PDA

View Full Version : more nvidia probs

horse
27th Nov 2008, 09:52
I cant even get my TRU to run. It installs ok, but i get this msg upon startup - *Wrong DRM version data abb9a99b, code 13 rebuild of PC-W\shaderlib.drm needed*

Is that something to do with the graphics ? I have - NVIDIA gEFORCE 7050 pv, nvidia Nforce 630A - is that in the 7 - series of NVIDIA - that so many others are rporting probs ?

Im pretty new to using the PC for more than gaming, so a lot of this might be obvious to a lot of you.

Anyway - any ansas would be most welcome.
Thanks all.

GoranAgar
27th Nov 2008, 10:01
A .drm file is a texture file.

Try reinstalling the game. Make a backup of your savegames first. ;)

larafriend
27th Nov 2008, 10:41
It could be that your card doesn't support Pixel Shader 3.0. TRU Needs Pixel Shader 3.0 to run.

GoranAgar
27th Nov 2008, 11:06
It could be that your card doesn't support Pixel Shader 3.0. TRU Needs Pixel Shader 3.0 to run.
No, that is not it.

horse
27th Nov 2008, 11:20
how can i find out what is exactly wrong ? a diagnostics check maybe ? As to your saying for me to save my save-games - lol - ive not been able to play it yet...:(
As soon as i do - i will be sooo happy.:D

Any more answers are most welcome.
Thanks everyone.

Felis Catus
27th Nov 2008, 11:23
Even if you can get it to run: 7050 sounds like one of those on-board Chips... It probably won't be much fun playing it on something like that.

GoranAgar
27th Nov 2008, 11:54
how can i find out what is exactly wrong ? a diagnostics check maybe ? As to your saying for me to save my save-games - lol - ive not been able to play it yet...:(
As soon as i do - i will be sooo happy.:D

Any more answers are most welcome.
Thanks everyone.
It is telling you exactly what to do. "rebuild of PC-W\shaderlib.drm needed"

That can only be accomplished by a reinstall.

horse
28th Nov 2008, 11:13
Goran, I did take notice of what you said - i did a complete re-install - but im stuck with the exact same problem - the exact same msg. But - that Felis is correct - it is an onboard chip - why wont it be much fun ? Will it lag badly or something ? I thought it was meeting the requirements ?
Ive run Legend & Anniversary OK, but not TRU.

If I DID go out n get a new card - would that solve the problem ?

Also ive heard other people go on about the pixel shader 3.0 - if my onboard dont support it - is that the end of the problem ?

(i wanted to point out that trying to run a demo of TRU - makes my PC switch itself off - why would that be ?)

horse
28th Nov 2008, 11:41
I done a little research on my geforce 7050pv - and i came up with this -:

*The IGP uses a 425MHz core clock with two pipelines, two pixel shaders, two texture units and one vertex shader so it’s a long way from any sort of graphical colossus. It does support HDR, however you’re still limited to using that OR anti-aliasing... not that we think it’s really able to run either fast enough though.*

From an official (i think) site. So does that mean im not gonna be able to play TRU on my system - unless i get a seperate graphics card ?

Enigma4ever
29th Jun 2010, 15:50
Yeah .. But Am Using ATI 4870 HD .. which has shader 3.0 and its pretty good card .. then why its showing me this error ? anyone can help ? and am using windows 7 ..

aussie500
30th Jun 2010, 01:05
Yeah .. But Am Using ATI 4870 HD .. which has shader 3.0 and its pretty good card .. then why its showing me this error ? anyone can help ? and am using windows 7 ..

Are you using the latest drivers for your video card?

Enigma4ever
1st Jul 2010, 16:42
Offcourse am using the latest drivers from ATI website... and also am getting this error everywhere .. everywhere means .. when it starts and ask for pc settings n all dat .. there is everywhere written (Error out of table range ).. ive uninstalled the game .. and reinstalled it .. but still getting same error... anyhelp ??