PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Batman game?

ICK14
30th Nov 2008, 07:49
This game looks amazing and is probably gonna beat all the other ones. But just curious, what's everyone's favorite Batman game? Mine was Vengeance. It was really good in several different ways. There were different ways you could take out a henchmen, the puzzles were surprisingly challenging, the boss battles were great, and it had a very good story. So reply back and give your opinion.

TDK
30th Nov 2008, 15:21
hmm I liked the game that was based from batman and robin film ( the one with Arnold ) it was a very gd game i played it at ps1, it was really cool to drive around gotham and choose robin or batgirl or batman to play with, also batman begins game was cool too

ICK14
30th Nov 2008, 18:04
Really? I heard that game sucked. Never played it though. But I heard that it Batman and everyone else were really slow in that game and the bosses were like impossible...

imbatman08
30th Nov 2008, 18:59
batman rise of sin tzu and Batman Vengeance were the best Batman games iv ever played.. but this one looks WAY better and i hope its goin be Good !

RedFalcon16
30th Nov 2008, 21:26
My all-time favorite's are Vengeance or Batman Begins. Begins could have been much better if the game wasn't completely scripted. There was basically no free-will at all in that game.

TDK
30th Nov 2008, 22:36
true but i dont know i really enjoyed playing that game

Really? I heard that game sucked. Never played it though. But I heard that it Batman and everyone else were really slow in that game and the bosses were like impossible...

Kraken890
30th Nov 2008, 23:48
I loved Batman & Robin,(though I was still too young to REALLY play it and explore) but it was as far as I remember Free Roam. You could walk around the batcave, change costumes, train w/3D holographic dummies, look into your gadgets, your car, hell you could even walk around the Mansion even though it was only the large dining room and balcony(but heh, it was just at the birth of PS1). You could drive around Gotham and you could the but of a thug on the side of the road. I remember, going inside a store(I think it was a convient store) and crouching atop a shelf. The only problem was that I got lost easily and the loading time was real long.

imported_Jill_Valentine
1st Dec 2008, 15:46
The only Batman game that has ever been good was Lego Batman. It was fun and being able to punch everything was a win for me.

I thought all other Batman games were pretty crappy.

The_Hylden
1st Dec 2008, 19:36
The original Batman for the NES, based on the 1989 movie, and Batman Returns on the SNES (though I played it on a PC emulator later) based on the sequel. They were both good. Returns was pretty difficult, though. The further you go, the more enemies they just toss at you, but the look was good and the music rocked. Can't say much for any other one. I remember playing one years ago, perhaps the first real 3D Batman game, and it wasn't very good.

NightRain'06
2nd Dec 2008, 08:06
The Adventures of Batman and Robin [ unrelated to Batman and Robin film ] on Sega Genesis was the best for me. Why ? The game in and of itself was fun. It was also a blast Playing in 2-Players !

I think I've also played one before that which could have been Batman Returns also on Genesis. If memory serves me, I believe there was an encounter with Catwoman in an early level. :scratch: I enjoyed it but for some reason the gameplay felt awkward or not organic / smooth.

I wanted to get the two games that was available for PS2 years later after Batman and Robin, but I haven't.

The Adventures of Batman and Robin was an expensive game and I foolishly traded it for good with a classmate after only having it for a little while. :mad2: I think it was about a $50 title such as Eternal Champions fighting game and Super Street Fighter II: Turbo. As you could see, I still regret trading that.

What a trip down memory lane. :)

LikaLaruku
2nd Dec 2008, 12:53
A little Batman nostalgia from the Angry Video Game Nerd.

(Sorry guys and gals.. removed due to excessive language and on a personal note I really really hate that guy.. oh and he is wrong on so many levels including the Lynx and he was missing several batman games.)

ICK14
4th Dec 2008, 04:44
LOVE THOSE VIDEOS!!! LOL! Video Game Nerd is the best!

RockWitU
4th Dec 2008, 13:09
Batman Begins is the best video game for batman till now, but i think this game is going to be much better.

