PDA

View Full Version : The Newest Batman Teaser

BatFan
5th Dec 2008, 20:53
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14273491/batman-arkham-asylum/videos/BAA_Teaser_HD.html

Over at IGN this is the newest teaser, IMO, lookin' good...very good..

chip5541
5th Dec 2008, 21:48
Nice catch

aquarius_varun
6th Dec 2008, 00:59
This is soooooo sick. I have been waiting for a good batman game for years. I will be preordering this for PC immediately as preorders open. Freaking awsome Eidos. Sad that you aren't bringing back Legacy of Kain, but this is a great replacement. :D F*** YEAHHHH!!!!! :D

ICK14
6th Dec 2008, 01:09
Oh.......... My......... GOD!!!!!! This game looks so good! I mean look at those graphics! Killer Croc looked fantastic!!! And Joker! Wow.... Anybody know who that big guy is at about 20 seconds into the vid?

Thanks

The Jedi Guardian
6th Dec 2008, 05:33
I was just going to make a new thread. It is an awesome trailer. If the same creators of the music are from the Batman Begins game I am fine with the music. They should have a theme either from Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, Danny Elfman and Hans Zimmer's batman themes.

I think Batman's "ears" are to big, reminds me of a rabbit. Everything else looks perfect. Joker looks like a guy without a plan. pun from The Dark Knight.:thumb:

NightRain'06
6th Dec 2008, 06:50
It's times like these when the Thud emoticon comes in handy. :D

After viewing trailer = A Hard :thud: PLUS an ecstatic "O MA GAWD !" outcry.

Middle of next year can't come fast enough !! I'm unofficially estimating the release date already. Hehe...

The_Hylden
6th Dec 2008, 09:04
Now that's what I'm talking about! And I'm finally able to talk about it, since my internet finally played the whole thing. If that doesn't make you excited for the game, not much will.

Looks like we'll be seeing the batmobile in car mode after all, sorry to those who want the Tumbler:p At least, from what I could tell as it zipped on by in the excerpt from the (probably) opening cinematic it was the sport car comic version. Batman may have longer "ears" but then he does also in most versions within the comics. Again, you have to note who is doing the art and that this is based on the comics, not the movies.

It looks fantastic. That's about all I can say. Some little things in animation noted that can't be ascertained without the voices in the video here, but that's it. Dark, extremely well-done graphics and lighting, and all of the atmosphere from the games you'd expect. I really hope this is the music in the game too, not just for the trailer. I love Batman bashing the glass at seeing The Joker escaping. Not to mention blowing open the door.

I also wonder who that big guy was, who wasn't Killer Crock. I know that's him at the end, but the guy before him, smaller, but still big, weird tan-darker skin color. Maybe a different version of Clayface? Though probably not. Bane? Without the mask and tubes? Some other nightmare cooked up in Arkham's bowls? I guess we'll have to see.:)

Vigilance
6th Dec 2008, 09:36
Awesome Teaser, but that's all it is, a Teaser. I still want an actual Trailer, and I want to SEE some gameplay.

Since we don't actually have that yet, though, and we do have this teaser, I will comment and say it's got me more excited than I already was.

EDIT: I hope they really work on the Joker. He looks horrible in this game. The shape of his face could be a LITTLE more rounded (though I'd say the basic idea of the shape of his head fits his character quite well, it's just taken a little bit TOO much into the extreme), and his hair looks absolutely horrible. It doesn't look like hair at all. The shape, the model, and the texture of the hair are all horrendous. Not sure if anyone working on the game has noticed that. It's pretty hard to ignore since everything else about the game is pretty stunning.

Stealthguy1986
7th Dec 2008, 09:12
Awesome trailer , I must admit!!! It basically reflects how batman would be in the real world!I hope the gameplay and especially the optimization of the game lives up to our expectations.

imbatman08
7th Dec 2008, 14:01
WOW ! :eek: speach less ! That Looks AMAZING !! 44 Seconds Tho :( Its Just Not Long Enough lol Croc Looks F**king Badass !! Can Not Wait Til This Game.. Even Tho It Will Be Out In June / July Time I JUST CANT WAIT THAT LONG !! :( LOL

alteremagam
8th Dec 2008, 03:30
Yes!The first teaser looks sweet.

vicsage
12th Dec 2008, 19:35
Awesome Teaser, but that's all it is, a Teaser. I still want an actual Trailer, and I want to SEE some gameplay.

Since we don't actually have that yet, though, and we do have this teaser, I will comment and say it's got me more excited than I already was.

EDIT: I hope they really work on the Joker. He looks horrible in this game. The shape of his face could be a LITTLE more rounded (though I'd say the basic idea of the shape of his head fits his character quite well, it's just taken a little bit TOO much into the extreme), and his hair looks absolutely horrible. It doesn't look like hair at all. The shape, the model, and the texture of the hair are all horrendous. Not sure if anyone working on the game has noticed that. It's pretty hard to ignore since everything else about the game is pretty stunning.

Joker looks almost like a ragdoll but I don't mind. Besides, it's nice to see yet another interpretation of the character's appearance.

I saw his face in an Arkham close-up screen cap somewhere and it almost looked like a Nicholson/Ledger composite.

It's fine by me. Just the fact that we get Hamill voicing The Joker again is amazing...

Grommers
12th Dec 2008, 20:00
I was thinking that the guy at the 20 second mark, the big guy was Zsasz. Dunno why, but just got that feeling from him. Could be the "great white shark" or w/e too.

imo.

Kraken890
20th Dec 2008, 10:20
I'm thinking I've got it: Amygdala!http://www.batmanytb.com/bios/villains/a/amygdalabio.php

The Comedian
22nd Dec 2008, 10:30
I love the teaser. especially the shot of Batman standing in front of Arkham. The game reeks of pure awesomeness.

flyswatter390
23rd Dec 2008, 03:47
i kind of hate it when artists depict the killer croc as some HUGE alligator.

The Comedian
23rd Dec 2008, 09:46
i kind of hate it when artists depict the killer croc as some HUGE alligator.

Croc is massive in this game. But in their defense he is about that same size in Batman: Hush.