PDA

View Full Version : Yahtzee's Deus Ex song

Deevian
26th Nov 2008, 21:34
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/452-Guitar-Hero-World-Tour

It's in the end of it. I literally fell on the floor laughing.

Seriously, I did.

René
26th Nov 2008, 22:25
I think his arguments mirror those of a majority on this forum! (direct link here (http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=qXsBIFXf25M)) Great stuff!

LeatherJacket
26th Nov 2008, 22:50
Hahaha. Awesome! I wish it were longer.

Spyhopping
26th Nov 2008, 23:09
Brilliant.
I'm giving a presentation in the morning, that is clearly going to pop into my head whilst I'm doing it :D

SageSavage
26th Nov 2008, 23:51
I like Yahtzee and I tend to agree with most of his verdicts so far.

AaronJ
27th Nov 2008, 01:26
Just wait until he reviews DX3. It wouldn't necessarily be a negative review, he called Fallout 3 "pretty good".

ZylonBane
27th Nov 2008, 01:57
Just wait until he reviews DX3.
No.

SemiAnonymous
27th Nov 2008, 02:41
I think I love him a little more

Tracer Tong
27th Nov 2008, 05:54
No.

His reviews are excellent.

He also liked System Shock 2 at the time.

Oh and swimming IS stupid. I took it on one of my playthroughs and it's pretty much useless (you got some stuff under the canal in HK, yet nothing more fancy)

Pete278
27th Nov 2008, 06:09

Oh and swimming IS stupid. I took it on one of my playthroughs and it's pretty much useless (you got some stuff under the canal in HK, yet nothing more fancy)

I'm mastering it on my next playthrough to spite you all :P.

Yargo
27th Nov 2008, 06:27

You don't even need to upgrade swimming to get the stuff in the canal anyways!:D

3nails4you
27th Nov 2008, 08:19
Swimming is not fairly useless. It is absolutely useless :D

Lol we stay on schedule! :D Good find.

spm1138
27th Nov 2008, 10:25
You need 1 level of it, even to get the biomod upgrade in the water in HK.

Absentia
27th Nov 2008, 11:17
Hah, I actually used swimming in the end, and found it moderately useful. When the Oceanlab gets flooded and theres mutants everywhere, it's kinda annoying when you move so slowly and run out of breath etc. I had a look at the skills and found that swimming hardly needs any skill points at all (and I was happy with my skills so far) so I just levelled up fully on it, helped a lot.
Love the song =P

René
27th Nov 2008, 14:16
The song is very cool but it's kind of out of nowhere, eh? I mean, that was a Guitar Hero review. Very odd that Deus Ex would be on his brain!

imported_van_HellSing
27th Nov 2008, 14:36
I guess you are unfamiliar with Yahtzee and Zeropunctuation, René? He usually has an random bit of humor unrelated to the game at hand at the end of his reviews.

Nathan2000
27th Nov 2008, 18:08

Actually, you don't need it at all. You can find two rebreathers nearby and with good timing, you can make it with no or little damage. And there's also regeneration aug.

Put on a trenchcoat and fight some conspiracies.
Get experience and level up abilities.
Will you pick rifles or computers?
Don't pick swimming because it's fairly useless.
It's a shooter and a role-playing game.
The levels are ugly and everyone looks the same.
We're not the same Ion Storm that made Daikatana.
Our games are good and they stay on schedule.

We made a sequel that no-one liked
'cos we dumbed it down too much
'cos we're thick.
Mastery. The verses with rhymes are the best. The bad thing is that he has probably just ruined my experience when launching DX.

Tracer Tong
28th Nov 2008, 01:14
The song is very cool but it's kind of out of nowhere, eh? I mean, that was a Guitar Hero review. Very odd that Deus Ex would be on his brain!

IMO he was looking for songs he could sing out loud. (he complained about nobody liking to sing on Guitar Hero World Tour)

AaronJ
28th Nov 2008, 02:43

His reviews are entertaining. I wouldn't determine my purchasing of a game from one of his reviews. Then again, the last game I purchased (or had purchased for me) was Crysis, last Christmas.

Mr. Perfect
28th Nov 2008, 06:46
Top notch song. I better not watch it more then once, or I'll actually remember it and sing along whenever the title track plays.:D

jc_lemon_lime
28th Nov 2008, 08:13

the song is cool; as is you avatar, rene

ZylonBane
28th Nov 2008, 15:03
I don't know why you're telling me that. Of course they are. I just happen to find AaronJ's bizarre hamfisted posting style annoying.

The Pillowman
28th Nov 2008, 17:13

Wait, is there a zero punctuation review of SS2? I'd love to see that!

Also, I love his occasional references to how awesome Thief is. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

imported_van_HellSing
28th Nov 2008, 17:28

Do you seriously think Yahtzee just sprang into existence along with Zeropunctuation and has done nothing before that?

Red
28th Nov 2008, 18:28
Wait, is there a zero punctuation review of SS2? I'd love to see that!

Also, I love his occasional references to how awesome Thief is. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

There is a reference to SS2 in Bioshock review.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4-BioShock

ZylonBane
28th Nov 2008, 18:38
There is a reference to SS2 in Bioshock review.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/4-BioShock
"A" reference? Pretty much the entire review is him pointing out how Bioshock is an inferior retread of SS2.

Red
28th Nov 2008, 18:56
Holy shyte, aye?

