PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts

sycomofo
28th Nov 2008, 20:31
The most annoying thing from the first two games is that in order to use your augmentations you needed power in order to get power you needed to collect this battery like devices, this annoyed the hell out of me because I would find myself in a situation were I needed my special abilities but I could not use them.:mad2:
I propose a new augmentation to replace the standard flashlight , the whip.
I know the name needs work but the developers can work that out. It's primary purpose is to allow the player to recharge using anything with electricity flowing throw it, sockets, lights, blenders whatever. This can of course be upgraded to function like a taser of sorts, and be equipped with a claw to reach that item just out of reach or clime up to that air duct. I also had this idea that you could wrap the cord around your hand and use it to strangle some one, hitman style.:cool:
Theoretically you could also use it to pinch the ass of that cute waitress from half way across the room, but we wouldn't do that now would we.:D
I also don't like the fact that all the items degrade so fast you can only use a re-breather for a few seconds before it is useless, and for what reason do we have to use auto lock picks why not just make a normal lock pick. Also no more universal ammo I used to waste all my ammo with rockets, it was just plane aggravating. I know all of this should have been posted some were else but thats so far back in the forums that I thought no one would read it and I really want the developers to read my ideas and put them in the game, that would be kick ass.:o
Oh and one more thing please have cheat codes, in my opinion cheat codes make a game more fun, and for those of us who don't like cheating just beacuse they are there does not mean you have to use them!

GmanPro
29th Nov 2008, 00:33
I say just have the bio-energy auto regenerate at a slow pace. :thumbsup:

Then you could take out auto-heal without worrying about situations where the player might get stuck.

Jima B
29th Nov 2008, 00:39
The most annoying thing from the first two games is that in order to use your augmentations you needed power in order to get power you needed to collect this battery like devices, this annoyed the hell out of me because I would find myself in a situation were I needed my special abilities but I could not use them.:mad2:
I propose a new augmentation to replace the standard flashlight , the whip.
It would be tentacle like and come out of the players arm and would be something like the little robots whip from metal gear 4. It's primary purpose is to allow the player to recharge using anything with electricity flowing throw it, sockets, lights, blenders whatever. This can of course be upgraded to function like a taser of sorts, and be equipped with a claw to reach that item just out of reach or clime up to that air duct. I also had this idea that you could wrap the cord around your hand and use it to strangle some one, hitman style.:cool:
Theoretically you could also use it to pinch the ass of that cute waitress from half way across the room, but we wouldn't do that now would we.:D
I also don't like the fact that all the items degrade so fast you can only use a re-breather for a few seconds before it is useless, and for what reason do we have to use auto lock picks why not just make a normal lock pick. Also no more universal ammo I used to waste all my ammo with rockets, it was just plane aggravating. I know all of this should have been posted some were else but thats so far back in the forums that I thought no one would read it and I really want the developers to read my ideas and put them in the game, that would be kick ass.:o
Oh and one more thing please have cheat codes, in my opinion cheat codes make a game more fun, and for those of us who don't like cheating just beacuse they are there does not mean you have to use them!
It sounds like you weren't good and resource management :D
I can see where your coming from, although i have to disagree :( If players are overladen with resources then it makes the game too easy. Although i could agree on having something like bio-energy recharge on easier difficulties.

Oh, and auto-heal WOULD suck, because it'd completely remove the need for a regeneration aug :P

spm1138
29th Nov 2008, 03:05
I was thinking Adam Jensen should be able to recover kinetic energy like a self-winding watch.

Romeo
29th Nov 2008, 06:28
I liked how Deus Ex: Invisible War had both Passive and Activated abilities. I disliked having to worry about activating all my augs in Deus Ex every time I battled. If I have strength enhancements, I shouldn't need to activate my muscles, they should be strong from the get-go!

Psychomorph
29th Nov 2008, 09:02
Isn't the human a walking battery? Use Adam to fuel the augs. He surely need to eat more after that, or there is some synthetic booster.

Edit:
By the way, idea: If Adam is injured (critically), the effectivity of the augs seriously drops (or even cease working) in order to use all the ressources for the healing/regenerative process (except some of the more important augs, like an anti-toxic thingy, etc).
If you choose to still make use of some ressources eating augs, your healing ability is minimized.

Generally, in order to effectively heal/regenerate, you should not run around like crazy, but remain stationary. Would make the auto regen more acceptable.

GmanPro
29th Nov 2008, 09:04
Exactly. Not only does it makes sense realistically, but it also seems like it would be fun.

With recharging energy, you could just throw in the health regen aug and you're good to go.

sycomofo
29th Nov 2008, 15:37
I just realized that because of the time frame and the conditions of the story the main character is going to be a meck not a bio-augmented agent like the Denton's. This makes my idea of the whip augment even more plausible as it would be literally like plugging in a toaster oven.:lmao:

spm1138
29th Nov 2008, 15:40
Isn't the human a walking battery? Use Adam to fuel the augs. He surely need to eat more after that, or there is some synthetic booster.

