6th Jan 2009, 16:36
Try clicking on the home page link or the forum link at the top eric,i got into reg that way.

I did, and I get to the forums then to register and when I click Create new account (after I fill out my username and click the I accept box) it sits there and 3-5 minutes later thats what I get:(

raston
6th Jan 2009, 16:38
I did, and I get to the forums then to register and when I click register it sits there and 3-5 minutes later thats what I get:(

Same here....but then i ckd my emails and thats where the link is to activate yr account.
Job done.

battleshipman
6th Jan 2009, 16:42
Same here....but then i ckd my emails and thats where the link is to activate yr account.
Job done.

Just checked my mail not a thing, maybe I'll wait and try later.:hmm:

EDIT: Ok so it finally went through but now I need to wait for the registration mail.:hmm:

SuperE
6th Jan 2009, 22:11
I got the email just cant log in the site is down for me

chip5541
6th Jan 2009, 22:35
There seemed to be some issue, at least for me, with Firefox. I had to switch over and use IE to register.

I believe some internal work is being done with what has been reported. Should be back up soon.

Polarshark
6th Jan 2009, 22:52
same here

no connection

will check it back later

Waffen
7th Jan 2009, 21:38
always did. i just hit battlestations.net and there it was a awesome site.

Polarshark
8th Jan 2009, 01:00

hmmmm

i wonder

Waffen
8th Jan 2009, 01:03
i did sign up. SOOOO i wonder what we get :scratch: ? MYBE a 5 dollars off pre order or purchase that be awesome! :cool: :cool: :cool: :D :D :D :D

M0n3y
8th Jan 2009, 18:17
maybe we could get the CE for the same price as the normal game? :D

barrybarfly
8th Jan 2009, 19:26
Access to Beta next week :eek:

If only!!!