PDA

View Full Version : Battlestations: Pacific... Introducing the Box

mycoldman
10th Dec 2008, 21:36
This has been available over on the Battlestations: Pacific facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Battlestations-Pacific/34435761938) for a little while now, but I don't recall seeing it make a debut on the forums as of yet. So, just in case you missed it, here it is again (in a new, ever so slightly higher forum exclusive resolution) what you'll be looking for on store shelves next year.

Rammed! with epic, action orientated WWII imagery!
More! than just a decorative sleeve to keep your disc warm!
Brown! as opposed to Midway's Blue!

It's the Battlestations: Pacific Box Art!

Available in mint:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/185/bsp360esrbfm4.jpg

or vanilla:
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/7008/bspgfwesrbvy6.jpg

Beauty, isn't she?

Shhhh... don't say nuffink, but I'm working on stealing you guys a super hi-res version of the artwork, sans all the logos and labels and stuff, right now.

Polarshark
10th Dec 2008, 22:12
nice man IT"S EXTREMELY BEAUTIFUL

lots of tropical colours there and action

when are the new updates coming?

mycoldman
10th Dec 2008, 22:14

Expect another BCU this week.

Polarshark
10th Dec 2008, 22:17
lol 2 billion posts

hope the next BCU will include more info than we expected:)

chip5541
10th Dec 2008, 22:21
Shhhh... don't say nuffink, but I'm working on stealing you guys a super hi-res version of the artwork, sans all the logos and labels and stuff, right now.

Great! Some wallpaper for my PS3.

Polarshark
10th Dec 2008, 22:23
Great! Some wallpaper for my PS3.

same here

i want some of the wallpaper for my desktop

the one i have now is 800 x 600 of a photo of BSP and doesn't look good

sstoffels
10th Dec 2008, 22:44
please have the multiplayer info in the next BCU we have all been waiting for that for a long time. :)
i think i see a huge sub in the lower right part of the box behing the right most carrier can anyone tell what that is. :confused:

M0n3y
11th Dec 2008, 09:32
great box :D

same here

i want some of the wallpaper for my desktop

the one i have now is 800 x 600 of a photo of BSP and doesn't look good

i want a wallpaper for me PC & Xbox360 :)

It3llig3nc3
11th Dec 2008, 12:52
Boxart has Windows LIVE for the PC version despite earlier communication that BS:P will not use that feature.

Furthermore GameSpy logo is missing from the PC Box cover. Does that mean the network code and facility provider will be different?

mycoldman
11th Dec 2008, 13:55
Boxart has Windows LIVE for the PC version despite earlier communication that BS:P will not use that feature.

Furthermore GameSpy logo is missing from the PC Box cover. Does that mean the network code and facility provider will be different?

Updated.

It would seem I accidentally uploaded early versions, which may have been slightly different to the final thing. Good spot though on the lack of a GameSpy logo, you'll be pleased to know those days are gone. :D

raston
11th Dec 2008, 16:37
Updated.

you'll be pleased to know those days are gone. :D

Sod it...i can wait till whenever now you have confirmed that bit of info.
That is possibly the best news i could hear.

Bye bye lamespy...you wont be missed!

Arrow
11th Dec 2008, 17:03
Good spot though on the lack of a GameSpy logo, you'll be pleased to know those days are gone. :D

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yamamoto666
11th Dec 2008, 20:20
these are beautiful, it takes all of the pacific war and crams it onto a paper smaller than legal size...i love it :D

Polarshark
11th Dec 2008, 20:52

wait

you're saying THERE won't be WINDOWS LIVE on PC?

it's been replaced????????:eek:

Arrow
11th Dec 2008, 21:52
Strategywiki article's been updated with the box.

M0n3y
12th Dec 2008, 09:58
no lamespy...FINALLY :D
finally some new, great news :D

sstoffels
16th Dec 2008, 00:55
the sub in the lower right behind the carrier its huge for a sub what is it anyone:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

SuperE
16th Dec 2008, 05:09
You put down US and Japanesse forces it should be Allied and Japanesse please don't forget the other brothers in arms that fought and lost their lives

I think there just confrimed the Montana with Prototype air sea and undersea units

Red October
16th Dec 2008, 17:50
the sub in the lower right behind the carrier its huge for a sub what is it anyone:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Looks about the right size for a regular sub.

W4lt3r89
16th Dec 2008, 18:18
please have the multiplayer info in the next BCU we have all been waiting for that for a long time. :)
i think i see a huge sub in the lower right part of the box behing the right most carrier can anyone tell what that is. :confused:

Looks like a I-400 due to the form of the observation deck... One hell of a big sub.. What now 130-150 meters or so it was, longer then most destroyers, if not all of them.

Comm. Codey
16th Dec 2008, 18:19
Hey everyone,
I've been playing battlestations since it's release on the 360 and I still like it alot...I live in holland and besides gaming I'm busy studying architecture. I've registered myself on these forums a long time ago but never really posted anything, lol.

The large sub could be the Japanese I-400 submarine, it was the biggest submarine of ww2. This submarine is mentioned in a interview,
http://www.boomtown.net/en_uk/articles/art.view.php?id=16903

The I-400 submarine was not only a submarine, but a submarine-carrier. It carried 3 seaplanes wich could be armed with torpedo's or depth charges. The planes were launched with a catapult.

Ryback14
26th Dec 2008, 10:22

too bad that wont be in our living rooms for another 6 months. meh, it's okay, i can wait as long as it takes to make this game awesome.

plus now it looks like Aliens might beat this game to the shelves.....that'll keep me occupied for many months. gearbox better do a good job with it. cause BIAHH was a major letdown.