P.S: This game isnt for The Dark Knight Film , right ?

The_Hylden
4th Dec 2008, 22:43
No. It's licensed from, and based on, the comics -- like a stand-alone graphic novel brought to life.

!B a T m A n!
5th Dec 2008, 04:20
ive only played batman begins.. i liked it.. but anygame where you can play batman is good

Vigilance
5th Dec 2008, 22:37
There's not really such thing as a GOOD Batman game. There are a few decent ones and some really bad ones, but no good ones. That's what I'm hoping Arkham will be.

As for the batman games I actually enjoyed. Begins was alright, Batman and Robin on PS1 I didn't really get too into, but it seemed fun from what I did try, and I'd definitely like to try it again now that I would know what I'm doing. And actually, the Batman Forever game on the Sega Genesis was actually pretty decent.

Bob Kane
9th Dec 2008, 10:46
Batman Vengeance and Lego Batman are best video game for Batman till now!:D

Scratimus
9th Dec 2008, 12:16
Gotta Say Batman Begins and Batman for Genesis (Batman and Robin adventures)

Finland-Man
9th Dec 2008, 16:07
Batman Vengeance

Baba O'Riley
10th Dec 2008, 02:03
What did I say about Rick Rolled......

Rick Rolled vids are a no no.

Be good....

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/dunce.gif

zurc136
10th Dec 2008, 03:29
A little Batman nostalgia from the Angry Video Game Nerd.

removed due to language

i am so happy you posted these. i could never pass the first level of batman forever. up and select ?! lol

ANDROID PUNKY
10th Dec 2008, 15:11
mine was batman begins.
now i know it got slagged off but i thought it was great and i loved the stealth elements.
liked vengeance and its oddly named sequel

Vigilance
10th Dec 2008, 17:40
Batman Begins was pretty decent. Even the driving levels weren't too bad (though they could have been a lot better, they weren't at all painful like they are in most games).

DarkBatman
11th Dec 2008, 18:10
Vengence was great but my favorite Batman game was Batman Returns for SNES and the one for Genesis.

Batman_Sauce024
11th Dec 2008, 21:08
My favorite will definitely have to be Batman Vengeance (PS2) and The adventures of Batman and Robin (SNES).

Schiff, Thomas
19th Dec 2008, 03:16
Lego Batman

Kraken890
19th Dec 2008, 06:15
Was Sin Zu good? if so was it better than Vengeance?

ICK14
19th Dec 2008, 21:51
Was Sin Zu good? if so was it better than Vengeance?

It was okay... All it was, was an arcade beat 'em up type game. I didn't think it was anywhere as good as Vengence. But an okay game.

Schiff, Thomas
19th Dec 2008, 22:50
Sin Zu?

ICK14
20th Dec 2008, 07:11
Sin Zu?

He's a villain invented for the game: Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu.

The Comedian
22nd Dec 2008, 10:11
Batman Vengeance. Felt like I was playing the Animated Series.

Wigglez
25th Dec 2008, 01:16
Personally, my favorite Batman game was Batman Begins. The visuals were great and I like the whole mechanic of filling the enemies with fear to get them to drop their guns.

AzBat
5th Jan 2009, 04:00
I think the only I've really played is Batman Begins on Xbox. It was pretty good. I really thought about getting Batman: Dark Tomorrow, but never did. Anybody like that one?

AzBat

Drazar
5th Jan 2009, 04:51
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

It has Batman as playable so it should be counted. :P

ICK14
20th Jan 2009, 02:13
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

It has Batman as playable so it should be counted. :P

So true. LOL! That game was so awesome!!! I'm a huge Mortal Kombat fan, and when I heard about this game I went nuts! This is probably the best game with Batman in it, the only thing that sucked were the crap Fatalities.

