PDA

View Full Version : Boss Fights

Stealthguy1986
1st Dec 2008, 05:04
I think we should also have a thread on Boss fights in this forum. Here you can describe batman's fight against the major bosses but unlike in the gamespot's forum I am adding a constrain i.e. the fights should emphasize Batman's intelligence and thinking skills rather than his martial art skills.

imbatman08
1st Dec 2008, 21:54
they could throw in some stuff from the comics / cartoons.. When Batman would use the enviroment to help him beat up the bad guy like throw a bat-a-rang to nock something over.. but not in every boss level cause then it would get rather boreing

bathead
3rd Dec 2008, 00:18
According to Game Informer, Boss fights will take more than just being able to beat the crap out of the boss, it's gonna take more thought, and posssibly good use of the environment as well.

Stealthguy1986
3rd Dec 2008, 18:27
According to Game Informer, Boss fights will take more than just being able to beat the crap out of the boss, it's gonna take more thought, and posssibly good use of the environment as well.

Can you please post the link??

Gotham_Knight
3rd Dec 2008, 23:48
Hopefully there will be bosses earlier in the game that will let you use individual skills to beat them, but as you progress you will have to fight them or capture them again with all the skills you've learned the second time round because they will be harder.

RabidEasterBunny
12th Dec 2008, 21:30
I think the boss fights will be different, according to who you are fighting.

The Riddler boss fight will be chasing him around a rigged room in Arkham. He'll yell riddles at you on a loudspeaker, and if you get them wrong, he'll do something bad to you like send in henchmen or do something to lower your health.

Vigilance
13th Dec 2008, 00:33
Hopefully there will be bosses earlier in the game that will let you use individual skills to beat them, but as you progress you will have to fight them or capture them again with all the skills you've learned the second time round because they will be harder.

That would be annoying. Just don't introduce the big name bosses until you know what you're doing and have the necessary equipment. For learning the game, littler, unnamed generic bad guys can serve as bosses to get used to things on.

nomanjunior
14th Dec 2008, 21:54
i think it would be cool if your fighting croc and you could use your grappling gun to pull containers on him to damge him.

Shadowstorm
17th Dec 2008, 20:55
Beating up the bosses is and was and will be about intelligence and improvisation of the environment and of course weaknesses of the individuals in batman. Movies and comics and cartoons all go the same way.

flyswatter390
23rd Dec 2008, 03:53
I think we should also have a thread on Boss fights in this forum. Here you can describe batman's fight against the major bosses but unlike in the gamespot's forum I am adding a constrain i.e. the fights should emphasize Batman's intelligence and thinking skills rather than his martial art skills.

That would be cool. But i think there should be an equal amount of both. You dont want it to be a button masher game ... but then again you want to beat the crap outta something at times =]

RonnyGreen
23rd Dec 2008, 06:34
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
The Joker should attack the player at random points, he should taunt the player through the radio system within Arkham and leave you all sorts of depraved messages.
This guy is Batman's deadiest foe and the player should constantly be on their toes for him.

The Mad Hatter is a villain who has the potential to be absolutely shocking, some have claimed that he is a child molestor. Now, whilst I don't agree with this I do think that he is obsessed with children and their innocence.
So, how to portray this without upsetting the censors and getting your game banned?
It's simple enough. I think that the fight against poor old Jervis Tetch shouldn't be much of a fight at all. Let's face it, without his mind control chips he's pretty much useless.
I imagine a scenario in which you find where the sicko's hooled up. It would be a disgusting, filthy room with those creepy childrens dolls strung up from the ceiling and rinky-dink piano music playing from a record player.
I can almost imagine Tetch springing out from some room with his trousers around his ankles.
The point is that you should be able to defeat the guy with just one punch. But before that you should see his lair and be thinking:
God, this guy is screwy.
But of course, not every villain is capable of putting up a good fight.

