PDA

View Full Version : Eidos Release An All In One Tomb Raider Collection Set

kiss-bite
4th Dec 2008, 08:37
In the long period ahead of us all until our next TR fix there could be something great to fill in the wait.:) Wouldn't it be so great if a Core TR collection, an all in one set on disc was released, that would be fantastic! It could contain all the gold versions for console players.:D

I would also like to see TRL next-gen & TRA HD released on the PS3 as well as a colection.:D

I created a quick concept of a cover:
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w145/kissbite/TRLTRACOLLLECTIONBOXART.jpg

rg_001100
4th Dec 2008, 08:48
I like the idea of a Core-collection for console players; or re-release of the classic games on the PSN store, but TR:L/TR:A don't need to be remade for the PS3. TR:L next-gen, perhaps, but not TR:A.

Spong
4th Dec 2008, 08:53
A PS3/360/Wii version of the classics (including the Golds) would be a cool idea :thumbsup:

kiss-bite
4th Dec 2008, 09:04
I like the idea of a Core-collection for console players; or re-release of the classic games on the PSN store, but TR:L/TR:A don't need to be remade for the PS3. TR:L next-gen, perhaps, but not TR:A.

TRA wouldn't have to be remade it has already been released on the 360 with slightly higher textures, lighting & in HD. So it would be nice to have the same for PS3, to play TRA in HD.;)

Atlantis3735
4th Dec 2008, 16:59
A PS3/360/Wii version of the classics (including the Golds) would be a cool idea :thumbsup:

Cool idea? It would be insane :D
I would love nothing more!

josh1122
4th Dec 2008, 17:39
oh, poo, i thought Eidos was really going to do this until i read the thread, dangit lol :lol:

lilhanhan
4th Dec 2008, 17:41

Maybe they could allow us to download the classics from Xbox Live Marketplace, PSN and even the Wii's Store (Sorry, I've forgot the name of it...), it'll be easier than making HD versions. :o

rg_001100
4th Dec 2008, 17:48
TRA wouldn't have to be remade it has already been released on the 360 with slightly higher textures, lighting & in HD. So it would be nice to have the same for PS3, to play TRA in HD.;)

"Remade for PS3" = ported from either PC (next-gen) or 360 code.

I'm not sure what sort of work has to go into getting the PSOne classics onto the PSN store, but I think that'd be the quickest, easiest way to get the classics onto a newer console.
Xbox and Wii would require ports from the original versions.

josh1122
4th Dec 2008, 18:24
I'm not sure what sort of work has to go into getting the PSOne classics onto the PSN store, but I think that'd be the quickest, easiest way to get the classics onto a newer console.
Xbox and Wii would require ports from the original versions.

Yeah that would be the quickest way, Hopefully they'll put up TR classics on the PS Store,same with FFVII, so i dont have to keep guarding these games from certain destruction and can have them on my ps3 hard drive

lara778
5th Dec 2008, 09:11
OMG! what a brilliant idea...:thumbsup: :cool:

heller4u
6th Dec 2008, 03:37
I like the cover!

Dusk Knight
6th Dec 2008, 06:35
In the long period ahead of us all until our next TR fix there could be something great to fill in the wait.:) Wouldn't it be so great if a Core TR collection, an all in one set on disc was released, that would be fantastic! It could contain all the gold versions for console players.:D

I would also like to see TRL next-gen & TRA HD released on the PS3 as well as a colection.:D

I created a quick concept of a cover:
[IMG]
I thought that cover was real at first. :o

I'd definitely buy these.
Putting TRA/TRL on PS3 would a smart move for Eidos considering the PS3 sales of TRU...
I think the entire Tomb Raider series (including TRU) would fit on one Blu-ray disc. Not that they would do that. They make more selling them separately.
Actually I just did the math, and the entire Tomb Raider and Legacy of Kain series would fit on one BD with plenty of room to spare.:eek:

<way off topic>Hey, there are new smilies! :thud: </way off topic>

digifan
7th Dec 2008, 02:58
Maybe in ten to fifteen years, give or take a few months. :wave:

For now I am satisfied with what Crystal did with the first Tomb Raider game by giving it a makeover, update look and renaming it as Anniversary. Maybe by the twenty fifth year we will see the entire adventure assemble in a limited edition collector set. :hmm:

Raindrops Melody
7th Dec 2008, 03:26
WOW! The cover is awesome!! What program did you use to make it?:scratch:
I'm impressed. :thumb:

rg_001100
7th Dec 2008, 03:32
I'd definitely buy these.
Putting TRA/TRL on PS3 would a smart move for Eidos considering the PS3 sales of TRU...
I think the entire Tomb Raider series (including TRU) would fit on one Blu-ray disc. Not that they would do that. They make more selling them separately.
Actually I just did the math, and the entire Tomb Raider and Legacy of Kain series would fit on one BD with plenty of room to spare.:eek:

I doubt every PS3 player would be willing to buy a port of a TR game made for other consoles when it was released. There wouldn't be any hype/incentive to buy it, other than to "have it" on the PS3.
And I don't think they would make more money selling it separately; The games would need to be fairly cheap individually to be able to get away with selling a 12 year old game on a next-gen console. Altogether they might be able to get away with full price; (although AoD might not be worth it).
TR and LoK on one disc may not make sense, some people wouldn't want (to pay for) LoK, and others may not want (to pay for) TR.

Dusk Knight
7th Dec 2008, 05:04
I doubt every PS3 player would be willing to buy a port of a TR game made for other consoles when it was released. There wouldn't be any hype/incentive to buy it, other than to "have it" on the PS3.
And I don't think they would make more money selling it separately; The games would need to be fairly cheap individually to be able to get away with selling a 12 year old game on a next-gen console. Altogether they might be able to get away with full price; (although AoD might not be worth it).
TR and LoK on one disc may not make sense, some people wouldn't want (to pay for) LoK, and others may not want (to pay for) TR.
Oh I wasn't seriously suggesting they should release all that on one disc. I was just commenting that it's possible. There's no logical reason (marketing wise) to put TR and LoK on the same disc. It would be M-rated and people wouldn't be happy about it being limited to PS3.
TR 1-6+gold would work though ...I think it would all fit on one DVD/Wii disc (dual-layer). Though I suppose digital release is more profitable.

I think a budget PS3 release of TRL and TRA on a single disc would sell. Inexpensive for Eidos/CD to develop too so it would be a budget release. Though I suppose you're thinking that most players who contributed to TRU sales on PS3 already have TRL & A elsewhere and wouldn't re-buy it just for HD/"next"-gen graphics... :hmm:

LegendLost
7th Dec 2008, 05:13
Here we go, my concept of the classic case =]
Seriously, just the first 5 or maybe 6 would work =]

I would buy it in a heart beat. Simply cause my classics are stratched and 1 and 2 dont work on my PS3

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1466/classicscopyjb0.jpg

jayjay119
7th Dec 2008, 23:16

I would SO buy it, I already have TR's 1-5 on PSX (and 4-5 on Dreamcast also) but I have always wanted to be able to play the 'Gold' version of TR1,2 and 3 unfortunatley I have never really been a PC gamer so i missed out but if this edition was released it would be a must bu in my opinion, no matter the cost.....

I'm sure i can hear people at Eidos running around trying to get the material together already lol

@ LegendLost, I love your cover.