PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions (story, features)

jay_p_666
30th Nov 2008, 18:21
I open a thread, so here we can discuss about our suggestions and ideas. I'm really looking forward to this game. The first time I saw the preview pictures, I instantly become in-love with this game. I like the dark and creepy looks of it. Here is some suggestions ...

Story :

It's all about feeling, atmosphere, story telling and music... I think the game should took place at first in an heavy armored convoy that is delivering the joker to arkham asylum. You (the player) are on front of the convoy next to the driver, turning your head back and having some discussion with the joker behind bars. Then something goes wrong, it's like too calm outside when you enter next to the creepy fences of arkham asylum... you see the leaves fall down of the trees, heard the wind and some strange sounds. The joker told you before that they will bring him back to home and save him. As you know, the joker would be very calm in the convoy, but you would heard from him some crazy demoniac laughing. Then you start hearing some cops chatting in the radio and they seems to be on a stress and are very anxious. Then, a clowns ambush pop-ins, they comes everywhere and blow up cops cars. The driver of the convoy have an accident and you crash in a ditch. You woke up, and you don't know what have just happened. Then someone contact you to give you some updates on your primordial mission status... The manhunt have just started, you have to find him. Some prisoneers give you some hints about where they think he could have gone. After you pass in the arkham asylum and fight with some prisoneers, you find the security room, then you see on cameras, that the jokers is delivering some of his friends and dig an hole in the jail cave that leads to the sewers (that would be the second chapter). After the sewers, it would be nice to have : Chapter 3 : a cemetary, dump then ... Chapter 4 : Town

Gameplay :

- A fight system like in prince of persia 2
- Possibility to fly from buildings to buildings, and not up, just down.
- Gagdets like a grapple, etc
- I don't know about driving a car, it could cut the development process, but it would be nice if well made. You know, sometimes when you try to do so many things, you end up having some weird things here and there, like bad car handling, etc.

Music :

Music is very important in a game and add to the atmosphere ...

If i have some more ideas, i will post them here... Thanks !

:)

ICK14
30th Nov 2008, 18:45
Dude, your thinking too small. There is SO much more with this game. They have their own fighting system, and a new stealth type engine called "Predator" or something like that. Where there's a group of prisoners and some have weapons while others don't. So instead of running right at them to fight them as a group, as Batman you can stay in the shadows and pick them off one by one until the last guy there is the prisoner without a weapon and you can take him out. Also, you actually get to be a detective in this game. You get to investigate areas like in CSI to find clues to find out where to go next and stuff. So in this game, you not only have to use your button tapping skills, you also have to use your head and common sense.

LikaLaruku
2nd Dec 2008, 12:12
I like lots of hidden secrets in any game that lets your explore, & nerdy references. Unexpected humerous situations wouldn't hurt my feelings. & cool spooky music that makes you want the soundtrack. The ausio REALLY sets the atmophere for me. & make sure there's a PC version.

But being primarily interested in the aesthetics of anything, it's always the character & layout designs that get me. TellTale had some House of Bad accuracy issues with SBCG4AP that bugged me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sure it's already too late, but I'd love it if the game went off the more current Joker design. Awhile ago, he decided to give himself a makeover & kill all of his henchmen. I think of it as baptizing his new image in their blood. He would have cut off Harley's head if Batman hadn't brought her to her sences.

I'd also prefur his personality be more updated; the imoral sadomasochist who's highly intelligent & faking sanity to avoid the death penalty. & faking it well.

The look since Batman 663:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27775/612439-jokesterlike_joker_super.png
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27775/612426-forked_super.png
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/19614/571374-jk3_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/19614/388858-170700-joker_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/19614/571371-jk4_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/19614/571372-jk1_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27775/628827-batman_663_breakup.png

But in the end, I think I'd be satisfied with just having a voice actor who sounds somewhat like Mark Hamill from the old 90s cartoons. MK vs DC did that.

& then there's the Scarecrow. Most artists give him such an unimpressive design, but two managed to do something awesome for his mask. http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/likalaruku/jonathan-crane/108-26939/

MaGnUmKiLLa
8th Dec 2008, 21:51
Honestly, guys, I don't know if we need to suggest anything. From everything I've heard so far, it really seems like the people involved with this game know exactly what it will take to make a good batman game. Is the game going to take place outside of Arkham as well? I thought the whole thing, except for maybe the opening cinema, was going to happen inside of Arkham's walls. I would say have some features like upgrading your tools or something along those lines but, I'm pretty sure I read that they've already implemented that sort of a system. I don't know what to say to add that these guys haven't already thought of. I wouldn't mind seeing Batman get some help from Robin or Alfred honestly. I know a lot of people freak out at the mention of Robin but, he's an integral part of Batman's storyline. I'm not saying make him a playable character but, let Batman get information from outside sources. He's not as much of a loner as people make him out to be.

Stealthguy1986
9th Dec 2008, 04:57
The current information on the game looks promising but still I would like suggest some important features that I believe will make the gameplay much more interesting.

Gameplay:

Combat: The combat should be such that it offers a challenge to our critical as well as creative thinking skills. Also there should be multiple ways of defeating an enemy . It should be such that every time we replay the game we should be able to come up with new ways of defeating the enemy.