Drazar
20th Jan 2009, 13:17
European version didn't have so censored fatalities but what ruins the game is Subzero and Superman's spam moves which haven't been patched to nerfed yet. =\ Theres a DLC content coming and hopefully we might get more cool DC characters, but don't get your hopes up for just Batman characters. ;)

Hemorrhage_In_My_hands
2nd Mar 2009, 12:16
1. I'd have to say Batman Vengeance. it has a combination of puzzles and beatem up stuff. interesting story too. they could have put in more bad guys and had robin and alfred. sin tzu was pretty crappy. hopefully they'll make another game based on the same tv series, cuz it was awesome

2. The adventures of batman and robin on super nintendo. it was really fun and relatively simple. it also stayed true to the tv series

3. others worth mentioning would be batman forever on ps1, the beatem up 2d version was pretty good. and batman 1 on sega and batman returns were also good.

Batman and robin on the ps1 was hopeless and lego batman was a joke. hopefully arkham is gona rock hard

Stealthguy1986
2nd Mar 2009, 18:44
When I was a kid,, I had only one Batman game and that was Batman Vegeanence. Though the game was good and had a lot of potential, but there were certain parts that were really frustating like the car chase scene and these sometimes ruined the over all gameplay experience.

HA HA HA
7th Mar 2009, 23:14
So true. LOL! That game was so awesome!!! I'm a huge Mortal Kombat fan, and when I heard about this game I went nuts! This is probably the best game with Batman in it, the only thing that sucked were the crap Fatalities.Amen!

Termix
8th Mar 2009, 15:43
Best games so far Adventures of Batman and Robin, Batman Returns (SNES),
Batman Forever (SNES).
I liked Forever, but it was definately a bit too confusing for younger players, the Multiplayer with so many different Characters was fun.

ICK14
10th Mar 2009, 03:24
I think the only I've really played is Batman Begins on Xbox. It was pretty good. I really thought about getting Batman: Dark Tomorrow, but never did. Anybody like that one?

AzBat

Dude, I wanted to get that game so bad. But I never found it for the PS2. But then I found out later that it really sucked, so I didn't bother to try to find it again.

EliteF50
19th Jun 2009, 21:36
Batman Begins is the best Batman game.

Ensanguined Walls
19th Jun 2009, 21:40
Batman Begins is the best Batman game.

And it will be dethroned this coming August.

EliteF50
19th Jun 2009, 21:40
And it will be dethroned this coming August.

Doubt it.

Zombie-Gamer
19th Jun 2009, 21:42
Batman: Dark Tomorrow,

ICK14
19th Jun 2009, 21:43
Doubt it.

You don't think Arkham Asylum will be better than Batman Begins?

EliteF50
19th Jun 2009, 21:44
You don't think Arkham Asylum will be better than Batman Begins?

Nothing is better than Batman Begins.

Amputechture
19th Jun 2009, 21:46
HaHa^

The Adventures of Batman and Robin- SNES

Batman-NES

The best!

Check out http://batmaniareviews.blogspot.com/ where I give a summary of Batman for MSX...check out the youtube video I embedded of someone playing it. I've played it myself and may change you mind of best batman game...LOL

Ensanguined Walls
19th Jun 2009, 21:46
Nothing is better than Batman Begins.

Are you serious?

CaptainMcMulla
19th Jun 2009, 21:49
Are you serious?
why so serious?

Black sabbith102
19th Jun 2009, 21:52
There has never really been a good batman game so i don't have a favorite. I remember the one on the Psone back n the day. It was simply horrible. the control's were a nightmare, The game was extremely difficult, Everything was just so sketchy about it. If i remember correctly the slightest bump into a car would make it explode :lol:. The fist mission usually involved batman getting his ass handed to him by one henchmen. Kinda makes you miss the good old days lol. But getting back on topic I guess the best one would have to be batman begins even though that was a failure as well.

Mani-Man
19th Jun 2009, 22:05
Batman returns for the snes was the best batman game(until BAA comes out of course),Batman begins is not a bad game but the way batman walks and the "fighting" gameplay are two points where the game fails.

EliteF50
19th Jun 2009, 22:17
Are you serious?

Do you think I am?