PDA

View Full Version : my ideas for pacific: ship arena mode and new angle view

Haunted Angel
3rd Dec 2008, 11:39
For battlestation series, there is vast spaces to explore and improve, warship arena can be a interesting choice which is a chanllenging mode that provide a platform for player to choose to warship to have a dual with al controlled ship, I dont think it will be too time consuming to make this mode but as a result, it can significantly improve the life expectancy of the single player game. FUrther, some of the HOmeworld 2 control can be very handy such as alt+mouse1 which can drag player `s view to any single unit even from enemy `s units or unplayble units, battlestations provide a real battlefield so we must make sure we take advantage with that and can enjoy watching it from every angle, also if we can record the game, it will be fantastic too, imagine watching a ww2 sea battle would be so awlsome. One more thing is that the accuracy need to be improved, nachi will be famous to many players after the ship challenge 2, but the real nachi is the second of myoko class heavy crusier, not Tone class which has 4 main turrets on the front.It will misleading some players somehow. But all in all, battlestation is my favourite ww2 game, and I hope battlestation pacific will be better and battlestation Atlantic can be next of your project.

Arrow
3rd Dec 2008, 16:26
A warship arena? You mean like having a single ship and running a gauntlet of enemy ships? Just play Strike on the Monster (Ship Challenge Mission 1).

Seeing what the enemy sees? That kind of negates the whole point of hiding your fleet in maps like Coral, right? Besides, even if it didn't, you'd totally be able to see where the enemy subs are.

Recording the game is as easy as getting Fraps.

Free-looking camera for non-faction-affiliated players who are out to record the game is the way to go, IMO.

chip5541
3rd Dec 2008, 16:32
Many of those had also been suggested.

SuperE
4th Dec 2008, 03:26
The warship arena sounds like the ace battle in Blazing angels

As for the nachi lets see you take it out with three destroyers when it has ten guns it was frustrating enough without a weak spot it would be immpossible they devs did it the way they did so people could beat it

Haunted Angel
4th Dec 2008, 08:55
The reason why I recommanded ship arena mode is because by having only 2 ships on the field it can simply provide a training ground to test seamanship and also an opportunity to get two ships from same side to have a dual for example, to have fuso fight againest AI controlled yamato. Another reson is without playing multiplayer game, it is impossible to use many of the ships in single player game such as atlanta and Mogami, and it is really unfair to many players who have problems to play online.
Regarding to the mistake of Nachi to have Tone `s shape, I believe it is so simple to have Tone in the ship challenge if there was a concern to let players have a fun of using a ship with all armament on the front, rather than have Nachi there but with a Tone Class crusiers ` shape. I know that Tone or her sister ship Chikuma did not participate in the battle of Java sea, but it is a ship challenge not a compaign.

Arrow
4th Dec 2008, 16:59
I think what you're really looking for is a skirmish/instant action mode, something that the entire BSM community's been asking for since day one.

Waffen
3rd Jan 2009, 23:40
I think what you're really looking for is a skirmish/instant action mode, something that the entire BSM community's been asking for since day one.

Yea i want that 2. Like so i can set up my own victory. So like i could pit BB vs BB or BB Vs. CV or some thin like dat.

It3llig3nc3
4th Jan 2009, 15:28

It will come. Rest assured. ;)

Waffen
4th Jan 2009, 15:46
yea there is a game called pacific storm. Where you can do that. :D

Polarshark
4th Jan 2009, 15:48
it'll be better if they ignore skirmish and everytihng else

and just give us a MAP EDITOR

it can do all that (skirmish, own campaign, new multiplayer maps etc.)

Waffen
4th Jan 2009, 15:56
it'll be better if they ignore skirmish and everytihng else

and just give us a MAP EDITOR

it can do all that (skirmish, own campaign, new multiplayer maps etc.)

good idea!!!!! :D :D

Polarshark
4th Jan 2009, 16:02
good idea!!!!! :D :D

just don't get your hopes up

no one is sure if they're gonna give us a map editor

waffen

but hey

read the articles about BSP

loads of awesome new stuffs

USS_Hoel
4th Jan 2009, 16:18
i really,Really, REALLY,REALLY

REALLY!!

want a map editor :D

It3llig3nc3
4th Jan 2009, 16:28
you really really really really really
really really really really really

WON'T GET IT.
Sorry dude.

Polarshark
4th Jan 2009, 16:46
you really really really really really

WON'T GET IT.
Sorry dude.

if they do release it

then there's no need for DLC

Red October
4th Jan 2009, 17:45
if they do release it

then there's no need for DLC

DOUBLE POST ALERT !!

SHOULD BE MOVED TO "WHILE WE STILL HAVE A VOICE"

Waffen
4th Jan 2009, 19:12
i think there should be a mad editor for 360 or atleast a skirmish for 360 because i want to do some thing wife/like a map edittor. :nut: