PDA

View Full Version : What do you think the riddler will look like.

alteremagam
8th Dec 2008, 03:25
:lmao: I am very excited with the jokers look.But i really wan't a glimpse of the riddler.I atleast hope he looks classic,But mixed with new school.Kinda like the greeen hat with the question mark.And cool looking attire on.

Shadow Thief
8th Dec 2008, 17:25
Like me... :D

http://rdb4133.fu8.com/matrixco/costume/Rid_Sig_08.jpg

The_Hylden
8th Dec 2008, 20:10
Ha!

I think he'll look like an enigma:p

supafuz
9th Dec 2008, 20:59
I hope he has a little resemblance to the Riddler from the new Joker graphic novel. i thought he looked pretty cool

RockWitU
9th Dec 2008, 23:02
As long as he looks real and scary (little bit crazy too) its ok with me

AlfredIsCool
9th Dec 2008, 23:39
As long as he looks something like the Batman: TAS Joker I will be happy.

RabidEasterBunny
12th Dec 2008, 21:56
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Palms/1129/riddler.jpg

God, if you have any mercy, don't be THIS Riddler.

Vigilance
13th Dec 2008, 00:34
Jim Carey actually did very well as the Riddler.

As long as he looks something like the Batman: TAS Joker I will be happy.

Why would the Riddler look like the Joker...?

The_Hylden
13th Dec 2008, 00:47
Haha, please no green tights with crotch-enhancements and pink hair:p

And Carey did alright, if you like your Riddler to be campy and over-the-top...:rolleyes:

Gitsie
14th Dec 2008, 01:31
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Palms/1129/riddler.jpg

God, if you have any mercy, don't be THIS Riddler.
Ew Jim Cary in tights... :nut:

Shadowstorm
17th Dec 2008, 21:05
oh i dont think he'll have all that tight ?s on his person in the asylum.
But the asylum guys must have a special dress code for him.
I think he'll have a BIG ? sticking out of his freakin head.
That's all.
Simple.
That's the ridlle how could he have a BIG ? sticking out of his head?:lmao:

RonnyGreen
17th Dec 2008, 21:09
The Riddler will have been kidnapped. He probably knows something that The Joker wants to get out of him.
I mean, someone left those boody question marks, right?
And The Riddler is not that distubed. So we may have to rescue him in my opinion.

ICK14
17th Dec 2008, 23:26
The Riddler will have been kidnapped. He probably knows something that The Joker wants to get out of him.
And The Riddler is not that distubed. So we may have to rescue him in my opinion.

That would be a cool twist in the story!

I think Riddler should look like he did in the animated series. With the hat, question mark tie, and the green suit. I think thats a good look for him.

RabidEasterBunny
19th Dec 2008, 16:40
[QUOTE=Vigilance;913684]Jim Carey actually did very well as the Riddler.
QUOTE]

I'm not daying he didn't do a good job, i'm just not one for tights with question marks on them.:p

Kraken890
20th Dec 2008, 09:46
I hope he has a little resemblance to the Riddler from the new Joker graphic novel. i thought he looked pretty cool

I hope that infamous line get's used:

Riddler: Where's the only place you can truly hide?
Joker: INsanity!

The_Hylden
20th Dec 2008, 13:45
Carey was fine, if you just like him playing one of his eccentric comedic performances. It was camp, in the same vein as the old 60's TV show Riddler. That is, however, NOT how the Riddler is in the comics. You want to see how he should have been portrayed, watch Batman: The Animated Series' Riddler. Calm, cool, calculating gamester. That's what The Riddler actually is. Just like Mr. Frieze and Two Face aren't eccentric, bloviating buffoons, as they are also portrayed in the Schumacher films, so too is Carey's Riddler nothing like the comics' versions.

w2509
22nd Dec 2008, 06:41
From looking at this DC comic art ..
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/924/924001/the-riddler_dc-comics_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

And then at this figure ..
http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/images/2008/September/9/B2046.jpg

I would say if the game went along the lines of the comic , then the artwork piece and the figure would be what you should see in the game.

The Comedian
22nd Dec 2008, 10:08
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2008/255/952337_20080912_screen016.jpg

Judging from this picture he will look absolutely psychotic.

crazy666p
22nd Dec 2008, 17:36
I just hope he looks classic, hat with the question mark and a green suit :D .
Beqouse we don't won't another Jim Carrey Riddler now do we.

The_Hylden
22nd Dec 2008, 21:24
No.

Someone tie up Joe Schumacher and Carey, just in case:p Don't want them anywhere near this project.;)

Kraken890
23rd Dec 2008, 07:17
No.

Someone tie up Joe Schumacher and Carey, just in case:p Don't want them anywhere near this project.;)

Schumacher's actually an inmate I heard, and he just sit's in a corner scribbling ridiculous scripts on his walls with neon gelpens and hot pink lipstick.

thereisnoeleven
7th Jan 2009, 01:09
Whenever you want to know what such and such a character will look like, keep in mind that the designs are by Jim Lee's studio...

Just look up how he drew them in the books and it will pretty much be the same thing. It has so far...particularly with Croc and Joker.

Kraken890
7th Jan 2009, 01:24
Whenever you want to know what such and such a character will look like, keep in mind that the designs are by Jim Lee's studio...

Just look up how he drew them in the books and it will pretty much be the same thing. It has so far...particularly with Croc and Joker.

yes but look at Batman, Jim Lee likes to make the ears short and sharp, his costume rather simple and his eyes large, white and triangular.
I won't deny that Jim Lee's artwork is an influence in the character designs but surely he's not the only artist they're taking reference from.

thereisnoeleven
7th Jan 2009, 02:49
It's being designed by him or his own studio (don't remember which one, but it's in the GI preview). Croc is almost identical to Hush, Joker to his All-Star look. Bats may have an Alex Ross head but the body is basically a mesh of the Hush and orginal concept for All-Star, with some shin guards and funny lines on the suit thrown in. It's definitely coming from Lee's head. He even has the same build.