Kraken890
23rd Dec 2008, 07:05
The Joker should attack the player at random points, he should taunt the player through the radio system within Arkham and leave you all sorts of depraved messages.
This guy is Batman's deadiest foe and the player should constantly be on their toes for him.

The Mad Hatter is a villain who has the potential to be absolutely shocking, some have claimed that he is a child molestor. Now, whilst I don't agree with this I do think that he is obsessed with children and their innocence.
So, how to portray this without upsetting the censors and getting your game banned?
It's simple enough. I think that the fight against poor old Jervis Tetch shouldn't be much of a fight at all. Let's face it, without his mind control chips he's pretty much useless.
I imagine a scenario in which you find where the sicko's hooled up. It would be a disgusting, filthy room with those creepy childrens dolls strung up from the ceiling and rinky-dink piano music playing from a record player.
I can almost imagine Tetch springing out from some room with his trousers around his ankles.
The point is that you should be able to defeat the guy with just one punch. But before that you should see his lair and be thinking:
God, this guy is screwy.

A cool gameplay aspect of Techt would be that he puts chips in SOME of the Arkham Staff, for instance: there's a bunch of nurses running away and one of them in the crowd attacks you, or if one of them is being held hostage and after defeating the inmate the hostage get's up and attacks you and you realise it was just a ploy.

I think the Joker is without a doubt going to taunt Batman throughout the game with the intercom and the plasma screens hanging up.

RonnyGreen
23rd Dec 2008, 07:10
A cool gameplay aspect of Techt would be that he puts chips in SOME of the Arkham Staff, for instance: there's a bunch of nurses running away and one of them in the crowd attacks you, or if one of them is being held hostage and after defeating the inmate the hostage get's up and attacks you and you realise it was just a ploy.

I think that would be terrifying. You wouldn't even know who to save.

Kraken890
23rd Dec 2008, 07:20

God, this guy is screwy.

I think that would be terrifying. You wouldn't even know who to save.

Exactly, so you better keep your guard up and trust no one, especially in Arkaham.

CodeBlack
27th Dec 2008, 05:40
Exactly, so you better keep your guard up and trust no one, especially in Arkaham.

On that note, a Scarecrow Boss Battle would involve being drugged with Fear Gas, and unable to discern friend, if you have any, from enemy, safety from danger, or even be able to make a step without a terrifying visual preventing you from being consumed with paranoia.

AlfredIsCool
9th Jan 2009, 01:10
On that note, a Scarecrow Boss Battle would involve being drugged with Fear Gas, and unable to discern friend, if you have any, from enemy, safety from danger, or even be able to make a step without a terrifying visual preventing you from being consumed with paranoia.

Now the Scarecrow is a boss that I look up to. He should be really scary. :eek:

The New Blueguy
9th Jan 2009, 03:34
I just think it would be cool to have a Shadow of the Colosus-inspired fight with Man-Bat while unintentionally "riding" him through skies over the island. Like you have to find a way to take him down by neutralizing him as he's flying around haywire and trying to fight you off.

And please, please you must do your own spin on the classic Maze of the Minotaur from Batman: TAS with all-new puzzles and traps. It take place all throughout Arkham as it could be that Riddler has set certain traps and clues with riddles all over the Asylum.

Another is that this could be a DLC level with random riddles and traps streamed in via the Internet.

I know you can hear me, Mr. Dini and friends. Give us inmates a dose of the Riddler.

shadowmatt18
9th Jan 2009, 03:59
i think it would be cool if your fighting croc and you could use your grappling gun to pull containers on him to damge him.

i've got a preety good feeling that for crocs fight it will be the first boss in a sewer and you'll use batarangs as your unlocked tool to cut live wire cable from the ceiling into the sewer pool to zap him.

