PDA

View Full Version : Listen up Agents...

Unstoppable
8th Dec 2008, 10:20
Incoming transmission from a secret location in the southeast.......
5:13AM//512bit encryption//decrypting//..................................................
........................................................................................................
........................................................................................................
............................................done! Final check//..................................
.............................................verified! Message is authentic!..done!

To: Agents of Deus Ex

As you know the holiday season is finally here and a bitter sweet one it is indeed. A perfect time to unleash our secret weapon upon the unsuspecting gaming masses. A weapon that will change the world. A conspiracy worth it's weight in gold. Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition and Deus Ex: The Conspiracy for PS 2 is your target.

Your objective is to recruit people and get them to try either target.

I've been recruiting people about Deus Ex and whether of not they have heard of or played it. So far about 3 out of 15 people I've talked with have played it or heard of it. That's not good enough and I've since recruited at least 2-3 more to try it out. The game is free via gametap.com all you require is a free account and no credit card. It is ad supported out of game before you launch it.

Therefore it is time for us the fans to start recruiting for a larger fanbase. Just talk to gamers you know about the game and if they're your friends you can get them the game for the holidays. On Gamestop they have it for 3.99 for the PS 2 which is awesome. :thumb: (No I don't work for Gamestop)

I'm sure you can find it somewhere whether Ebay or an online store for either PC or PS 2. (But PC is free now or if you want to make it a gift you can buy it)

The intel you have been given is solid. I will be monitoring the situation from HQ and reporting to JC on this matter. Tracer Tong is also in a remote location to provide technical assistance. Paul is on the field actively recruiting possible candidates for the job.

If you choose to accept this mission then report for duty on this thread. How you approach the objective is up to you. If you feel the need then report back after your attempts for a full debriefing.

Agents dismissed, go get em boys and girls!

Agent Unstop signing out.

end of message..........transmission terminated//.

IH-Denton
8th Dec 2008, 10:43
On gametap.com there is just demo-version of Deus Ex for free download.
But anyway, I can say that we have at least one gamer per week, who plays Deus Ex for the first time and who reports about that to our forums in russian community (planetdeusex.ru). And they are all admire the game. And they say: "I've never played game like this before, this is not for get fun or shoot-them-all process - this is for feeling specific deep atmosphere of the game"

DXeXodus
8th Dec 2008, 11:07
Good Work agent. Here is your op bonus for a job well done :thumb:

2000 credits. (To use as you wish)

Jerion
8th Dec 2008, 14:33
2000! :eek:

You promised me 1000. :(

spm1138
8th Dec 2008, 16:30
One of my friends never finished it because he got motion (sim) sickness with it.

Does anyone know the console commands for FOV, camera bob (does DX even have camera bob? Can't remember) and so on?

Apart from that guy everyone I know played it.

Jerion
8th Dec 2008, 16:33
You can turn off player bob in the settings. :)

spm1138
8th Dec 2008, 17:42
Cheers. I'll pass that along.

I'm certain you can mess with the FOV so I'll dig that info up.

I'll make him complete this game, at gun point if need be :whistle:

Cugros
8th Dec 2008, 18:12
I tried to make one friend of mine to play it, but he was feeling kinda simple and failed to pass the first level of training (no kidding). He could not figure out how to use the keyring to open the door. He didn't listen to the instructions, and I wasn't there either to help him. Halo 1/2/3 apparently has no actual doors you have to open, so he got frustrated since some real life skills such as door-opening and keyring-using were required to play DX. It seems Halo makes people dumber.

Since opening doors was too hard, I decided that he propably wouldn't enjoy DX anyway. He apparently thinks of games as a way to relax, not as a form of art. He didn't like Fallout3, since it would have required thought and involvement. And he kept whining about the graphics in DX, because they ""weren't as nice as Halo". He likes Halo too much (otherwise he's great). And I like DX too much. But DX is better than Halo.

Jerion
8th Dec 2008, 18:15
^^ No kidding. Halo is a fun rail shooter, but that's all it is. There is very little involved other than point, shoot, dodge, and reload.

Although if he whines about the graphics in DX, he should compare it to Halo 1. The graphics in Halo 1 are actually pretty close to DX; It just had a shinier, more sci-fi look to it. Plus DX had a lot more dull surfaces, whereas Halo was all about shininess.