Edit:
By the way, idea: If Adam is injured (critically), the effectivity of the augs seriously drops (or even cease working) in order to use all the ressources for the healing/regenerative process (except some of the more important augs, like an anti-toxic thingy, etc).
If you choose to still make use of some ressources eating augs, your healing ability is minimized.

Generally, in order to effectively heal/regenerate, you should not run around like crazy, but remain stationary. Would make the auto regen more acceptable.

This has real potential.

ZylonBane
29th Nov 2008, 17:11
I propose a new augmentation to replace the standard flashlight , the whip. It would be tentacle like and come out of the players arm and would be something like the little robots whip from metal gear 4.

(further idiocy about cheats and ass-pinching snipped)

Congratulations. I've read a lot of retarded things in this forum, but this post is, by far, the MOST retarded.

You win a banana sticker.

gamer0004
29th Nov 2008, 17:44
Congratulations. I've read a lot of retarded things in this forum, but this post is, by far, the MOST retarded.

Nah, the Eidos Montreal tentacle augs win the prize IMO :rasp:

sycomofo
29th Nov 2008, 21:01

I understand wanting to voice your opinion, but this is just plane insulting and unnecessary. Also being retarded is no laughing matter I find your disregard for the feeling for those of us who are handy caped mental or other wise disturbing and I can conclude that you are resorting to syber-bullying in order to compensate for a character flaw. Furthermore please reframe from posting such vulgarities on my threads, thank you.

sycomofo
29th Nov 2008, 21:05
Nah, the Eidos Montreal tentacle augs win the prize IMO :rasp:

I do not understand your statement.

Bloodwolf806
29th Nov 2008, 22:36
I say just have the bio-energy auto regenerate at a slow pace. :thumbsup:

Then you could take out auto-heal without worrying about situations where the player might get stuck.

Edit:

Both of these are great.

GmanPro
29th Nov 2008, 22:42
I do not understand your statement.

Go to the images thread. You cant miss it.

Jerion
29th Nov 2008, 23:05
^^ That's an advertisement, not a single piece of concept art.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/Zeoman1001/Picture1-1.png

GmanPro
29th Nov 2008, 23:20
Its still ridiculous. I hope they make fun of it in the game at some point lol.

sycomofo
29th Nov 2008, 23:23
I see what you mean. However the figure in the pic seems to have had there legs replaced with tentacles(perhaps for better swimming ability), where as my idea is simply a attachment to the arm.

Joseph Manderley's Corpse
29th Nov 2008, 23:42

Edit:

Exactly. Not only does it makes sense realistically, but it also seems like it would be fun.

With recharging energy, you could just throw in the health regen aug and you're good to go.

Chronologically, it make no sense whatsoever. Remember, BOYS....this is a PRE-quel...as in PRE from the Latin "BEFORE THE TIME ORIGINAL WAS SET".

Wouldn't it be just a little odd to have a technology like that in a Deus Ex Machina 25 years prior to one who had to search for bio cells? :scratch:

GmanPro
29th Nov 2008, 23:55
^^Nope.

spm1138
30th Nov 2008, 01:32
You have technology like that in watches now.

ZylonBane
30th Nov 2008, 01:57
...just plane insulting ... us who are handy caped mental or other wise disturbing ... syber-bullying ... please reframe from posting
COMEDY. GOLD. :lol:

sycomofo
30th Nov 2008, 02:01
Chronologically, it make no sense whatsoever. Remember, BOYS....this is a PRE-quel...as in PRE from the Latin "BEFORE THE TIME ORIGINAL WAS SET".

Wouldn't it be just a little odd to have a technology like that in a Deus Ex Machina 25 years prior to one who had to search for bio cells? :scratch:

Technically no, the mane character is a mech. Which were being fazed out during the events of deus ex (1). That means that the technology was out of date during those events. This means that for at leased 30 years mechanical augmentation was top of the line. Also there is no mention as to who or when bio augmentation was invented only that the bad guys created special clones to use it and to get every one sick. We can assume that they might have stolen and probably hidden the technology till they could figure out what to do with it, like try to take over the world.:D

Laokin
30th Nov 2008, 02:17

Remember... with mech augs, they can be WAY more powerful than Bio Mods. There is a trade off to be made, Bio Mods = low profile... nobody can see if you have them.

Mech augs, Bulkier bolt on mods. No discretion. We already know that the mech aug's produce better results, just remember... this is a PREQUEL. In DX 1 mech augs were outlawed and discriminated against. This forced them to create a new technology... one with discretion at a trade off of power.

Since they are completely different technologies, you can not rule out the possibility of regenerating energy with centrifugal force. This would also come as a penalty to those who are trying to lay low. I.E. best example of why it's not present with JC. BTW, they have cloaking in DX1, we don't yet.... but do you know what we do have?

Flash lights that don't need batteries.

Also, if you opted to go the "whip" route. It still would make sense. Mech augs are electronic where as bio mods are integrated seamlessly into your body. This could propose a need for a new way to "refuel" your abilities.

