PDA

View Full Version : The Future of "Nosgoth"

Axikal
27th Jan 2014, 17:50
On my way home from work an idea struck me. At no point to my recollection (I could be wrong) was it ever stated there will be no story attached to Nosgoth beyond the "this is the Humans vs Vampires war". This does open a possibility for a co-operative+competitive online campaign (see: TitanFall) that leads us into the Multiplayer modes.

This way, essentially, you could take what is currently a sort of off-shoot and somewhat detached LoK title, and weave it into the canon of the series. You can keep the current style of the game by pitting humans versus vampires with each side played by us the players. But each level carries the players to different aspects of the story based on whom wins each fight.

Imagine us taking on the roles of the Sarafan before the events of Soul Reaver, or even being able to play Raziel, Zephon, Rahab, Dumah, AND Turel (let's give him some due damnit!) before they are eventually brought into Kain's fold. There are a ton of opportunities here to not only tie into but concurrently flesh out the missing story between Blood Omen and Soul Reaver.

Furthering this we could add in a third faction: The Hylden. We know of major wars between games as well as tying them into the horrendous "Blood Omen 2". We could not only cover the original humans versus vampire wars, but the subsequent Hylden versus Vampire wars, or even go further back and run through the Ancient versus Hylden wars.

There are so many amazing possibilities for Nosgoth to not only be a singular title, but tie itself into one of the best written series out there, AND revitalize interest in a follow-up to Defiance.

Just some thoughts.

Vampmaster
27th Jan 2014, 17:56
Have you read the blog? There's several pages of story there. :)

Axikal
27th Jan 2014, 18:50
Have you read the blog? There's several pages of story there. :)

Put it in the gaaaaame. XD I'm talking about expanding the game itself into something more than just some sporadic PvP battles here.

Sataine
27th Jan 2014, 20:01
Honestly, where do people get this is some offshoot? It literally takes place in a time in between events of canon story line. A time we know virtually nothing about. Seeing as Square Enix has the rights to publish, this makes Nosgoth canon. But I do want some story tied in and hope to see some cooperative game modes in the future. I think a little voiced narrative before each map providing the story around the location prior to the match starting would be wonderful. Also, when the tutorial arrives, having it explain the backstory and setting of Nosgoth as a whole would be phenomenal.

Vampmaster
28th Jan 2014, 00:54
Put it in the gaaaaame. XD I'm talking about expanding the game itself into something more than just some sporadic PvP battles here.

That's what I've been saying!

SerLondon
28th Jan 2014, 09:47
Game in closed alpha. Developers just cant relise anything in small time limit. Fist targets going to game models, mode, balance and another stuff. Then they did a candy.

Just give them some time to relise.

I played many moba games before like hon, lol, dota, smite, pw. And fist important things for people: balance and ranked games. Without ranks people havent any motivation to play in game. Many games die becouse random seach funny but not at all.

Comfortoble servise, ranked games , balance must be on high lvl, if you want to do a good moba game.

P.S. not looking for free, but if moderators looks this thread. My email iseebadlife@gmail.com. I sent the demand for the closed alpha when site start in. If you can send me a key pls XD.

DeIYIon
28th Jan 2014, 14:38
Game in closed alpha. Developers just cant relise anything in small time limit. Fist targets going to game models, mode, balance and another stuff. Then they did a candy.

Just give them some time to relise.

I played many moba games before like hon, lol, dota, smite, pw. And fist important things for people: balance and ranked games. Without ranks people havent any motivation to play in game. Many games die becouse random seach funny but not at all.

Comfortoble servise, ranked games , balance must be on high lvl, if you want to do a good moba game.

P.S. not looking for free, but if moderators looks this thread. My email iseebadlife@gmail.com. I sent the demand for the closed alpha when site start in. If you can send me a key pls XD.

I completely agree with you here. Balance is one of the most important aspects the developers have to make sure they get right before other things. However I don't think you could classify Nosgoth as a "MOBA" game.

IKathaarI
3rd Feb 2014, 02:11
It would be very interesting to see different 'Eras' of war expanded into this game later on. Let's say, some time after Nosgoth has gone into full release, they develop an expansion that introduces new maps and new classes all focused around The Sarafan and the Vampires they fought. The new classes (5 for each side) would only be able to play against eachother and would be in a way, in their own little world (to avoid balancing issues with the 'main games' roster) When playing the Sarafan Expansion, the story around them and their fight is told via ingame unlocks, small dialogue scenes before/after fights, etc.

There could be more expansions that, like Axikal said, could explore different eras of warfare (Ancients vs. Hylden, Mobius' Crusade, etc)

Also, there could be a game mode available that allows all characters from all expansions to be used (so Ancients, Sarafan era Vampires, Mobius Era Vampires, current Nosgoth vampires VS. Sarafan, Mobius' Minions, Hylden, and Current Humans) However the balancing could be exceptionally difficult. As i'm sure the mould of Ranged vs. Melee would be broken by the Hylden or the Sarafan.