PDA

View Full Version : Your concerns about this game

Stealthguy1986
7th Dec 2008, 09:16
The title pretty much describes what the thread is about and feel free to post ur concerns about this game in this thread.

Stealthguy1986
7th Dec 2008, 09:23
My biggest concern about this game is it's optimization especially for the pc version. Please don't turn the pc version into one of those shobby ports with hefty requirements. The recently released GTA 4 for pc, and the Spider-man games like Web of Shadows are good examples lof azy ports and also shows that how consumers can be exploited and I believe that if they keep on doing this they can face serious problems in the future. So I hope the developers keep this in mind while developing the pc version of the game.

Vigilance
7th Dec 2008, 17:22
My biggest concerns are that the game will be much too mainstream, will be rated T, will not be done properly, will have a lot of mediocre game mechanics and no good ones (stealth and fighting, for example), and will generally rely on the license and the extreme talent they've got lined up working on it and not actually put 110% effort into making a great game.

These concerns are nothing new. Most games are like that now, so that's just why I'm concerned. I'm still not sure if this game will be one of the few gems that comes out each year. Hopefully we'll get some gameplay trailers soon and I can better assess how the game will end up.

JD_Method
7th Dec 2008, 17:42
I've played it. Trust me, it's damn good.

And it will be rated T. Warner wouldn't let them do it any higher I think.

Vigilance
7th Dec 2008, 19:56
That's unfortunate. This one will probably be a rental then.

krycekuva
7th Dec 2008, 20:54
will it be?

1st person shooter like quake?

3rd person horror survivor silent hill like

3rd person adventure like Tomb raider? or

3rd person shooter like uncharted or gears of war?...

i cant think of batman not being a mixture between 3rd prso adventure with horror survivor,...

The_Hylden
7th Dec 2008, 22:18
My concern is that too many people will have too many concerns that prevent them from playing and enjoying a really cool game:rolleyes:

JaRizzz
8th Dec 2008, 00:29
As long as their are no major gliches and the game is fun I will have no concerns.

MaGnUmKiLLa
8th Dec 2008, 21:42
Don't late the rating sway your opinion on this game. As much as I'd like to see a M rated Batman game, this game is looking amazing for a T rated game. If I did have any concerns about this game, it would have to be with length. I'm kind of worried that the game might not be that long. I've played some great games that turned out to be crap because they only lasted for 6 hours and had no replayability. There should always be a reason to go back through the game, even if it's just to unlock extra costumes or maybe different endings. *here's hoping the developers check the boards*

bestdef19
8th Dec 2008, 23:18
dont worry about the rating, the dark knight was PG-13 and it still had great atmosphere and maintained a decent amount of graphic seens. why cant this game do the same with a T rating

Vigilance
9th Dec 2008, 17:08
The difference is the ESRB doesn't rate movies. PG-13 is not the same as T. The age range is the same, but the perspectives seem to be different. Perhaps the fact that a video game is a more direct and personal representation since, well, YOU'RE there playing it. A movie is a more indirect representation since you're just watching it.

That being the case, you're more immersed in the violence and events of a video game, so ratings from the ESRB tend to be quite a bit more strict than ratings on movies. You'll notice that violent and controversial movies don't get nearly as much heat for what they are, but video games get crucified for things that are in every day news, TV shows and modern movies. The Godfather is a classic film. GTA is a hated monster. Best comparison I can think of.

If the Dark Knight was made exactly as it was into a video game, it might not escape with a T rating.

Also take into account that Arkham Asylum is a very sick, violent and twisted place. For a game to properly represent what Arkham Asylum is going to represent. To touch on all of the right scenarios and events, and to fully express the insanity and cruelties of the place, an M rating would be pushed to its limit. So for the game to be rated T, it's already quite obvious that the story elements of this game are going to be shallow and of poor quality.

And again I'll mention this. By keeping the game constrained to a T rating, the developers CLEARLY have a target audience that goes down to the T rating. What that means is even things that have NOTHING to do with the ESRB, are going to be effected. By putting an effort into keeping the game T and opening up more audiences, the game will also be "rated T" at an intellectual level. Difficulty doesn't matter, the challenges and puzzles and basic story elements are going to be at a 13 year old level.

This is a problem.

Gitsie
10th Dec 2008, 19:11
I want the playing mode to be more like Resident Evil 4..
The games got potential. Lets hope its as good as it looks.

DarkBatman
10th Dec 2008, 19:56
i only have 2 concerns, 1 is it having to many glitches and 2 the story being to short. i hope it has a nice long storyline....... :thumb:

Gitsie
11th Dec 2008, 02:07
Same I hate short games. It ruins everything... ****

ltmarcos
11th Dec 2008, 15:05
My concern is that Batman looks a little bit like Clooney, but with Conroy providing the voice it should be alright.

Batman_Sauce024
11th Dec 2008, 21:11
My only concern will definitely have to be if Kevin Conroy isn't playing the voice of Batman.

