PDA

View Full Version : Xbox: Ramp glitch in Mexico = Horrible

gilberca
27th Nov 2008, 00:10
I'm stuck in the corridor in "The Midgard Serpent" level in Mexico. The first ramp is down so I can't jump the bike across. I've read that others are having the same problem in the same place - the suggestion to restart the level hasn't worked for me as I've done this about a dozen times now over the past 3 day's and it's still down... I don't know that I've ever been so disappointed & frustrated in a game as I am right now. I've played all the Tomb Raider games over the years because of the 95% that is so wonderful. It's too bad that a series can be described as 95% brilliant and 5% too frustrating to continue with. As it stands right now I've spent a lot of money on a GLITCH. Not a game - but a glitch. I'm angry. My favorite game is breaking my heart.

josh1122
27th Nov 2008, 01:21
Ehh. Not sure if its where your talking about for me, I always took the high rode on the other side of the ramp,if i tried coming back to the direction of the jump i previously made before, its a big hole, thats why i took the route right next to it that leads you OVER the hole on the opposite side

Eson
27th Nov 2008, 04:49
agree with you.

I'm stuck in the corridor in "The Midgard Serpent" level in Mexico. The first ramp is down so I can't jump the bike across. I've read that others are having the same problem in the same place - the suggestion to restart the level hasn't worked for me as I've done this about a dozen times now over the past 3 day's and it's still down... I don't know that I've ever been so disappointed & frustrated in a game as I am right now. I've played all the Tomb Raider games over the years because of the 95% that is so wonderful. It's too bad that a series can be described as 95% brilliant and 5% too frustrating to continue with. As it stands right now I've spent a lot of money on a GLITCH. Not a game - but a glitch. I'm angry. My favorite game is breaking my heart.

Felis Catus
27th Nov 2008, 11:34
This problem seems to occur on all platforms. AFAIK only a savegame provided by someone who does not have this glitch solves this reliably, at least on PC and PS3. (I have no Xbox, so I don't know for sure.)

pleomax
27th Nov 2008, 12:57
Done this level on pc, no problems.

GoranAgar
29th Nov 2008, 09:56
This problem seems to occur on all platforms. AFAIK only a savegame provided by someone who does not have this glitch solves this reliably, at least on PC and PS3. (I have no Xbox, so I don't know for sure.)
I did not encounter this when I played the game on 2 PCs and one Laptop.

gnazzo
29th Nov 2008, 19:17

i'm with you man... new xbox360 just for this new game (250euros total) and:
http://www.gnazzo.it/images/oneTRU.jpghttp://www.gnazzo.it/images/twoTRU.jpg
played and finished all TR through the history, and now stopped by this :mad2: bug...
How can Eidos come out with a game impossible to finish???
disappointed & frustrated so much.
What about this GLITCH? If i try changing DVD with another in the shop i've bought?

Kroft
29th Nov 2008, 19:51
If they are unable to find the cause of this issue they could fix it by adding a switch before the ramp. Adding a switch to raise/lower the first ramp wouldn't cause the puzzles to change, it would just prevent the issue being an obstacle.

TheTenthMuse
2nd Dec 2008, 14:50
Plenty of people are having this same ramp issue. Good for you if you didn't experience it - that makes you lucky. But I've seen people across all platforms complaining about this issue. It is good reason to complain - you can't finish the game until this problem is fixed. I'm not about to spend the time to restart this game from the beginning. It went back to Game Fly and maybe I'll get it back whenever someone decides to fix this problem. I'm really glad I didn't spend $60 on this game.

lozislove
6th Dec 2008, 17:06
I got past it by doing the whole level again, this time I didn't wear the shorts, I wonder if that has anything to do with the glitch? If anyone wants my save (for PS3) just message me for it. ^_^

Golden Laurel
6th Dec 2008, 19:18

That realy stinks. i played on the ps3 and didnt have this problem, this might sound a little dramatic but i do have a suggestion. Erease all save data's so there is no TRU saved data on your xbox. then start the game all over again. that's about all i can think of. I hope you find a better solution!! :thumb:

Eden
6th Dec 2008, 19:29
Had the same problem, but here's the solution:

http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/faqinfo.html?fqid=426&gmid=215