Unstoppable
8th Dec 2008, 18:18
I also forgot to mention Invisible War after all it's not like it's a horrible game. I'll be picking it up for a friend. This could also be applied to the Thief series and Thief: Deadly Shadows Agents. Go get em!

K^2
8th Dec 2008, 18:28
I need to pick up Deadly Shadows. I played the demo back in the day. Even wrote some texture mod tools in the early days. But never got the game for some reason. Maybe my system wasn't quite up to specs. Can't remember now. Will try to hunt it down some time.

Necros
8th Dec 2008, 18:45
When you do don't forget to install the texture pack for Thief 3, it's gonna look a lot sharper. :)

And I also recommend checking out old magazines if you see them somewhere in a pile at a store. I've got extra copies of these games because they were bundled with magazines. This way I've got the Game Of The Year edition of DX too, not just the original. :D

Mindmute
8th Dec 2008, 18:45
I. He could not figure out how to use the keyring to open the door. He didn't listen to the instructions, and I wasn't there either to help him. Halo 1/2/3 apparently has no actual doors you have to open, so he got frustrated since some real life skills such as door-opening and keyring-using were required to play DX.

Please don't say things like that, they might decide that doors are detrimental to gameplay and remove them to appeal to a more casual audience!

Guess who I was impersonating there :D

As for bringing new players to DX, I've been doing that for nearly 6ish years now, as far as I can remember. Most enjoyed it, the others found themselves fed to Karkians...

GmanPro
8th Dec 2008, 21:16
Lol I've been trying to get my brother to play Thief 2 for months. He's a huge DX fan and was the one who told me to play DX in the first place. But for whatever reason he doesn't seem interested in Thief 2, even though I've told him its one of the best games ever made. :thumb:

Mezmerizer
9th Dec 2008, 09:06
I gave Dx1 to a friend of mine to play, but he gave it back cause he plays only wow ...

Unstoppable
9th Dec 2008, 09:12
I gave Dx1 to a friend of mine to play, but he gave it back cause he plays only wow ...

Don't worry about that, there is someone out there who will give it a better try. Not everyone can understand Deus Ex or just give up since most games now hand you the win on the silver platter.

Digitaldruid
9th Dec 2008, 11:33
Incoming transmission from Regional Op Center South Asia ............................
16:00 //512bit encryption//decrypting//..................................................
.................................................. .................................................. ....
.................................................. .................................................. ....
............................................done! Final check//..................................
.............................................verif ied! Message is authentic!..done!

to : Dx3 HQ

finally managed to recruit my father. he's been playing it 3 hours straight and hes absolutely in love with it.

end of message..........transmission terminated//.

DXeXodus
9th Dec 2008, 11:41
finally managed to recruit my father. he's been playing it 3 hours straight and hes absolutely in love with it.

Awesome!

Thinking of buying the game for my little brother. Need to bring more people into the world of Deus Ex greatness.

Spyhopping
9th Dec 2008, 11:46
My dad played it when I wasn't with him and he didn't get past the training level. He picked up a pot plant and spent most of it walking around trying to work out how to put it down

J.CDenton
9th Dec 2008, 15:56
Login. FROGNet version 1.25. Europe. France. ............................
16:46
Please type login and password:

Login:Oh-range
Password: Skullgun

Please wait........................................................

Login succeded. Welcome on DXnet-France agent J.CDenton.

Loading Microsoft Midori..........An error occured. Please restart...Wait...It was just a joke, the login is going well ah ah computers have sense of humor..............loading succeded.

Please choose option:

1 - Email/ Message board
2 - Web Browser
3 - Updates for Hardware/Software
4 - PS3 Connexion
5 - Acces to DeusEx 3 Forum
6 - Anna Navarre/Hermann Sextape "Skullgun Fever".

Please choose : 1

Please type message

to : DX3 Message Board, Eidos Montreal

I converted three of my friend one week ago, convincing them to try and test the game. They were expecting to have a game where it was more than just shooting some guy. They were originaly only playing war games like Call of Duty. I said to them "come on guys the game already exist" (in French of course). Now they are hooked to the game and love it. I expect to convert more people here and I'll let you know about that. Report over.

PS:
This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.
UNATCO
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.

End of message.