shadowmatt18
9th Jan 2009, 04:04
Now the Scarecrow is a boss that I look up to. He should be really scary. :eek:

now that would be interesting, in Batman Begins we never really fought any "imaginary" things while high on the fear toxin. imagine getting gassed by crain and having to fight your way to him while geeting spooked by things jumping from out of no where, then you fight crain still being affected by fear and then once you beat him you grab an antaidote from him. it's the perfect distraction for batman not to go after the joker directly almost like a sub plot. after all, maybe all the villains are in on jokers little plan *gasp*? lol

imported_Harley_Quinn
11th Jan 2009, 00:54
If Harley is a boss, her battle should be set in a really creepy black and red circus, and she'll send waves of acrobats at you. There could be a bunch of mirrors, with Harley stood in them, and you have to figure out which are reflections and which really are Harley stood there. And each time you pick a reflection instead of Harley, more waves will come.
So, it'd be; attack a refection, waves come down. Attack Harley, her health goes down, bunch of waves, repeat.
...My brain is so weird, why can't I think this quickly when I need it? -.-

CodeBlack
16th Jan 2009, 18:44
If Harley is a boss, her battle should be set in a really creepy black and red circus, and she'll send waves of acrobats at you. There could be a bunch of mirrors, with Harley stood in them, and you have to figure out which are reflections and which really are Harley stood there. And each time you pick a reflection instead of Harley, more waves will come.
So, it'd be; attack a refection, waves come down. Attack Harley, her health goes down, bunch of waves, repeat.
...My brain is so weird, why can't I think this quickly when I need it? -.-

The game is set in, around, and under Arkham Asylum, so I think the best we'll see of a Harley boss fight is during or before a Joker boss fight. Maybe you're right on Joker's tail, and suddenly Harley jumps out and attacks, forcing you to defeat her in order to catch up with Joker, or get a clue as to where he might be hiding.

angleslam99
16th Jan 2009, 22:09
Can you please post the link??

Check my topic with the Game Informer article

RabidEasterBunny
17th Jan 2009, 00:41
Zsasz's boss fight will probaly be a physical one. I can't imagine him commanding hordes of henchmen.

I'm imagining the Scarecrow fight as visually amazing. Everything spinning, halucinations, all while trying to fight Scarecrow.

Two-Face would be an interesting fight. Maybe it will have to do with him randomly flipping coins? I don't know.

angleslam99
17th Jan 2009, 08:39
Zsasz's boss fight will probaly be a physical one. I can't imagine him commanding hordes of henchmen.

I'm imagining the Scarecrow fight as visually amazing. Everything spinning, halucinations, all while trying to fight Scarecrow.

Two-Face would be an interesting fight. Maybe it will have to do with him randomly flipping coins? I don't know.

Freeze's fight would be cool too. Slipping and sliding on ice.

AlfredIsCool
18th Jan 2009, 16:13
Freeze's fight would be cool too. Slipping and sliding on ice.

I would love to fight Mr. Freeze. Who would be his voice actor though? Arnold is back baby! "It's time to kick some ice!"

Zsasz
21st Jan 2009, 22:45

For Two-Face you'd get a portion of his health-down by the numerous methods at your disposal, then he'll retreat into a safe place and flip his coin, if it's scratched side up he'll set off a trap, if it's not he'll come back out. (The traps wouldn't kill you instantly, you'd probably have to jump out of the way or something, or it'd just take your health down.)

The end attack would have to be sending your Bat-a-rang at the coin and knocking it out of mid-air. Without the coin he can't make proper decisions, so he'll probably just break down or something. Then again it depends on which version of Two-Face we're using.

Tapion
28th Jan 2009, 15:46
Ideas

Poison Ivy:
- Abilitys: Growing deadly Plants, Poison Attacks, Plant Clones of herself.

I believe in a Boss Fight against her, getting to her would be really hard.
She can grow Walls in your way, Monster in your way and even if you get her, she is still deadly and you don't know if you got the right one because it could be a clone.

Without fire or weedkiller, the fight might take a deadly turn.

The Mad Hatter:
- Abilitys: Mindcontroll, has he something else?