For the last time.... your only limited by your imagination. If you think hard enough when creating a setting you can always cleverly write something that seems contradictory.... but in fact stays true to canon.

/End

sycomofo
30th Nov 2008, 02:19
Does anyone know if this game is going to be like the first two were it has the illusion of a sandbox environment, or is it going to actually be a sandbox game.:scratch: I tend to prefer sandbox games my self but I think I'll pick this one up either way.

GmanPro
30th Nov 2008, 02:23
I don't think it will be a true sandbox game. The levels themselves will be mini sandboxes. Like, there will be a montreal sandbox and a Shanghai sandbox. But you still have to change levels in that respect.

Yargo
30th Nov 2008, 22:51
On the issue of self powered augs.
A lot of today's proposed Nano-technologies can use power created chemically or in some other form. So those Biocells from DX1 seem to only be clever balancing act. :D
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=how-self-powered-nanotech-works

Spiffmeister
4th Dec 2008, 16:14
The "whip" seems like a pretty good idea for a mech to have, in my option though, having Bio-electricity that just regenerates would take away from certain parts of the game, such as inventory or resource management.

Perhaps regenerating BE could be an optional thing for lower difficulties or a biomod, that way it would fill a mod spot that could be filled by something else that's equally as useful?

Yargo
4th Dec 2008, 17:35
The "whip" seems like a pretty good idea for a mech to have, in my option though, having Bio-electricity that just regenerates would take away from certain parts of the game, such as inventory or resource management.

Perhaps regenerating BE could be an optional thing for lower difficulties or a biomod, that way it would fill a mod spot that could be filled by something else that's equally as useful?

What if there was a 25% reserve that regenerated while the rest depended on the bio cells. that way if you dig into your reserve than your movement is suspended until you regain the energy. :cool:

GmanPro
4th Dec 2008, 18:36
^^
Sounds like a good idea for maybe a higher difficulty setting.

sycomofo
6th Dec 2008, 23:58
I just realized something nano mods can be integrated in to the story. JC Denton was genetically engineered for the purpose of accepting nano mods, despite this he still had a childhood "they were given some reference in the first game as having been killed for there objections to the nano mods". This makes JC at leased 20 in 2050. Which means they must have had nano mods in the 2030's closer to the time of the new game. Plus who knows how far back the research goes.:scratch:

Yargo
7th Dec 2008, 02:18
I just realized something bio mods can be integrated in to the story. JC Denton was genetically engineered for the purpose of accepting bio mods, despite this he still had a childhood "they were given some reference in the first game as having been killed for there objections to the bio mods". This makes JC at leased 20 in 2050. Which means they must have had bio mods in the 2030's closer to the time of the new game. Plus who knows how far back the research goes.:scratch:

by bio mods do you mean nano augs? :scratch:
because the mechanical augs are "bio" as well. :D

Psychomorph
7th Dec 2008, 03:24
Plus, Adam can eventually be a walking prototype, having the best sh#t ever.

That means Adam has the slickes stuff like the biological things and those smaller augs that are easier to hide, due to size and implantation method and certainly more effective than other peoples stuff (regenerative, bioenergy using, while others have to carry energy cells and got the stuff more visible), while Barrett (the one blonde villian) we saw in pics and most other villians and people have the slightly older-gen type augs, (heavy mechanical augmentations, batteries, hydraulics, etc).

That makes up for some interesting aspects, Adam is more special, he looks less than what he is (many augs are smaller, well hidden, inconvential tech, etc), he can eventually pass areas other heavy augmented people can't do (indirect stealth).
That also makes it interesting because you can not just steal other peoples stuff like batteries or spare parts, you have to manage your own special kit (there surely will be things that can be used from other people, like datachips, information devices, etc, but not the complicated gear).

sycomofo
7th Dec 2008, 04:27
Plus, Adam can eventually be a walking prototype, having the best sh#t ever.

That means Adam has the slickes stuff like the biological things and those smaller augs that are easier to hide, due to size and implantation method and certainly more effective than other peoples stuff (regenerative, bioenergy using, while others have to carry energy cells and got the stuff more visible), while Barrett (the one blonde villian) we saw in pics and most other villians and people have the slightly older-gen type augs, (heavy mechanical augmentations, batteries, hydraulics, etc).

That makes up for some interesting aspects, Adam is more special, he looks less than what he is (many augs are smaller, well hidden, inconvential tech, etc), he can eventually pass areas other heavy augmented people can't do (indirect stealth).
That also makes it interesting because you can not just steal other peoples stuff like batteries or spare parts, you have to manage your own special kit (there surely will be things that can be used from other people, like datachips, information devices, etc, but not the complicated gear).

I agree. However what would be nice is that the look of the mc changes with the addition of new mod's and that this would effect the way npc's perceive the mc. Do you go with the more discrete less spectacular mod's and retain most of your humanity, or do you embrace the cold hard steel and slowly replace your soul for power! :wave: