PDA

View Full Version : New Batman Movies???

TheJoker619
10th Dec 2008, 01:21
is there going to be more batman movies too come out and i heard that johnny deep is going to be playing the riddler and who will be taking the role of the joker now that the late great Heath Ledger is gone???

ICK14
10th Dec 2008, 02:55
They better not use the Joker in the next one. 1) Heath did a perfect Joker and no one can top it. 2) We've already seen the Joker, lets get a new villain that hasn't been in a Batman film yet. I was thinking Black Mask would be a good one...

imbatman08
10th Dec 2008, 18:53
Has Any One Read Knightfall Broken Bat, Knightfall Who Rules The Night, Knightsend..

They Are The Best Batman Books Ever Made !!!!

I Think It Would Be A Great Film They Should Defo Think Of Doing This For Batman 3

( People Who Have Not Read The Books, Its Where Bane Breaks Every1 Out Of Arkham Then Batman Has To Take Them Down 1 By 1 Then When He Has All Of Them Beat And He Is Weak Bane Breaks His Back So He Passes The Mantel Onto Jean Paul Valley Who Beats Bane Then Goes Mad And Thinks He's The Real Batman So Bruce Has To Win Back The Cape )

Gitsie
10th Dec 2008, 19:15
Eek. I feel bad for whoever has to play the joker they have alot to live up to..

And.. Johnny Depp = the Riddler ?
I cant picture him playing that role. : /

Vigilance
10th Dec 2008, 19:17
That wouldn't make a good Batman3. Nolan's new Batman movies are their own thing. They shouldn't use an existing story. They're new and fresh and they do their own thing with everything without really being a separate universe. It's really great to see. I'd like to see Nolan continue his work and do something interesting that directly continues the ending of The Dark Knight. Doing those stories you mentioned wouldn't make any sense because it doesn't tie in very well.

I'm excited to see what comes next, though a little nervous as well, since Nolan may or may not be involved with the third one (not sure how involved he plans on being, but I heard he's considering giving it up to someone else).

RockWitU
12th Dec 2008, 13:23
President of production Jeff Robinov hopes a third film will be released in 2011, seems that Nolan is not thinking of coming back but he said : "the only reason he would return would be if he found a necessary way to continue the story" , Bale also said: "If Nolan is coming back I'm back too", Gary Oldman and Caine wanna come back in the next film Kate Beckinsale has expressed interest in playing Catwoman and there is some rumors about Angelina for Catwoman.

Michael Caine commented that a studio executive was interested in casting Johnny Depp as the Riddler, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin. Hoffman later denied the rumor but I think he would be perfect.

ButterMan
12th Dec 2008, 14:56
Erm...i just got rick roll'd :(

Anyhu, im getting a little annoyed with everyone on the net saying "Joker shouldnt be re-cast"

Why the hell not? Yeh Heath suprised us all and was a brilliant villain, but lets face it, any good/great actor could do what Ledger done.

Im not saying that if they did re-cast Th Joker, they should be exactly like Ledger, it could be a little different, depending on what year the next Batman will be set, say a few years after Dark Knight events. Joker Would have been in Arkham for a few years, and developed some sort of new personalities, or in any case he would be a little more weirder, creepier etc after being locked in a padded cell. Plus its kinda of a good plot to involve Harley Quinn, the years shes been with The Joker, Joker would have brainwashed her.

I think the villains should be Joker, Bane and Quinn.

Bane - Main Villain
Joker - Maybes sorta like a 2nd main villain, maybe trying to stop Bane killing Batman, since Joker doesnt want the fun to stop.
Quinn - Sub near the end turn villain. Maybe have joker kill her at the end, that would be interesting.

Schiff, Thomas
19th Dec 2008, 23:03
I heard they are going to recast him because he's esential to the plot..... which means if they do........ ees gonna suck! DX

RabidEasterBunny
20th Dec 2008, 00:22
Did any of you hear of the roumer that Eddie Murphy is The Riddler and Shia LeBouf is Robin? Ha ha ha.:lol:
It's fake, if any of you didn't catch on.

TakeOver
25th Dec 2008, 01:43
Hey guys I found this Pictures on a wall in my Online RPG where i Play Batman

but i dont know is it fake or not... :wave:

i think the pictures shows Catwoman Riddler and Harlequin

btw Merry X-Mas ² all :wave: :thumb:

on the first pic u see my Batman avatar what i play in the game lol

http://i40.tinypic.com/jj8jf6.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/ny663b.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/29opys3.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/23h0olc.jpg

greetz TakeOver

BatFan
25th Dec 2008, 04:36
If Batman's your avatar...What game are you playing? And they're fake btw.

TheManWhoLaughs
3rd Jan 2009, 01:57
its obvious that those pics are fake, but they are so god damn awesome. By the way is the RP like Batman or is it Justic League because I'm interested in it

CodeBlack
5th Jan 2009, 06:11
Ok, thanks to a site I go to (http://nextbatmanbadguy.blogspot.com/2008/07/villain-list.html) with a guy who actively looks for up to date Batman movie info, there's been information that Nolan has agreed to do a new movie, and will begin writing/production relatively soon. Nothing confirmed yet, as the source for the article where he found the confirmation was an mole in the production team, and we know how reliable those sources are. In any case, it's something in the right direction.

