PDA

View Full Version : Crash after Level 4 (Wii)

Vake Xeacons
29th Nov 2008, 02:51
After the final cut-scene in Southern Mexico, the screen goes black and the Wii becomes unresponsive.

This happens everytime. If it is a defective disc, can I get it replaced? What is wrong?

FYI: I'm not at all happy with the lack of effort CD is taking with their Wii ports. Bugs galore. At first, it was just visual problems, like Lara "warping" into place by a switch, or passing through a wall. But towards the end of Level 4, it actually was getting in the way with gameplay. Enough with the crappy PS2 ports. You took the time to put in the half-assed point-&-click puzzles, you can take the time to port over the multi-platforms' edition properly. I was appalled to find features in the 360 & PS3 versions (like shooting in different directions) that were missing from the Wii. It IS easier to develop for, you know. And they sell better.

mizzlaracroft
30th Nov 2008, 13:45
After the final cut-scene in Southern Mexico, the screen goes black and the Wii becomes unresponsive.

This happens everytime. If it is a defective disc, can I get it replaced? What is wrong?

FYI: I'm not at all happy with the lack of effort CD is taking with their Wii ports. Bugs galore. At first, it was just visual problems, like Lara "warping" into place by a switch, or passing through a wall. But towards the end of Level 4, it actually was getting in the way with gameplay. Enough with the crappy PS2 ports. You took the time to put in the half-assed point-&-click puzzles, you can take the time to port over the multi-platforms' edition properly. I was appalled to find features in the 360 & PS3 versions (like shooting in different directions) that were missing from the Wii. It IS easier to develop for, you know. And they sell better.

This happened to me the first time i got to mexico.
I played through the level with out saving, and it froze so i had to switch it off at the plug.
I saved just before the end section (for example going up the ramp that leads right to the top of the room, to the exit)
i did this and it worked =]

it only happened to be once though.