Lee draws his Batman the way the writer/editors want it. Hush is the current costume of the time, All-Star is the early years costume of Miller's "Dark Knight" universe. The original concept was much different than the final product you see in the comic.

Drazar
7th Jan 2009, 04:25

Yeah but his left-leg was ****ed up, the riddles tattoo on his chest was cool tho. =D

Kai Rei
7th Jan 2009, 10:42
I'm hoping he look's similar to how he did in "The Batman".

shadowmatt18
8th Jan 2009, 02:34
you know the picture of riddlers cell? on the wall that message in a different language, translated to english it says "I suffered like I have now, I hate?" this guy has serious problems if he wrote this in his own blood.

imbatman08
8th Jan 2009, 04:03
i think this would be a CoooooL looking Riddler he looks like he could handle himself insead of been a lil weak leak like he is in the cartoonshttp://data-allocine.blogomaniac.fr/mdata/7/6/1/Z20010212111706970102167/img/1216641409_the_riddler.jpg

Nagisawa Rei
8th Jan 2009, 05:42

From that picture, he'll probably be a bloody mess on the floor somewhere...:eek:

angleslam99
9th Jan 2009, 07:18
From looking at this DC comic art ..
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/object/924/924001/the-riddler_dc-comics_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

And then at this figure ..
http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/images/2008/September/9/B2046.jpg

I would say if the game went along the lines of the comic , then the artwork piece and the figure would be what you should see in the game.

I've always loved the look of the Riddler. I'm really curious to see how he looks like

joker1369
21st Jan 2009, 03:11

I think (only judging by the french on the wall) that this character could be Enfer

DarthArachnis
21st Jan 2009, 04:26

Actually, from an acting perspective (I'm looking to be an acting major) the Riddler IS kind of that disturbed... I can say right now, that Jim Carrey's interpretation was completely off... He was preppy, and all around bad. The riddler, as with the Joker, has to challenge a moral of Batman... but it has to be a different moral.
Whereas Joker challenges Batman's moral to kill or not, the Riddler challenges his choice morals - for lack of a better phrase coming to mind. He makes Batman make the harder choices. He is JUST as willing to kill as Joker, and disturbed enough to have made the bloody ?'s... he has to be... that's what makes him capable of being one of Batman's main-stage villains.

Bolt Phoenix
21st Jan 2009, 19:57
Actually, from an acting perspective (I'm looking to be an acting major) the Riddler IS kind of that disturbed... I can say right now, that Jim Carrey's interpretation was completely off... He was preppy, and all around bad. The riddler, as with the Joker, has to challenge a moral of Batman... but it has to be a different moral.
Whereas Joker challenges Batman's moral to kill or not, the Riddler challenges his choice morals - for lack of a better phrase coming to mind. He makes Batman make the harder choices. He is JUST as willing to kill as Joker, and disturbed enough to have made the bloody ?'s... he has to be... that's what makes him capable of being one of Batman's main-stage villains.

I'm not one hundred percent sure but yes, he does kill. However doesn't he have to use some type of trap to do it? Like... I don't think he can allow himself to simply grab a gun and fire away; I'm pretty sure he has to build traps for the Batman to escape from or die within.

Then again I'm kind of a new fan so I could be wrong. I'm still learning. :3

Basically I believe you're right. xP

Oh and as for the main topic of the thread; hopefully he'll have the green suit, with the hat and blazer, as opposed to the Jim Carry one. Then again he could just be wearing an asylum outfit like everyone else.

DarthArachnis
21st Jan 2009, 20:22
I'm not one hundred percent sure but yes, he does kill. However doesn't he have to use some type of trap to do it? Like... I don't think he can allow himself to simply grab a gun and fire away; I'm pretty sure he has to build traps for the Batman to escape from or die within.

That's the general idea, yes. I normally imagine it as the "moral choice." A situation where he makes Batman decide whether or not to save person A, or save person B, so he has to be demented enough to be willing to kill anybody. Normally both have their advantages and disadvantages, which makes it harder to do...
The best scenario that I could think of for him to use would be "Save the villain (for instance, Poison Ivy [worst Batman villain ever]), or save the civilian." Batman doesn't want to save the villain because he doesn't want an innocent civilian to die... At the same time, however, he doesn't want either to die on his watch, because it would weigh heavy on his conscience. The moral choice...

And in the spirit of not STAYING off track (lol i do that a lot) I hope that he is clad in the green suit with the bowler hat... Classic look for a classic character.

Zsasz
21st Jan 2009, 21:41
Well judging how much blood he has lost I'd say he's going to be pale. Very very pale. But they'll probably give him a normal Aslyum jumpsuit, but then again he could have broken in to where-ever they put the inmate's clothing. I don't know.

pashley
22nd Jan 2009, 01:06
you know the picture of riddlers cell? on the wall that message in a different language, translated to english it says "I suffered like I have now, I hate?" this guy has serious problems if he wrote this in his own blood.

I'm pretty sure it says "I loved, I suffered, now I hate." I could be wrong, my French is a little rusty. But I agree with him having problems if he'd written it in his own blood. Though, I somehow doubt that it's his own.
As for Jim Carey's Riddler portrayal, I thought it was fabulous. True, not like it should have been based on the comics but still a good interpretation. Arkham must have messed with Riddler's mind anyway, so the psychotic touch would be nice. But I'd definitely have a problem if he had the spandex green suit ha.

Darth
25th Jan 2009, 04:12
I'm hoping his appearence will be based off what he looked like in "Hush."