PDA

View Full Version : Mexico ramp problems?

wb72078
6th Dec 2008, 03:06
If anybody has problems with the ramp being down in the tunnel of the second part of the level I might be able to help! I had the problem on the PC platform and I was able to correct it. If you cant seem to do this I might be able to give you a save file that will work. I just know how infuriating it is and I want everybody to experience what a truly breathtaking game this is!!! It just gets better after that part!!!!!! :thumb:

Maxx_Fire
6th Dec 2008, 13:53
There is a workaround already for this : EIDOS FAQ's (http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=426&gmid=215)

Flying-Gonzo
6th Dec 2008, 19:56
why don't u use switch to get ramp up?? much easier ;-)

aussie500
7th Dec 2008, 23:41
why don't u use switch to get ramp up?? much easier ;-)

That would be because the switch is on the other side, and Lara does not yet fly when you want her to. There is no way to reach the switch if the first ramp is down.

m3the01
8th Dec 2008, 20:41
So entirely useless work around if u dont have a save point.

Basically i got a $60 game that i will never play again.

Any other suggestions??

GeorgeMaciver
8th Dec 2008, 23:29
I believe Crystal are working on a patch. If you're playing on a PC, savegames are available :)

m3the01
9th Dec 2008, 04:59
No playing on PS3, i have to say very unimpressed. Being in development this very embarrassing, u never want to push away clients.

Indiana Croft
9th Dec 2008, 12:43
Has anyone tried the solutions offered by Eidos?
I still think that the solution is only turning the wheels in the right order (skull - jaguar) :hmm: ...It's what everyone has done and what has worked for all. :)

shuyleen
9th Dec 2008, 13:59
How do I get over this ramp problem?

dont_turn_left_lol
10th Dec 2008, 03:44
You need to begin the whole level again. Unfortunately, you'll need to go back to your last save point (mine is Thailand - f#ck) and do the whole mexico again.

next time you do it, make sure that when you've picked up the jag head, jump back on the bike and go RIGHT after the tunnel, towards the first calendar. DO NOT go left over the spike pit and through the checkpoint. )

m3the01
11th Dec 2008, 00:24
But if your playing on PS3 and never created a save point, what then?

Leak
11th Dec 2008, 12:44
But if your playing on PS3 and never created a save point, what then?
Restart, and take the opportunity to improve on your previous performance? (And saving the game once in a while, of course...)

np: Swod - Exit (Sekunden)

m3the01
12th Dec 2008, 22:01
sorry man i never, ever replay games.

Way to boring...

Is there anyway to load someone elses save point on a ps3?

rewman
14th Dec 2008, 23:29
I have the same problem on the PS3. What compunds it and makes me want to just put the game in the bin is that the Revisit Location game points is greyed out. I am screwed. Waisted my time and money buying it!!!! Next time will make sure that i keep receipts close to hand so i can return the item. This game does not do what it says on the tin. Work. Trades Description act will come in handy on this one.

Nighthawkeye
15th Dec 2008, 13:30
I have the same problem on the PS3. What compunds it and makes me want to just put the game in the bin is that the Revisit Location game points is greyed out. I am screwed. Waisted my time and money buying it!!!! Next time will make sure that i keep receipts close to hand so i can return the item. This game does not do what it says on the tin. Work. Trades Description act will come in handy on this one.

Eidos is aware of this bug and has posted in several places fairly prominently about it, including workarounds for XBox360, PS3, and PC.

See the sticky in this Technical section here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=84065

And see the solutions/ workarounds from Eidos here:

http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=426&gmid=215

The Revisit Locations selection only becomes available after the game has been successfully completed, allowing the player to go back and acquire treasure/relics they may have missed the prior time around, or just replay chapters of the game for the fun of it. In that mode, all of the enemies/monsters you have previously disposed of will still be gone, as will treasure/relics you previously acquired. In short, it is not a substitute for manually saving the game progress at certain points as you play through the game, but for an entirely different purpose.

It may not be the answers you wanted, but I hope that helps.

:D

m3the01
15th Dec 2008, 21:40
Please stop posting anything to do with loading a manual save point, that is an obvious solution. I and many others never created one because of the so called 'excellent' auto save function.

A joke im returning it to the store!

Astara
15th Dec 2008, 22:19
That would be because the switch is on the other side, and Lara does not yet fly when you want her to. There is no way to reach the switch if the first ramp is down.

In the one bridge that isn't already raised -- in each direction -- there is a switch on the left pillar of each side that lara can jump up to and pull down.

It isn'ta game bug....

Astara
15th Dec 2008, 22:28
I'm sorry, but some of the whining here seems childish.

It's a standard requirement/feature of game-play to save one's progress throughout the game. This has been true for every TR that ever came out *except*, maybe, TRA (possibly because it was a 'recreation' of an earlier one, they had all the gotcha's ironed out).

The idea "oh, I'm too above having to play it all again"...sounds horribly spoiled.

I know of no one who has claimed to do any of the TR-Games in 1 try -- it's not possible -- since you can't even start the time trials until you've completed the game once.

If you think you are a 'gamer' and not an 'arcade player', then you know to save your progress. It's only the noobs coming from the 'game-arcade-console' side of things that aren't used to standard PC-game playing. In the 'real' world, you learn to save your progress because programs crash or power wobbles...or anything.

You never proceed without saving that which you don't want to redo -- it's like having a PC and using it for real work and never keeping backups. You really don't even want to admit you were so naive as to believe in 'perfection'... That nothing could ever go wrong.

Grow up. Stuff happens! You go to a backup and restart or you stop playing.
But if you can't hack the game, don't go crying to your retailer that it was too hard. Stick with short console games -- you'll be much happier.

Felis Catus
16th Dec 2008, 10:41
In the 'real' world, you learn to save your progress "Save early, save often!" -- Roger Wilco ;-) (I'm up to Number 102 at the moment, btw. Keeping savegames is not for fun, it's essential! Not keeping savegames is like writing a letter in $wordprocessingprogramme, printing it, closing it without saving, and then discovering you misspelled your address!)

jaywalker2309
16th Dec 2008, 13:41
PC Patch now released which addresses this issue

m3the01
16th Dec 2008, 13:53
Does the patch auto download to the PS3 or something?

jaywalker2309
16th Dec 2008, 13:55
Does the patch auto download to the PS3 or something?

Its a PC patch thats been released today