PDA

View Full Version : Game runs too fast!! PC version (No joke)

Lord G
29th Nov 2008, 20:47
The PC version of this runs far too fast for me, like its on fast forward. The framerate seems like it is too high, is there any way to limit it or reduce it? Im not joking, im totally serious.

Game is running at max settings on all options, in 720p on my Sagem 56" HD tv.

Hardware im running on is:
Intel quad extreme 6850 3.3ghz
8gb ddr2
Vista 64
Radeon 4870
X-Fi Titanium

any suggestions?? I want to play it, just need it to run a bit slower!! Thanks.

Kroft
29th Nov 2008, 20:57
Did you activate v-sync? with v-sync on it shouldn't go above 60fps (i think).

Lord G
29th Nov 2008, 21:08
yeah i activated that, always do as it reduces visual tearing. But it just seems faster than it should be, bugging me a bit!!

Kroft
29th Nov 2008, 21:14
A wild guess would be the CPU. I remember in Tabula Rasa some people would be able to run through the maps in a couple of seconds until they had downloaded a dual-core optimizer driver from AMD.

Seeing as you have a quad core on vista ultimate it might be a compatibility issue with TRU. I don't think your setup is the regular system going through game testing.

What you could try to do is to lower the fps by force. In ATI catalyst force 8x AA Edge-detect X24.

Lord G
29th Nov 2008, 21:22
i'll try that, thanks a lot for the quick responses! :thumbsup:

Leak
29th Nov 2008, 21:41
i'll try that, thanks a lot for the quick responses! :thumbsup:
Well, I also have an Intel Quad Core (not an EE, but a Q9450 @ 2.667GHz) and a Radeon 4850 (which is just one notch down from your 4870), but it runs at normal speed for me (with Catalyst 8.10). Then again, I'm using Windows XP SP3, so maybe it's something Vista related.

Also, you won't find a Dual-Core optimizer for Intel CPUs seeing as they didn't have problems with unsynced TSCs between cores to begin with.

What did however cause problems for me was my X-Fi; maybe try deactivating it (and all other audio devices, like the ATI HDMI ones) in device manager. Then again, it made my game lag instead of run too fast, so YMMV...

blahblahperson
30th Nov 2008, 01:41
The PC version of this runs far too fast for me, like its on fast forward. The framerate seems like it is too high, is there any way to limit it or reduce it? Im not joking, im totally serious.

Game is running at max settings on all options, in 720p on my Sagem 56" HD tv.

Hardware im running on is:
Intel quad extreme 6850 3.3ghz
8gb ddr2
Vista 64
Radeon 4870
X-Fi Titanium

my suggestion is you give me your monster of a computer and ill give you my crappy turtle of a computer :rasp: :lol: :lol: :)

to be clear, im joking but i would love to have a computer like yours

Lord G
30th Nov 2008, 15:17
my suggestion is you give me your monster of a computer and ill give you my crappy turtle of a computer :rasp: :lol: :lol: :)

to be clear, im joking but i would love to have a computer like yours

hehe, if i win the lottery i will do that, but the UK lottery seems impossible to win!!

will try Leaks idea of deactivating the x-fi when i get back home tomorrow.

rg_001100
30th Nov 2008, 19:32
I'm not sure, but maybe run with less processor cores? :scratch:

blahblahperson
30th Nov 2008, 19:39
try downloading cheat engine 5.4 and use speedhack to make the game slower, but only set it at 0.80
if you dont know how to use cheat engine PM me :)

here (http://www.cheatengine.org/downloads/CheatEngine54.exe) is the link for download;)

tip
30th Nov 2008, 21:59
change the rate from 60 to 70hz

elliopo
2nd Dec 2008, 14:38
I have pretty much the same spec as u an have no issue, the main difference on our rigs is I have the nVidia 280 gtx not an Ati, an I am not using creative labs. So prob sound or graphics drivers is the issue.

My system is:

Intel Quad Extreme Qx6850 oc'd to 3.3ghz
6gb DDR2 1066mhz
Vista X64
nVidia 280GTX
Razer AC1 Audio

baultista
2nd Dec 2008, 17:00
I have an E8500 + a 1gb 4870 and I haven't had a problem.

Try linking your memory to your FSB if you've unlinked it...

Vampmaster
3rd Dec 2008, 20:32
Try searching the Legacy of Kain forums for CPU grabber. It's a app that can slow other programs down, so maybe it will work on Underworld.

M.a.r.k
3rd Dec 2008, 21:11
Can you do a vid? Would like to see it! :)

Astara
14th Dec 2008, 08:15

Use Process Explorer (www.sysinternals.com) -- start it *after* you have your game running.
then right-click on the process and set the CPU affinity to limit it to 1 or 2 CPU's.