PDA

View Full Version : Pleading for a patch (lots of little problems)

neils340
27th Nov 2008, 18:10
Having bought all the TR games I was very pleased, after the debacle of TR:Angel of Darkness, with TR: legend and TR: Anniversary. Both excellent games that I was able to run without difficulty (other than my own ineptness at the controls).

I had looked forward to this game and had pre-ordered via amazon in the UK. Sadly I am very disappointed, having more problems than with TR: Angle of Darkness.

I have given up playing due to:

Frame rate slow downs (doing a 360 rotation does correct this occasionally)
Stuttering Sound
Graphics glitches such as feet disappearing into the floor when standing on pressure switches, picking up and dropping blocks that fly away from the drop area.

My system meets the minimum requirements in all areas and just fails the recommended graphics requirements. I have a Dell XPS420 with

Vista 32bit
Quad Core Q6600 @2.4Ghz
4GB Ram (only 3.2GB visible)
2 x 500GB drives in a single 1TB raid array
ATI 3870 Graphics card with 512MB ram.

I have had no problems running Bioshock, Mass Effect, Crysis, HalfLife2 all at 1280x1024 with decent graphics and the sound (though onboard) has all worked fine.

Having read the problems, plenty of people are having similar issues so please Eidos/CrystalDynamics sort out a patch as soon as possible. Given the franchise and the efforts to revive it this isn't a very good offering.

Regards,

Neil

Leak
27th Nov 2008, 19:03
My system meets the minimum requirements in all areas and just fails the recommended graphics requirements. I have a Dell XPS420 with

Vista 32bit
Quad Core Q6600 @2.4Ghz
4GB Ram (only 3.2GB visible)
2 x 500GB drives in a single 1TB raid array
ATI 3870 Graphics card with 512MB ram.
Try disabling your sound card(s) in Device Manager and see if that fixes things. (Don't forget to enable it afterwards, of course...)

If you bought it with the Creative X-Fi - setting mine to "Audio Production Mode" fixed all stutter...