PDA

View Full Version : BS:P and BS: M

icecube1137
5th Dec 2008, 05:09
Hello everyone I am new to these forums. As far as me playing BS midway I have been playing the demo for a long time now and its still fun to play. But I rented the game a while back and found the actual game to be a disappointment. Crappy, boring singleplayer and lackluster multiplayer maps ruined what I thought would be an amazing game. I found out the hard way that the map on the demo is really the only fun map to play in the entire game. And even that map is unbalanced. (Japenese side seems to win 80% of the time.)

So to my point:

I have only seen one trailer for this game, and its not convincing at all. Sure the game looks good, but as far as I can tell its only BS midway with ramped up graphics, audio and a cockpit view for planes. They even recycled the voices from midway.

SO is there something I am missing here or am I pretty much right on this.

P.S. They should have switched to the Atlantic for this game, that would have been sweet

Polarshark
5th Dec 2008, 05:12
Hello everyone I am new to these forums. As far as me playing BS midway I have been playing the demo for a long time now and its still fun to play. But I rented the game a while back and found the actual game to be a disappointment. Crappy, boring singleplayer and lackluster multiplayer maps ruined what I thought would be an amazing game. I found out the hard way that the map on the demo is really the only fun map to play in the entire game. And even that map is unbalanced. (Japenese side seems to win 80% of the time.)

So to my point:

I have only seen one trailer for this game, and its not convincing at all. Sure the game looks good, but as far as I can tell its only BS midway with ramped up graphics, audio and a cockpit view for planes. They even recycled the voices from midway.

SO is there something I am missing here or am I pretty much right on this.

P.S. They should have switched to the Atlantic for this game, that would have been sweet

ummmmm no pacific is better ( everyone likes the atlantic because it's always the BISMARK)

way more fun battles

of course it's convincing new units better multiplayer, new skirmish mode

what more do you want? ( map editor that's for sure and mods)

and i really don't care about the audio voices

music was great by the way

i believe that this game is one of the best naval GAMES EVER

it gives you more controllable things ( fortreses,radio towers, troop transports, paratroopers etc.)

xShawnx
5th Dec 2008, 06:11
Hey.. I hope the graphic is better than crysis... now crysis is the greatest graphic game in the world lol.. i hope BAttlestations Pacific has the same as crysis.. by the way.. I like the paratrooper in the trailer lolz

xShawnx
5th Dec 2008, 06:14
Polarsharks.. is pacific means anlantic?

extremeBismarck
5th Dec 2008, 20:34
ummmmm no pacific is better ( everyone likes the atlantic because it's always the BISMARK)

Well, the name of the ship is "BISMARCK".

Hey.. I hope the graphic is better than crysis... now crysis is the greatest graphic game in the world lol.. i hope BAttlestations Pacific has the same as crysis.. by the way.. I like the paratrooper in the trailer lolz
A naval-game, which has got the best graphic? I think that's impossible. We can just hope, that the water will be better, but the preview-screenshots don't look like that.

andy3536
6th Dec 2008, 11:15

way more fun battles

of course it's convincing new units better multiplayer, new skirmish mode

what more do you want? ( map editor that's for sure and mods)

and i really don't care about the audio voices

music was great by the way

i believe that this game is one of the best naval GAMES EVER

it gives you more controllable things ( fortreses,radio towers, troop transports, paratroopers etc.)

What you should have said is we 'think' and we 'hope' it's better.

Early signs sugest it will be better but no one will actually know untill we get to play it.

The massive draw distances means it'll not be a patch on crysis, but the screens and the vids we've seen show they've done a good job.

All we actually need now is a demo :whistle:

Yamamoto666
23rd Dec 2008, 02:56
all i want is a chance to get to know the game, a demo would make my day, but the edios team is not there yet, so let them work and when they have something that they feel we the public will like they will put it online/xboxlive marketplace. Right now, the graphics look really good, the explosions, the water, there was this clip where a Fubuki class DD was in rough waters, rain, lightning, large waves etc, the water looks much more reflective, and "Wavier"
. the ships detail is much better, there are new ways to fight at sea, this is going to be wonderful, there isnt a demo because the designers feel that they need to make it better, it is their choice, not ours when a demo/release date will be out.

US Revenge
23rd Dec 2008, 15:21
i agree the demo for BSM was better than the actual game.
the SP wasnt to to bad, it had its moments..

i think another issue is, at least for the 360 no 1 plays anymore, 3 games at the most at 1 time. and your right the only good map is the demo map.

a map editor even a basic one would do wonders because people seem to make what we want, look at far cry 2, the 360 version has an amazing ma editor and people are like recreating the Eiffel tower, fighitng on the Titanic, or in a flooded city. since this isnt exactly a FPS not many things are needed for a map editor,
u would need
terrain raise/ lower
AI objects wich would be NPC AA guns and other things
Human objects- these would consist of shipyards and all other units humans can control, they have the option of making that unit "gold" or not.

i think it would work, at least be DLC preferably free

anyways im still getting pacific because it i wanna blow a ship in half

David603
23rd Dec 2008, 15:33
Even if a full map editor wasn't availible (due to the time and effort required to build one), having a simple fuction like being able to choose and place units on to an existing map would satisfy me, and would extend the lifespan on the game greatly.

Arrow
23rd Dec 2008, 20:34
I concurr, David. I guess Eidos wants to start over again for some reason.