When Arkham is taken over he might use his Mindcontroll on the defeated Doctors and Guards. In a Bossfight with him he would have a lot of minions and you wouldn't be allowed to hurt them. So getting to him would be a Problem and cause a hit and run. Get to him but get away of his minions.

Harley Quinn:
- Abilitys: High Agility, Immun to poison (thanks to red), totally funny/crazy

I think Harley is not that big deal when it comes to a clean fight even though she can kick asses. But her fighting style is more like playing. She loves to have fun and so she would probably overrun you with a funny car or chase you through a maze full of (silly) traps like getting a cake in your face so you cant see the monitor.

Two-Face:
- Abilitys: He can land some punches, all's possible around him (live or die)

Even though he can land a decent punch Two-Face is more the Gun Type.
But what makes him special is his duality so his fight might involve different steps like he makes a coin flip to decide how to attack you. That way his Fighting Style might change from Shoot you to well i'm not really shure what two face does but trying to kill you or let you live...

The Riddler:
- Abilitys: Genius Riddles, deadly inventions

Face it, he's as weak as he is smart. But that makes him the ultimate proof that it's the brain that matters.
A Fight against him would certainly contain deadly riddles. So getting to him would make a completely great and wonderful level. Full of Fun, Danger and brainwork. - But when the riddles are always the same it wouldn't be that much fun to play the level twice :( , so maybe different ways in this level, like take door 1,2 or 3 will lead to different riddles so you can play the level again and again - a hand to hand fight would probably take place on a floor where you cant step on every floor panel. Maybe some panels just fall down with you into a pit full of.. horrible things... like a picture of George Bush.
So every step is a riddle and to fight while taking a riddle of live and death could get really nasty

Killer Croc:
- Abilitys: One of the strongest villain. hard to take down.

Well i can't imagine anything else but a true hand to hand fight.
the problem there would be, you won't get him down just by your hands.
But a gloomy wet place, you can't see much, you know your weaker and that he is somewhere near by. gosh that would be pure adrenalin.

Scare Crow:
- Abilitys: Scary, intelligent

Well i'm not sure... it's hard with him because he's not a villain who enjoys killing. His profession is make his enemys be afraid of him, cower before him, wet their pants. I think he enjoys it, so it must be a really horrible level.

Well i feel that my ideas are getting more uncreative villain by villain :scratch: but that's the good part. I don't have to be creative i can just wait and see what we will get :)

CodeBlack
28th Jan 2009, 18:25
A good idea for a Riddler level would be a forced trek through the catacombs of Arkham, which Riddler has rigged to be a deadly maze. If you survive, you must find him.

HystericFreak
28th Jan 2009, 21:32
Harley Quinn:
- Abilitys: High Agility, Immun to poison (thanks to red), totally funny/crazy

I think Harley is not that big deal when it comes to a clean fight even though she can kick asses. But her fighting style is more like playing. She loves to have fun and so she would probably overrun you with a funny car or chase you through a maze full of (silly) traps like getting a cake in your face so you cant see the monitor.

Ahahaha! Oh I really hope she uses a pie. That's her MO!

... Maybe some panels just fall down with you into a pit full of.. horrible things... like a picture of George Bush.

*giggles inanely* Noooo not the George Bush pit!

But seriously folks, I hope that the boss fights require a lot of tactics, I dislike boss fights where you have to repeat the same dance over and over again, mashing buttons and praying to whatever floaty being is up there that you're doing the right thing.

aceoknaves
31st Jan 2009, 04:52
Here are some ideas for bosses that I have:

Scarecrow: You fight him in an old abandoned part of the asylum. He gases you with fear toxin and you have to fight your way through the illusions, find him, and defeat him before its too late.

Ventriloquist and Scarface: You guys have all seen the BTAS episode "Read My Lips" right? Remember the end, where Scarface has Batman strung up over a massive pit of dummies with spiked hands? I think that would make a great boss battle, where you have to escape before he shoots you down. After that, you have to fight him from a distance.