NeoAtreides
12th Dec 2008, 16:23
The difference is the ESRB doesn't rate movies. PG-13 is not the same as T. The age range is the same, but the perspectives seem to be different. Perhaps the fact that a video game is a more direct and personal representation since, well, YOU'RE there playing it. A movie is a more indirect representation since you're just watching it.

That being the case, you're more immersed in the violence and events of a video game, so ratings from the ESRB tend to be quite a bit more strict than ratings on movies. You'll notice that violent and controversial movies don't get nearly as much heat for what they are, but video games get crucified for things that are in every day news, TV shows and modern movies. The Godfather is a classic film. GTA is a hated monster. Best comparison I can think of.

If the Dark Knight was made exactly as it was into a video game, it might not escape with a T rating.

Also take into account that Arkham Asylum is a very sick, violent and twisted place. For a game to properly represent what Arkham Asylum is going to represent. To touch on all of the right scenarios and events, and to fully express the insanity and cruelties of the place, an M rating would be pushed to its limit. So for the game to be rated T, it's already quite obvious that the story elements of this game are going to be shallow and of poor quality.

And again I'll mention this. By keeping the game constrained to a T rating, the developers CLEARLY have a target audience that goes down to the T rating. What that means is even things that have NOTHING to do with the ESRB, are going to be effected. By putting an effort into keeping the game T and opening up more audiences, the game will also be "rated T" at an intellectual level. Difficulty doesn't matter, the challenges and puzzles and basic story elements are going to be at a 13 year old level.

This is a problem.

I think you overrate the ESRB. Unlike movie ratings, which take context and thematic elements into account, the ESRB simply has a checklist, and the essentials for an M rating- excessive blood, realistic gore, alcohol use, tobacco use, profanity, suggestive situations, thematic material (strongly interpreted as sexually-themed or medically-themed) can easily be excluded from the game. Since the Joker is not going to be impregnating Batman, and is entirely too intelligent to launch profanities at him, I think this thing can get away with a Teen rating and still be everything we want it to be. There will be a lot of kids with nightmares over this game.

eyerecon
12th Dec 2008, 16:36
My biggest concerns are that the game will be much too mainstream, will be rated T, will not be done properly, will have a lot of mediocre game mechanics and no good ones (stealth and fighting, for example), and will generally rely on the license and the extreme talent they've got lined up working on it and not actually put 110% effort into making a great game.

These concerns are nothing new. Most games are like that now, so that's just why I'm concerned. I'm still not sure if this game will be one of the few gems that comes out each year. Hopefully we'll get some gameplay trailers soon and I can better assess how the game will end up.

actually no... they've already created a detailed combat system for hand to hand..... dont u read egm?

Vigilance
12th Dec 2008, 18:30
actually no... and claims of a detailed combat system in some magazine don't mean anything. Claims are just what they are and nothing more. That shouldn't be taken as guaranteeing a good combat system. So, in essence, your post is pointless and my concerns still stand. I don't quite understand how you can honestly think egm saying the game has a detailed combat system means anything at all.

RonnyGreen
15th Dec 2008, 19:13
My major concern is that the enemies will all have costumes that conform to the villain they work for.
Let's say that these guys are in a nut-house. Now, why would people working for The Joker be abe to get all that make-up?
Basically, I want the enemies to reflect the reality of inmates in an insane asylum.
Not muscle-bound thugs who speak in typical gangster accents. No, that would be awful.
But more in line with what we saw in The Dark Knight. People who are seriously disturbed and ramble on to themselves. They don't look menacing but the terror comes from realising that you are alone in an environment full of weirdos.
I really don't want muscle-bound thugs. That's my main concern.

Shadowstorm
17th Dec 2008, 19:49
I truly agree with you Ronny.
My concerns are that the game will not have a strong story.
It will be long.:thumbsup:
All those villains and game too short, i dont think so.
Combat system may be repetetive.
Glitches. Not gfx but in gameplay.
A.I- i dont want beautiful brainless thugs.:scratch:
High specs for pc.:mad2: :mad2:
Nasty controls.:mad2:

vengaza
29th Aug 2009, 22:32
I just wanna know if it's true that you need to have a HD tv to play ARKHAM ASYLUM? I was suppose to buy the the game but the salesclerk told me that i need to have a hd tv to play it because the graphic won't display..Is that true? PLs reply asap i really want tobuy the gameand play it but i don't have HD tv

Clown Prince Of Crime
29th Aug 2009, 22:38
I just wanna know if it's true that you need to have a HD tv to play ARKHAM ASYLUM? I was suppose to buy the the game but the salesclerk told me that i need to have a hd tv to play it because the graphic won't display..Is that true? PLs reply asap i really want tobuy the gameand play it but i don't have HD tv

He lied.

vengaza
30th Aug 2009, 02:21
He lied.
do you know of anyone that was able to play it without hdtv?

Sterlington
30th Aug 2009, 02:23
do you know of anyone that was able to play it without hdtv?

me.

vengaza
30th Aug 2009, 06:46
ok thanx i think the sales clerk did not kno w what he was talking about