Any images, posters, rumors or anything you see about casting on the new movies are fake. No Riddler, No Catwoman, No return of The Joker, no anything. Nothing has been made yet. No villains have been set yet, and I'm pretty sure the writing/idea making hasn't even been begun yet.

The guy whose site I gave is running down a list of nearly every Batman villain who has made more than one appearance, and many who haven't, and analyzes who would be considered for the movie, whether as a main villain, or even as a cameo in Arkham (he is currently doing heroes as well, he's already ruled out nearly every supporting character who isn't a cop, including the Robins and Batgirl). He notes Nolan's style as being more grounded in realism than the comics, and he doesn't use many gimmicks and uses different ways to make different moods. Many characters would not fit in the movies without changes, which is why the Riddler is such a popular choice; he fits in very well without many changes, but, on the other hand, Nolan said we wasn't using the more popular / well known characters (and we thank him for using characters like The Scarecrow and Ra's who hadn't seen the big screen yet).

I'm looking forward to seeing who they choose, but nobody has been chosen yet.

Drazar
5th Jan 2009, 06:49
For those wanting Joker back on Batman 3 let me ask this question:

Why and for what reason? Oh and "because hes t3h joker!!!" isn't really a good answer, i would love a detailed answer why hes truly that important for the plot. :/

Now i would like Black Mask, Ventriloquest for the movie, but Riddler (Johnny Depp, Hugo Weaving one of these imo) would be a good sport, a internet terrorist leaving clues where he will blow the **** out and whatnot. =D Bane would bring some raw muscle to the movies but tbh psychological villains have their own charm. Another villain that could be possible is always Talia al'ghul because who wants Batman 3 to be a sausage fest with no female cast at all?

Batmanhill6157
5th Jan 2009, 14:35
do you remember that line in TDK?
"I think we're destined to do this forever...."

Just because Heath did an amazing job doesn't mean he should be seen as the only Joker, I bet a few years ago you people were going on that Jack was the only Joker.

If Heath hadn't passed away and they were planning on using Joker in the next film, then yes he should be recast

Drazar
5th Jan 2009, 15:20
do you remember that line in TDK?
"I think we're destined to do this forever...."

That doesn't mean hes required in next Batman film, its not like Joker is in every single batman comic. >_>

imbatman08
5th Jan 2009, 23:35
did no1 see it in the paper ??

that eddie murphy was to play the riddler in the next batman film...

i didnt say when it was out or if it was true but thats what it said

Drazar
6th Jan 2009, 02:07
did no1 see it in the paper ??

that eddie murphy was to play the riddler in the next batman film...

i didnt say when it was out or if it was true but thats what it said

Shia Lebeouf as Robin, Eddie Murphy as Riddler and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman are all false rumors so nothing to worry. Its _way_ too early to discuss whos gonna play who but yeah.

HystericFreak
6th Jan 2009, 07:40
I would hate them to make a 3rd movie just for the sake of it. TDK is a tough act to follow, and generally the third movie of a series is a flop and just an attempt to make more moolah. I can understand Nolan only wanting to make another if the plot is worth it; TDK was a lovely high note and following it up with an obvious attempt to recreate that golden egg is generally the recipe for disaster.

If they do make another, then I want something I haven't seen before; as much as I love my puddin' there would have to be a really, reeeeally good reason for his involvement. Sadly that means Harley wouldn't really work, as she pretty much requires the Joker's presence (or Ivy, but how Nolan would work her in I don't know... drug Queen? =P ) Either way, something different would keep it interesting.

shadowmatt18
8th Jan 2009, 02:57
Has Any One Read Knightfall Broken Bat, Knightfall Who Rules The Night, Knightsend..

They Are The Best Batman Books Ever Made !!!!

I Think It Would Be A Great Film They Should Defo Think Of Doing This For Batman 3

( People Who Have Not Read The Books, Its Where Bane Breaks Every1 Out Of Arkham Then Batman Has To Take Them Down 1 By 1 Then When He Has All Of Them Beat And He Is Weak Bane Breaks His Back So He Passes The Mantel Onto Jean Paul Valley Who Beats Bane Then Goes Mad And Thinks He's The Real Batman So Bruce Has To Win Back The Cape )

don't get me wrong i love jean pauls batman armour but there will never be a french sounding batman as long as their is a god.

CodeBlack
10th Jan 2009, 23:28
According to here (http://nextbatmanbadguy.blogspot.com/2008/07/villain-list.html), Nolan's currently brainstorming for an idea for the next movie, but he apparently will decide not to if he can't think of a good enough idea.

shadowmatt18
20th Jan 2009, 22:54
is there going to be more batman movies too come out and i heard that johnny deep is going to be playing the riddler and who will be taking the role of the joker now that the late great Heath Ledger is gone???

theyre done using the joker in Nolans universe (unless it's a short view of him in his cell played by someone else). no we aren't going to see joker until the next reboot way in the future because nolan and others say it would be a disgrace to ledgers performance.

WhatsHisFace
21st Jan 2009, 18:58
Is that Andy **** as the Riddler?

Zsasz
21st Jan 2009, 21:49
Is that Andy **** as the Riddler?

If you mean in the posters a few posts upwards, it was David Tennant, but if you mean generally, I'd say that a Riddler who sounds like Andy **** would be pissing all over the franchise.