The Pillowman
28th Nov 2008, 20:29

Do you seriously think Yahtzee just sprang into existence along with Zeropunctuation and has done nothing before that?

Um, no, but way to jump down my throat on a sled made of irrelevant assumptions. Let me rephrase:

Is there a YAHTZEE review of SS2? I would love to see that!

Whether it's zeropunctuation or fullyramblomatic or whatever else he's done, it's the man who does it that counts, not the moniker he does it under.

And yes, I have seen his Bioshock review (thanks though, Red!). I was just wondering if he had done one exclusively on SS2 that I'd missed, like the retrospecive he did for Prince fo Persia.

Torley
28th Nov 2008, 21:33
What a nice surprise — thanks for sharing this. It cracked me up and kind of reminded me of the "song of theme", adding lyrics to movie themes which were originally instrumental.

Jima B
29th Nov 2008, 00:46
Yahtzee is always right, and I must say I agree :(

Desperately trying not to remember the words :nut:

Tracer Tong
29th Nov 2008, 08:49
Put on a trenchcoat... ;)

imported_van_HellSing
29th Nov 2008, 21:51
...and fight some conspiracies ;)

Jima B
30th Nov 2008, 01:01
Get experience ... and level up abilities :(

GmanPro
30th Nov 2008, 01:06
The song's lyrics are on the previous page people... lolz :D

Laokin
30th Nov 2008, 02:30

No you don't just get speed and save your re-breathers and you'll be quite all right.

You never needed swimming or aqualung. They were both pointless, since they gave you an item that lets you stay under water for like ever. Plus, there is plenty of them... just keep your eye open.

*edit*

Perhaps I've been beaten to the punch.

GmanPro
30th Nov 2008, 03:04
lol I would just turn on the regen aug when i start taking drowning damage. :thumbsup:

Ihsan
30th Nov 2008, 06:18
Funny stuff, swimming was useless >_<

Tracer Tong
30th Nov 2008, 09:38
Get experience ... and level up abilities :(

Will you pick rifles...

Nathan2000
30th Nov 2008, 18:30
Will you pick rifles...

...or computers?
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4422/compfighterej6.jpg

Jerion
30th Nov 2008, 18:32
...or computers?

:eek: :lol: :D

WIN. :thumbsup:

ZylonBane
30th Nov 2008, 18:48
...or computers?
Dude, you have SO just voided the warranty.

Psychopomp
3rd Dec 2008, 15:33
THE SWIMMINGZ, THEY DO NOZZING!

"A" reference? Pretty much the entire review is him pointing out how Bioshock is an inferior retread of SS2.

And yet "It's still game of the year material."
Holy shyte, aye?

On a side note, I made a point of playing SS2 after playing Bioshock. Aside from SHODAN's terrific writing, I was not impressed. Sometimes simpler is better.

Whilst I'm enraging people, D&D 4th edition is fun AND THAT'S ALL THE ******* MATTERS. And it's not a goddamn mini's game, games don't fail to roleplay. Players, however, do.

Tracer Tong
3rd Dec 2008, 19:37
...or computers?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You sir have just won the internets!

And:

Don't pick swimming because it's fairly useless...

Tstorm
11th Dec 2008, 22:24
I somehow mastered the rifle skill in the first level. Pretty cool eh?:rasp:

Mr. Perfect
11th Dec 2008, 22:39
How did you get a computer as a weapon? Some sort of mod?

ZylonBane
11th Dec 2008, 23:19
No, it's not a mod. You never thought to try picking up one of the computers?

:hmm:

Mr. Perfect
23rd Dec 2008, 07:03
The only thing a computer in Deus Ex has ever done when I try to interact with it is to pop up the login screen. Left click does nothing, center click does nothing, and right click pops up the login box.

Nathan2000
23rd Dec 2008, 21:37

You could say that. I set up the whole scene in UnrealEd. JC and UNATCO trooper are instances of DeusExDecoration, not NPCs. Thanks to that, I can adjust their poses. The computer is... well, it's a floating computer (disabled physics). I loaded the scene in DX and took a screenshot.

Tracer Tong
29th Dec 2008, 23:51
You could say that. I set up the whole scene in UnrealEd. JC and UNATCO trooper are instances of DeusExDecoration, not NPCs. Thanks to that, I can adjust their poses. The computer is... well, it's a floating computer (disabled physics). I loaded the scene in DX and took a screenshot.

Awww you ruined everything! (on second thought, good job, now we know how to GMod DX1 :) posing ftw!)

mook333
25th Jan 2009, 15:09
watch this video, the, whole video even after the credits for a dx surprise
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/452-Guitar-Hero-World-Tour

facepalm
25th Jan 2009, 15:19
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83480

Radius86
25th Jan 2009, 15:28
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83480

Noobs :P

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Jan 2009, 18:24
Hehe, I merged into existing thread. :)

Dead-Eye
25th Jan 2009, 23:28
I always take swimming at lest once sometimes twice. It's cheep and when you do need it your glad you have it. Although I recently found out that heavy weapons is awesome.

jamhaw
26th Jan 2009, 13:50
That was a great song.

Sabretooth1
26th Jan 2009, 15:55
Hahaha, that was great! Yahtzee is hilarious! :lol:

PugPug
26th Jan 2009, 16:47
Has he done songs or anything at the end of his other reviews? I just checked the back end of a few, and didn't find anything.

I usually just go back after the credits and open another one.

SageSavage
26th Jan 2009, 16:59
He did it for a while, yes.