Stealth: I believe that this game should use cover stealth(ie. hiding behind cover) instead of hiding in the shadows or 'l&s' stealth.By doing this, not only will it make the gameplay challenging but it will also do some justice to the 'realistic' aspect of the game.

Alternative solutions to every situation: Whether it is a puzzle or fighting a common thug, I think that this game should offer alternative solution to each and every problem.

Camera choice: I think that this game would be better off with a third person camera than a first person prespective. However a choice between playing between a third or first person prespective will be great.

Movement: I think that this game should feature Assassin's creed parkour like movements. Also including some of Sam fisher's moves(like shyimming, climbing pipe,etc) will be great.

Optimization: This is extremly crucial. If the game is poorly optimized especially for the pc version, then no matter how good the gameplay is ,we gamers will not be able to appreciate it or experience it properly. So the developers can take their time to optimize the game but please don't release a lazy or shobby port of the game.

galiono
11th Dec 2008, 14:05
u guys do realize that this games a bout done so suggestions are completely useless?

NeoAtreides
11th Dec 2008, 21:46
You're right, this game is almost done. The story must have been finalized over a year ago, and scripting was probably finished at least three to six months ago.

As far as gameplay- all of the essential elements are there for a batman game. People need a sense of scope. Driving the Batmobile? Yeah. Sure.

There's a part where you get captured by the joker and he gives you drugs (because every villain in Batman uses drugs according to the movies), and in the drug induced state you drive the batmobile at DAYTONA! If you lose, you die. -Idiots

A list of "everything I ever liked from every top ten game on every system for the last three years" is not helpful, and is what most of you guys have posted.

They have prepared this game to be deeply immersive and thematic, which means a healthy dose of reality and extremely plausible fantasy. They are going to limit interruptions from the interface and the jarring stupidity of ridiculous customization that plagues so many modern games. The result will be a smooth flowing, "open within walls" game, similar in many ways environmentally to Bioshock, but with a 3D freedom that includes movement with the ceiling and ceiling details (as befits batman). The design of the stealth system will be integrated with the AI system, meaning that enemies who are in a postion to observe your actions will act accordingly. If your behavior places you in a weak position, they will respond by working together to track you down. If you use stealth to keep yourself hidden, but the characters you pick off are observed, that will increase the terror in those remaining, and lead to them making tactical mistakes. This is the heart of the game, and provided they don't make interface mistakes, this will be the best stealth action title in ages.

Being Batman is just icing on the cake.

galiono
12th Dec 2008, 13:04
You're right, this game is almost done. The story must have been finalized over a year ago, and scripting was probably finished at least three to six months ago.

As far as gameplay- all of the essential elements are there for a batman game. People need a sense of scope. Driving the Batmobile? Yeah. Sure.

There's a part where you get captured by the joker and he gives you drugs (because every villain in Batman uses drugs according to the movies), and in the drug induced state you drive the batmobile at DAYTONA! If you lose, you die. -Idiots

A list of "everything I ever liked from every top ten game on every system for the last three years" is not helpful, and is what most of you guys have posted.

They have prepared this game to be deeply immersive and thematic, which means a healthy dose of reality and extremely plausible fantasy. They are going to limit interruptions from the interface and the jarring stupidity of ridiculous customization that plagues so many modern games. The result will be a smooth flowing, "open within walls" game, similar in many ways environmentally to Bioshock, but with a 3D freedom that includes movement with the ceiling and ceiling details (as befits batman). The design of the stealth system will be integrated with the AI system, meaning that enemies who are in a postion to observe your actions will act accordingly. If your behavior places you in a weak position, they will respond by working together to track you down. If you use stealth to keep yourself hidden, but the characters you pick off are observed, that will increase the terror in those remaining, and lead to them making tactical mistakes. This is the heart of the game, and provided they don't make interface mistakes, this will be the best stealth action title in ages.

FINALLY! another intelligent person on a forum, this is quite the surprise.lol. so yea, what he said is a very dragged out version of what i was saying lol.

dx_x
23rd Dec 2008, 13:06
all i want is a bonus coop feature (using allies such as nightwing, robin) but they DO NOT include them in the storyline, see them as side line guys, they never interact verbally nor are they mentioned by any character, but they can interact with the environment and fight enemies. If this game has coop in this way then ill be happy. Because i know many hard core batman fans want the realism and having robin is not realistic as u cant hav little kids fighting crime, also i kno they want this game to be in a dark setting and having nightwing and robin will jus destroy that if they were included in the storyline. So take them out of the storyline but let them be playable characters if ppl want to play multiplayer campaign.

Wigglez
24th Dec 2008, 04:42
I'm going to make a few suggestions like three. Even though the game might be almost done. This game coming out I know is gonna be better than the Batman Begins game. But make it a little like that game where you still fill the enemies with fear. That was my most favorite part of that game. And from seeing the screen shots, we all know that you bring The Joker into Arkham. But the first level should be where you have to catch him and then bring him into Arkham. That's most likely gonna happen anyway from experiences from other video games. OH! And also have the interrogation mechanic like in The Punisher game. From recent screen shots I saw, It looks like you'll have that anyway, but incase you didn't, put it in anyway because because that'll be another way The Batman can empty a villains bowels. =D

Wigglez
24th Dec 2008, 04:51

OMG! This is just great. You gotta write for like IGN or X-Play or something. Dude, I will vouch for you too.