Maxie Zeus: Remember his incarnation in the graphic novel Arkham Asylum, where he is strapped to all of those electrical wires in the electroshock therapy room? I think there could be a boss fight like that, where he attacks you with electric blasts and you have to cut off all of the electricity to him.

The Penguin: I'm thinking of a boss fight in vain of the climax in the BTAS episode "Birds of a Feather”. You fight him in the asylum auditorium/theater and he would be on a big fake dragon that breathes fire and you have to knock him off. On the way, he also sends flocks of tiny little birds to attack and distract you. Maybe you can get rid of them before hand by using the asylum’s sprinkler system. After knocking him down, you would fight him hand to umbrella. This sequence could be all set to Ride of the Valkeries.

The Riddler: You should navigate a giant Jigsaw deathtrap like maze. During your journey in the maze, he will shout riddles over the loudspeakers that can be answered multiple choice. There’s no wrong answer, so what you answer makes different things happen each time. For example, you are trapped in a wall of enclosing spikes when he shouts a riddle. Answering (A) makes the spikes keep coming and you have to stop them in a God Of War like sequence, (B) will make the spikes stop, but you will fall through the floor and enter another part of the maze, (C) the spikes will stop and another path will open to you, and (D) will make the spikes come twice as fast, or something like that. The effects after the answers could be different each time and could affect how the rest of the maze plays in the long run and how you fight Riddler in the end.

Killer Croc: You fight him in a massive underground cavern. Since he is like 15 feet tall, you have to use strategy, the environment, and your gadgets to hurt him. After he gets hurt for a certain amount of time, he knocks you into another part of the cavern, fighting game style.

Bane: I think he should be one of the last bosses of the game. You fight him in your on site bat cave after returning to rest your tired and beaten up bat body. A Knightfall like fight will ensue.

Speaking of which, I would like to see Batman get more beaten up as time in the game goes by...... MGS style, except you can’t fix it. His costume and his cape could get tattered, affecting how much you get hurt and how you will glide, among other things. Maybe he could get tired too, as I believe this all takes place in one night. IGN implied this in one of their new articles and I really hope it is true.

Harley Quinn: She could be the second to last boss of the game. You fight here after finding out where Mr. J is. You have to deal with her martial arts and acrobatics, mostly. You could fight her in what looks to be one giant play area straight out of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

The Joker: Obviously, I think he will be the last boss. I’m hoping The Joker we fight will change his appearance into the mad scientist like outfit from Grant Morrison’s recent run on Batman. Complete with the twin Sweeney Todd like razor blades. You start out and he knocks you unconscious. You wake up in an electric chair and have to escape. After that you chase after him in a large room with bombs going off that you have to out run. Then you fight him close quarters where he uses his knives to slash and beat you up. After that, The Joker runs and takes a group of hostages. One is held by him and the others are scattered around parts of the area. You have to rescue all of the hostages and stop him before its too late.

Tapion
4th Feb 2009, 01:23
Another idea for a Scarecrow Boss Fight would be that he get's you with his fear gas. With these Visions the Level Designers could make a horror level where everything goes.

Maybe something like M.C. Escher

http://www.augensound.de/data/preview/2/escher1.jpg

so you walk down some stairs and at the same time you see another Batman walk along another staircase copying the Moves you make with your Batman and other stuff like that.

FrozenInferno
4th Feb 2009, 03:46
A Poison Ivy Boss would be hard. Fighting through hordes of giant plant monsters. Batman would use his batarangs to cut the plants. Also you will constantly have to be cautious or she would grab you with plant vines and attempt to kiss you with her poison. To cure the poison, you have to use a antidote. But Poison Ivy is not good at combat and will keep sending different plant monsters.

A Bane battle will be sick. I would imagine it would involve strategy and combat. Like you would have to cut a rope, letting a object fall on Bane, or do a quick-time action, involving a cutscene and a set of buttons.

