PDA

View Full Version : Trophies for TRU for PS3????

Crazy
5th Dec 2008, 18:51
Does anyone know if they are going to be introduced in this game? Overall I think the trophies system improves the gaming experience by 50%, not only does it force people to get integrated with the game deeper, but after achieving the trophies it makes you feel better and proves to other players and especially TR fans that you do have skill in that game, it gives the game a competitive edge and a greater appreciation. Could you please release a patch for the PS3 introducing the trophies. Thank you for your understanding.

Mr Croft
5th Dec 2008, 19:06
Yes, they will be adding a patch to add trophies. Besides, all Playstation 3's games must have trophies in 2009 ;)

Crazy
5th Dec 2008, 20:46
Yes, they will be adding a patch to add trophies. Besides, all Playstation 3's games must have trophies in 2009 ;)

that only applies to games that will be introduced to the market in 2009,

Mr Croft
5th Dec 2008, 20:52
that only applies to games that will be introduced to the market in 2009,

No, all games must have trophies in 2009, even the ones that were released in 2008 ;)

Crazy
6th Dec 2008, 00:07
No, all games must have trophies in 2009, even the ones that were released in 2008 ;)

not true, only games introduced in 09 must have a trophy system

"Starting in 2009 all games released must support trophies. " source http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-ps3-discussion/4364-trophies-soon-required.html

Mr Croft
6th Dec 2008, 11:15
not true, only games introduced in 09 must have a trophy system

"Starting in 2009 all games released must support trophies. " source http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/general-ps3-discussion/4364-trophies-soon-required.html

That website is non-official. The Playstation official website says that ALL the games must have Trophies in 2009.

Maxx_Fire
6th Dec 2008, 13:14
Sony Computer Entertainment will be requiring all PlayStation 3 games to incorporate the Trophy award system beginning in 2009.

A rep for Sony Computer Entertainment America told Edge in an e-mail, "Yes, this is correct for titles submitted after January 1. Obviously many teams have already started to incorporate trophies and even include support for older titles."

While a number of PS3 games do support the Trophy system, which awards gamers with a virtual "trophy" for completing certain game objectives, Sony currently does not require companies to support the feature.

source : Edge (http://www.edge-online.com/news/ps3-trophy-support-mandatory-09)

-----------------

Any PlayStation 3 game released after January 2009 will be required to have Trophy support, Sony Computer Entertainment has confirmed with VideoGamer.

"From Jan 09 all games must have trophies," Sony told the site.

Rewarding players with virtual recognition for their in-game achievements a la the Xbox 360's Achievements, the Trophy system made its debut in a July PS3 firmware update.

While certain games include native Trophy support or have been patched for compatibility, especially though published by Sony, many of this year's other holiday titles do not currently support the functionality.

Source: Shacknews.com (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/56019)

I found a ton more which all read the same press release from Sony so I'm afraid your wrong Mr Croft unless you CAN show us all where this official information is being hidden that you are referring to. :rasp: :D

Janglez
8th Dec 2008, 06:52
its not all its only games released in 2009 that is mandatory. i also posted a thread about this i truly think they should patch the game to include trophies & custom music support this would greatly improve replay value and possibly sales. not like it needs help lol 51% of tomb raider underworlds sold in the first week was on Playstation 3 even know they announced 6 hours of extra gameplay via downloadable content on Xbox 360.. i think we deserve trophies atleast

Crazy
8th Dec 2008, 15:13
whats 51% of tomb raider? like the number of copies in stores?

Mr Croft
8th Dec 2008, 16:37
whats 51% of tomb raider? like the number of copies in stores?

No, the number of percentage of people that bought the game (for PS3) ;)
See ? I was right :p
:thumb:

Crazy
9th Dec 2008, 21:39
No, the number of percentage of people that bought the game (for PS3) ;)
See ? I was right :p
:thumb:

how were you right? in what aspect?

Crazy
17th Dec 2008, 19:31
bump.

Mr Croft
17th Dec 2008, 19:54
I wasn't right about this, and no need to bump this thread ;)