PDA

View Full Version : completion rewards?

jc_lemon_lime
10th Dec 2008, 05:19
what sort of unlockable goddies would you like to get for beating DX3? (i.e. costumes/skins, stupid powerful weapons, bonus areas.)

i think it would be neat to include a 'play as JC mode'

3nails4you
10th Dec 2008, 05:53
Play as Paul! Play as Paul! Also, maybe a Greasel Pit minigame arena mode?

spm1138
10th Dec 2008, 10:11
I'd like a decent ending and a game long enough that I didn't need silly unlocks :D

Actually, some concept art would be neat

Necros
10th Dec 2008, 11:00
:cool: :thumb: I'd love to see stuff like this and other extras too, like interviews and behind the scenes videos, infos.

Also, maybe a Greasel Pit minigame arena mode?
:lol: That would be fun! :D

ZylonBane
10th Dec 2008, 11:14
"Unlockables" are for console 'tards.

Kaze103
10th Dec 2008, 13:07

There have been unlockables in PC games for a long long time, before the majority of console bashing started.

I'd love to see concept art unlocked, and special documents, like the script and notations that were originally made

GmanPro
10th Dec 2008, 18:56
The best unlockable content was in the NWN games. If you beat a chapter of the game, you could then open that chapter in the toolset. Best reward ever. :thumb:

Joseph Manderley's Corpse
10th Dec 2008, 19:02
what sort of unlockable goddies would you like to get for beating DX3? (i.e. costumes/skins, stupid powerful weapons, bonus areas.)

i think it would be neat to include a 'play as JC mode'

i want an Otis Spunkmeyer cookie to pop out of my CD drive when I complete a level.

Necros
10th Dec 2008, 19:55
The best unlockable content was in the NWN games. If you beat a chapter of the game, you could then open that chapter in the toolset. Best reward ever. :thumb:
I don't know, they should be avalaible there from the start. :hmm:

But I really like the unlockable stuff in the first two Brothers in Arms games. You could unlock a lot of info about the weapons, the developers, the background, history... And finally some cheats and the Authentic difficulty mode. :cool:

Jerion
10th Dec 2008, 20:49
I think you should just be given access to a special features option in the game menu, where you can look at all the concept art, watch a developer interview video, and some other stuff. also, an option should be opened up inside the game to visit a previously hidden area and experience an easter egg of some sort. Maybe have Warren Spector talking about something behind a desk?

imported_van_HellSing
10th Dec 2008, 21:45
My take: let's have concept art, commentary, "making of" type stuff, as unlockables, but let's have all of that available upon completing the game, no other fancy "find 50 [whatever]" requirements. That way, we will have a nice, big reward for completion, also it will provide some safety from viewing (and spoiling yourself with) all that stuff before you actually finished the game and avoid frustration stemming from possible difficulty/tedium of any additional requirements.

El_Bel
10th Dec 2008, 22:05
one word. Ridd ick.

big ass, easy f ****, wet c ****, big d ****!!!! Someone put Rid**** as an exception!!

GmanPro
10th Dec 2008, 23:40
^^ lol

I just want a commentary mode like Half Life 2.

Yargo
11th Dec 2008, 02:54
Play as Paul! Play as Paul! Also, maybe a Greasel Pit minigame arena mode?

Play as would be cool but could be left for mods. Greasel Pit Mini-game??? :scratch: Seriously?

I'd like a decent ending and a game long enough that I didn't need silly unlocks :D

Agreed, Concept art could be in the credits though. Or maybe like metroid prime gallery :D

Unlockables are annoying!!!

GmanPro
11th Dec 2008, 03:19
Concept art in the credits like in Baldur's Gate would be awesome! I always love when a game finishes with good credits. It makes me feel bad that its over, and makes me want to play it again.

3nails4you
11th Dec 2008, 04:53
Play as would be cool but could be left for mods. Greasel Pit Mini-game??? :scratch: Seriously?

Come on, admit it, you've always wanted to try playing as a Greasel! Maybe sneak around vents and spit on some people...good stuff.

Unstoppable
11th Dec 2008, 04:58
I want a harder mode unlocked but add more than just slightly harder A.I. and less ammo. Throw in plenty of curve balls like tougher enemies or just a few things different in levels. Resident Evil 4 did the replay value well and I got my arse handed to me on the hardest difficulty.

I want Deus Ex 3 to be highly replayable, give me a reason to play it at least 2 more times. Bioshock had no reason to go back and it's a darn shame. Hopefully for part 2 they will rectify this.

This could definitely be a reason people buy the game. They want something that will last them at least a year or more! :thumb:

Mr. Perfect
11th Dec 2008, 05:44
If there are any unlocks, they should be cosmetic or just-for-fun type things. Unlocking super weapons, cheats, and things that make the game easier just ruin the balance of the game.

Come on, admit it, you've always wanted to try playing as a Greasel! Maybe sneak around vents and spit on some people...good stuff.

No. I haven't. But I do now! Give it a trench coat and some shades, and I'm in!

jc_lemon_lime
11th Dec 2008, 06:09
My take: let's have concept art, commentary, "making of" type stuff, as unlockables, but let's have all of that available upon completing the game, no other fancy "find 50 [whatever]" requirements. That way, we will have a nice, big reward for completion, also it will provide some safety from viewing (and spoiling yourself with) all that stuff before you actually finished the game and avoid frustration stemming from possible difficulty/tedium of any additional requirements.

that'd be nice

DXeXodus
11th Dec 2008, 11:30
I think a developers commentary would be very cool. The FEAR DVD had a video of a guy playing through the whole game with the developers speaking in the background. It was awesome.

But otherwise, unlockables are not really necessary as far as I am concerned.

Yargo
11th Dec 2008, 22:35

I can't say I have. Sorry, just not interested in a greasel mini-game.