Tapion
4th Feb 2009, 04:22
I guess one would have to get behind him to cut the tubes for the venom.

death stroke
4th Feb 2009, 04:35
an idea is a sub plot where haarly leaves Mr J for poison ivy cause i think they had something like that happen :rolleyes:
come a little girl on girl

death stroke
4th Feb 2009, 04:38
also have the tutorial be the fight with mad hatter
hed plut you in some dream thing and you find a way out and punch him in the face:D :D :D :D :p :thumb:

death stroke
4th Feb 2009, 04:43
dont forget Slade aka Death Stroke
he'd be a cut scene fight like resident evil4
if you mess up three times you are beheaded:mad2: :mad2:

Zsasz
4th Feb 2009, 16:39
Deathstroke, that was a triple post, please edit in future. Plus I doubt that Paul Dini's interpretation of Harley is a lesbian, as she is MADLY in love with the Joker. Thirdly, Deathstroke is more of a Teen Titans villain, and even then what would he be doing in a mental asylum?

death stroke
5th Feb 2009, 01:44
:wave: :wave: :wave:
Deathstroke, that was a triple post, please edit in future. Plus I doubt that Paul Dini's interpretation of Harley is a lesbian, as she is MADLY in love with the Joker. Thirdly, Deathstroke is more of a Teen Titans villain, and even then what would he be doing in a mental asylum?

sorry about that
and i saw that there was a relationship between Harly and Ivy and she might leave joker because he is very abusive and doesn't care about what happens to her:lmao: :lmao: :whistle: :whistle:
also if slade's main target was robin in teen titans then there must be something to deal with batman:scratch: :scratch: :rasp: :rasp: :nut: :nut:

Kai Rei
5th Feb 2009, 19:23

sorry about that
and i saw that there was a relationship between Harly and Ivy and she might leave joker because he is very abusive and doesn't care about what happens to her:lmao: :lmao: :whistle: :whistle:
also if slade's main target was robin in teen titans then there must be something to deal with batman:scratch: :scratch: :rasp: :rasp: :nut: :nut:

And to build on what Mr.Zsasz told you, for f**k's sake stop spamming those g_dd__ned smile's for once. [for good, actually].

death stroke
5th Feb 2009, 20:40
:( sory i'm new to this sort of thing :(

CodeBlack
5th Feb 2009, 20:50
Here's my take on boss fights...

Harley: Maybe even moreso than Joker, Harley uses trick weapons to pack a punch, like her classic Punching-Bag-Gun or an oversized pistol (though that's usually Joker's thing). Plus, she's got gymnastic ability, so a good Harley fight would involve having to pin her down without falling victim to lethal traps or getting hit by her tricks.

Though, really, I hope they play up the Harley-as-a-psychiatrist angle. Having her be surprisingly psychological would be interesting.

Two Face: I don't really see Two Face being a one on one fight, more of a henchmen battle while to face does damage from behind them, probably by shooting at you. He'd have to be a great shot with the gun, which would pack a lot of power.

At the end, it might be cool for Harvey to show his good side and help you (maybe he has you on the ropes and decides your fate with a coin flip), thanks to a flip of the coin, or even have the good side argue and battle with the evil side.

Poison Ivy: She's has to poison you. She just has to. Maybe you'd be captured, and then
she'd poison you with a kiss, and challenge you to get to her (and the antidote), before your health goes all the way down. The path to her would be littered with razor sharp thorns and tangling vines, and the battle against her would have to do with her plants surrounding the area, but hidden; they wouldn't be immediately obvious, you'd really have to watch your step.

Riddler: I think I already posted my maze idea... Basically, you have to track Riddler through the catacombs of the asylum, which would be modified to be a lethal maze with puzzles, traps, and dead ends which either lead to death or some important item for later. The traps would be either sudden death (avoided by following an earlier clue that you'd have to remember, or by keeping a sharp eye out), or deathtraps that require you to outsmart his designs.

