PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think That You Will Be Able To Drive The Batmobile ?

imbatman08
27th Nov 2008, 19:59
Im a big fan of Batman.. And all the other games have let me down. But this one looks like it could be the one the best batman game ever ! in other words it just looks AMAZING and i can not wait to play it. But There was always a few things i wanted in a Batman game for example.. Been able to just do what the hell u wanted like goin on rooftops useing ur the grapple hook driveing the batmobile where ever you wanted !! do u think this will ever happen in a Batman game

DrDoom
27th Nov 2008, 20:11
Probably not in this game, as it takes place on a island. But good news, you will be able to visit a bat cave that batman has on Arkham Island. At least if what I heard is true.

TDK
29th Nov 2008, 10:19
if the batmobile was like the one from The Dark Knight its ok with me :D

Singstar90210
30th Nov 2008, 00:33
Wish that were true...
I think TDK has said everything. :D

ICK14
30th Nov 2008, 08:08
I think I read an article that said the Batmobile and Batboat were both gonna be in the game..... But I could be wrong on that one...

RedFalcon16
1st Dec 2008, 02:15
If you do get to drive it, I just hope they don't screw up the look of the Batmobile. I like the TDK look of the Batmobile. Not the sports car style, the TANK is just more realistic than a sports car.

abz1
1st Dec 2008, 03:10
Im sure that they are going to put the batmobile in the game. It would not feel correct if it was not in it would it ?..:)

Rachie
1st Dec 2008, 04:48
Batman would not be complete without the Batmobile. :D

imported_Jill_Valentine
1st Dec 2008, 15:44
I like the Batmobile from the original Batman and Batman Returns movies. The tank is okay but I like the old Batmobile concepts. I'd actually prefer if they used that version of the Batmobile as opposed to the tank.

Meh, I like old school stuff.

The_Hylden
1st Dec 2008, 19:48
I could debate about the fact that driving a giant tank through Gotham isn't very realistic, nor practical, actually, for a stealthy Batman... I love both Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and the Batmobile was great, but it's not the Batmobile of the comics. No matter how much you think it's more realistic for Batman to drive it, also, the reason I say it's not all that practical is the collateral damage it causes. The main function of the Batmobile is simply to get Batman from point A to point B quickly and stealthily in Gotham City, not to destroy overpasses, cars, roofs, and all else in its wake:p Plus, if it's its toughness that makes it so realistic in this "War on Crime" version, well, (movie spoiler) it didn't even stand up that well to a rocket launcher. Not much of a tank in the end, was it? Heh, but anyway...

The Batmobile in this game is debatable. I can't see why we'd need to drive it. The game is said to take place entirely within Arkham Asylum, with maybe only a dip into the Batcave batman has built under it. Unless we're driving the Batmoblie up a long, dark tunnel from that cave, which seems a bit unnecessary, than I don't think we will. Now, if they expand the story later to include parts of Gotham and haven't told us, then maybe...

With that said, I enjoy the Batmobile, old school or current comic book version (which isn't old school, but it's still the car version:p). Save the tank version for the movies Chris Nolan is making (movie spoiler)(which, incidentally, might not even be the same next time around, since the last one was a bit blow-ed up:p). This isn't following them anyway. It's following more the comics, though is stand-alone as a graphic novel-like approach.

LikaLaruku
2nd Dec 2008, 12:42
How about a car chase? The Joker has just stolen an ambulance & you have to chase him in the Batmovile before he runs over too many people in a limited time through an obsticle course. & the way he drives, that should be about as easy & diving through the hoops in Superman 64.

Gotham_Knight
3rd Dec 2008, 23:52
You're going to be in a hospital which means I don't think you'll be able to drive around in a car in a tiny hallway...

RockWitU
4th Dec 2008, 13:27
hey that a good idea :) , well the Batmobile from (Nolan) film's is really amazing but i dont think its going to be in this game because Gotham_Knight said (You're going to be in a hospital ) but still I dont mind to see one in the game :o

How about a car chase? The Joker has just stolen an ambulance & you have to chase him in the Batmovile before he runs over too many people in a limited time through an obsticle course. & the way he drives, that should be about as easy & diving through the hoops in Superman 64.

imbatman08
4th Dec 2008, 21:55
You're going to be in a hospital which means I don't think you'll be able to drive around in a car in a tiny hallway...

Whats This Hospital all about :confused: ? ? Could you send me the link to the page where it said this ?

The_Hylden
4th Dec 2008, 22:38
You're probably going to kick yourself for asking this, but the game takes place in Arkham Asylum. An Asylum is essentially a hospital treating (trying, anyway) the mentally ill.

Gotham_Knight
5th Dec 2008, 01:09
Whats This Hospital all about :confused: ? ? Could you send me the link to the page where it said this ?

You're going to be inside Arkham Asylum by yourself with a bunch of batman villians, there's the hospital.

!B a T m A n!
5th Dec 2008, 04:18
this game is set on arkham island not just in the hospital so it could be very likely that there may be some driving in the bat mobile

Gotham_Knight
6th Dec 2008, 22:57
this game is set on arkham island not just in the hospital so it could be very likely that there may be some driving in the bat mobile

The game is called Arkham Asylum and if you've seen the teaser you're not driving around you're inside the mental hospital of the title...

Vigilance
6th Dec 2008, 23:13
The game is called Arkham Asylum and if you've seen the teaser you're not driving around you're inside the mental hospital of the title...

The game takes place on the entire Island, not just Arkham Asylum. You can leave Arkham Asylum (though probably not right away since you're sort of in the midst of a trap).

TH3 WR417H
9th Dec 2008, 07:36
For DLC they should have a Batmobile GTA style game where you go from crime scene to crime scene and that driving the Batmobile. But give it real life physics so when you run over civilian and parked cars they sqish as if a tank just pwn'd them. Because if they just put it in the game just so its there it will fill cheap, and let us all down as fans. Just hope the drop the "BAT-POD" the Tumbler batshat all over the Pod.

chip5541
9th Dec 2008, 10:04
Gasoline... check
Fire..... check

I don't suppose anyone noticed the batmobile at the beginning of the last trailer? Does it mean it is drivable? nope but it doesn't either :rasp:

BTW. My bet would be no but I have been wrong before.

galiono
9th Dec 2008, 17:11

you did not just reference the worst game in history...superman 64?.....really?.........such an EPIC FAIL.
but yea, no batmobile, all arkham thats what i want

wutspoppin
11th Dec 2008, 10:30
maybe they could use the batmobil at the begining of the game u know drive to arkham asylum (drive 2 where da game will take place) for the fans that cant live without a batmobil. personaly i woun't wanna c mini games where u have 2 doge objects using batmobil/wing or boat getting from a 2 b, it would make the game real childish

Batman_Sauce024
11th Dec 2008, 21:13
I think all we can think is hope that we will be able to to drive it but lol I don't think so.

Vigilance
11th Dec 2008, 21:48
Yeah, I agree about the batmobile minigame thing. This game will be about solving the Joker's plot. Solving puzzles, neutralizing bad guys, sneaking around in the shadows and other such Batman things. If they included the batmobile (which doesn't make sense if the whole game takes place on a single island, and mostly inside of a building at that), it most likely wouldn't be well done. If you look at past games that suffer from the mistake of including a sequence like that, you'll see that it's generally a painful part of the game that you just want to get through and be done with.

Wigglez
26th Dec 2008, 03:10
You might be able to drive the BM to AA. Because my guess is that you're not just bringing the joker in. You might have to catch him first. Then there might be driving gameplay where you drive the BM. I don't really know this but it's what I'm hoping. And if there is, then it will be fun =p