Logging out..........................Done.

GmanPro
9th Dec 2008, 18:26
I recently got a friend of mine to play Fallout 1 and 2. He had just finished Fallout 3 and said he loved it and that it was awesome. So I was like, "lol, go play Fallout 1 and 2 because they r soo much better."

Maybe he'll get DX3 and love it, then I'll be right there to say, "lol, DX1 is the best thing evar, go play it."

jc_lemon_lime
10th Dec 2008, 05:09
^^ No kidding. Halo is a fun rail shooter, but that's all it is. There is very little involved other than point, shoot, dodge, and reload.

Although if he whines about the graphics in DX, he should compare it to Halo 1. The graphics in Halo 1 are actually pretty close to DX; It just had a shinier, more sci-fi look to it. Plus DX had a lot more dull surfaces, whereas Halo was all about shininess.

^ indeed.

SemiAnonymous
10th Dec 2008, 06:13
Sold my best friend on the game about a year ago, I know for a fact he's played it (although I can't comment on how legally it was...) and I'm letting another friend of mine borrow my disk next week to play over winter break. That 2 for 2, not bad.

APostLife
10th Dec 2008, 06:48
My dad played it when I wasn't with him and he didn't get past the training level. He picked up a pot plant and spent most of it walking around trying to work out how to put it down

HAHAHA LOL!!!:nut:

APostLife
10th Dec 2008, 06:49
I tried to convince my cousin, a female, to aleast be interested in DX1. But failed. All she can remember about the game is how funny it was when you lost your legs from damage?!:eek:

Necros
10th Dec 2008, 12:35
Lol I've been trying to get my brother to play Thief 2 for months. He's a huge DX fan and was the one who told me to play DX in the first place. But for whatever reason he doesn't seem interested in Thief 2, even though I've told him its one of the best games ever made. :thumb:
You should tell him that it's like a Deus Ex game in a medieval setting. With amazing voice acting, and huge maps, and awesome cutscenes. :D

Unstoppable
11th Dec 2008, 04:44
Good news agents, got the game to my friend for the PS 2 for like 3 or 4$. He loves it and just finished the first mission. Mission accomplished. :thumb:

DXeXodus
11th Dec 2008, 11:24
Congratulations! :thumb: Another Deus Ex fan on the way hopefully.....

rg_001100
11th Dec 2008, 20:51
(Not sure if I'm allowed here, but)
I would become a fan of DX, but I can't find the games anywhere in stores. Looks like it would be fun to play though, perhaps DX3 may give me the chance to play some form of DX...

Unstoppable
11th Dec 2008, 20:54
(Not sure if I'm allowed here, but)
I would become a fan of DX, but I can't find the games anywhere in stores. Looks like it would be fun to play though, perhaps DX3 may give me the chance to play some form of DX...

The game is available 100% free at http://www.gametap.com. All you gotta do is create an account and no CC is required. :thumb:

Make sure you use software sound not hardware as it might prevent the cutscenes from being buggy.

rg_001100
11th Dec 2008, 21:01
The game is available 100% free at http://www.gametap.com. All you gotta do is create an account and no CC is required. :thumb:

Make sure you use software sound not hardware as it might prevent the cutscenes from being buggy.

Thanks, I will give this a try. :)

EDIT: Haha, I didn't do so well. I'll give it a better try next week.

MaxxQ1
11th Dec 2008, 22:35
I believe it's also available from Steam for US$10, but don't quote me on that.

Unstoppable
11th Dec 2008, 23:05
I believe it's also available from Steam for US$10, but don't quote me on that.

Right but if it's free legally why pay for it? Only reason would be cuz you can't get the Gametap version to run. There is no strings attached to the Gametap version. You just view an ad before playing the game (30 seconds) that's it.

GmanPro
11th Dec 2008, 23:10
Yay! Another DX fan! Be sure to tell all your friends how epic it is. :thumb:

MaxxQ1
12th Dec 2008, 00:35
Right but if it's free legally why pay for it? Only reason would be cuz you can't get the Gametap version to run. There is no strings attached to the Gametap version. You just view an ad before playing the game (30 seconds) that's it.

I agree. I was simply offering up an alternative, if it would be needed.

gamer0004
12th Dec 2008, 18:35

Gametap doesn't work with mods...