Riddler's never been much of a fighter, but I can see him hiding behind henchmen one you catch up to him.

Killer Croc: This one's easy: a straight brawl in the sewers under Arkham. Croc would be immune to regular physical attacks, requiring you do damage him in other ways (electrocuting him with batarangs, damaging objects, which would fall and hit him, etc).

Mad Hatter: Another henchmen fight, with the addition that some of them would be mind controlled people that you have to protect.

His battle would probably be very plot heavy, as a major part of any takeover or Arkham is Mad Hatter taking over the staff.

Firefly: Now this would be a great battle. Maybe in the infrastructure of Arkham, with gas pipes, boilers, and steam everywhere, and Firefly stalking you with his flamethrower and setting the stage on fire. It would probably end with the entire area on fire and falling apart, requiring you to avoid getting burned alive by the stage as well as Firefly, and having to get Firefly (and any other hostages) out of there safely after you win.

HystericFreak
5th Feb 2009, 21:11
us I doubt that Paul Dini's interpretation of Harley is a lesbian, as she is MADLY in love with the Joker.

Just to clarify, Harley and Ivy DO get up to stuff (Dini has confirmed this, and BT likes to draw suggestive images) but they are best friends, and it's more of a pleasure sort of relationship than a girlfriend one. Harley is always thinking of Mistah J, but Ivy's her best friend.

I like your ideas CodeBlack, nicely thought out and they suit the characters very neatly! =D

Stealthguy1986
6th Feb 2009, 19:06
I wish there is a way by which we can turn or trick the bosses to fight each other.

Zsasz
7th Feb 2009, 00:05

sorry about that

Harley, as Hysteric pointed out, is in it for pleasure with PI, nothing else.

Plus it's been confirmed that the Bat Family won't be making an appearance, and I doubt that Slade would infiltrate an Asylum just to get to Robin. Slade has no reason to be in this game apart, and if they did find a reason it'd be weak and still be irrelevant to the plot, so there would be no point.

And I know you're new but all of those smileys aren't required. Edit, use at most three smileys per post, and please use punctuation.

Just_Joker
7th Feb 2009, 05:25
Hopefully, yes, it will be different for each boss fight and not just a beat 'em or die battle... if that were the case it would be boring and this game is going to be anything but that. :)

CodeBlack
9th Feb 2009, 17:13
Harley, as Hysteric pointed out, is in it for pleasure with PI, nothing else.

Plus it's been confirmed that the Bat Family won't be making an appearance, and I doubt that Slade would infiltrate an Asylum just to get to Robin. Slade has no reason to be in this game apart, and if they did find a reason it'd be weak and still be irrelevant to the plot, so there would be no point.

And I know you're new but all of those smileys aren't required. Edit, use at most three smileys per post, and please use punctuation.

Apparently Oracle will be making an appearance, but probably only a speaking one, given that that's what she usually does.

ggratchet
28th Feb 2009, 02:52

Bravo, I don't see how any fight (apart from Bane or Killer Croc) would be fun without the villian resorting to gimmicks. Hopefully they get Crystal Dynamics to do the puzzles for them.

angleslam99
28th Feb 2009, 05:40
There are some great ideas in this topic. Hopefully Eidos does the boss battles well.

The Bat
4th Mar 2009, 17:40
I hope they make one boss fight like one of the levels in "Ultimate Spiderman: against Rhino" Where Batman must climb onto the back of a large villain and keep hitting him or something.

The Sparrow
5th Mar 2009, 03:08
i've got a preety good feeling that for crocs fight it will be the first boss in a sewer and you'll use batarangs as your unlocked tool to cut live wire cable from the ceiling into the sewer pool to zap him.

Sorry dude, but I think croc's is going to be near the end or the end, cause killer croc is ONE MEAN DUDE!!!