PDA

View Full Version : Partial Solution Framerate Serie NVidia 6 & 7

Loran_69
26th Nov 2008, 18:08
Hi People !

I guess a new thread can help more people to know this:

I found a partial solution for our serie 6 & 7 CG framerate problem in another forum, and it work fine for me to fix at least the loading time (loading a level, a savegame, etc.), and the game itself feel a little better. Anyway, the loading now is smooth and quick as it must be ! pretty cool !

You need to edit your registry and search for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Crystal Dynamics/Tomb Raider: Underworld/Graphics

change to '0' the entry DontDeferShaderCreation

Witch stops the engine from precaching.

And that's all !

If you want to read the thread where I found this (I hope moderators here accept this kind of link, sorry if not guys ! ):
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/show...=139561&page=2

Don't thank too much, I'm just the messenger ! ;)

Loran_69

DetroitStateofMind
26th Nov 2008, 19:39
Thanks! that sorted the loading time but unfortunately there's till no fix for the framerate / stalling issue.

Hopefully after the Eidos guys finish celebrating their resoundingly 'successful' release they could let us know that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. It really is unacceptable that we haven't heard anything form their development team about this.

rg_001100
26th Nov 2008, 19:58
they could let us know that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. It really is unacceptable that we haven't heard anything form their development team about this.

This might interest you:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=901517&postcount=31

DetroitStateofMind
26th Nov 2008, 20:19
Thanks, I'm glad this is being investigated, hopefully it won't be too long before a solution is reached.

Cheers

Dragonranger
26th Nov 2008, 20:35
I already posted a reply in the other forum but i'll say the same here. Very useful tip it massively decreased the load time (about 10 secs). It's unfortunate that the game is still unplayable due to the stalling. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long now. It's a shame but at least i have clear sky and undercover to keep me occupied for a while.

Spong
26th Nov 2008, 21:40
Excellent fix for the loading :thumbsup: x many
Loads in a few seconds now every time now and not a few minutes as it occasionally did.

elliopo
27th Nov 2008, 02:36
This might interest you:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=901517&postcount=31

No convinced that what they are saying is the whole truth.

I have the issues on a 280gtx (Bad framerate, CTD etc) so it is not just an issue with the 6/7 series cards. Feels more like a game bug (as my frame rate issue only appears when lara is facing a certain direction, any other direction and it is fine). And the CTD's I have are generally caused by certain locations. If i go to the same location multiple times i get a CTD every time.

Sounds like they are trying to pass the buck and not accept that there are other issues causing the problem not just a driver related problem.

Also if it is true that the drivers are double loading, y do other games not have similar problems?

ozraider
27th Nov 2008, 09:02
You need to edit your registry and search for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Crystal Dynamics/Tomb Raider: Underworld/Graphics

change to '0' the entry DontDeferShaderCreation

Witch stops the engine from precaching.

Nice one Loran, that certainly fixed the loading time problem. Unfortunately it's had no effect on the stuttering gameplay though :(

Well, I guess we're all just back to hanging out for an nVidia / Eidos fix. <sharpens pitchfork> :rolleyes:

tiger
27th Nov 2008, 09:32
Nice one Loran, that certainly fixed the loading time problem. Unfortunately it's had no effect on the stuttering gameplay though :(

Well, I guess we're all just back to hanging out for an nVidia / Eidos fix. <sharpens pitchfork> :rolleyes:

And if these very helpful efficiency pieces are missing from the map's (level) build, it would be a real challenge inserting them.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UE2:AntiPortalActor_(U2XMP)

(I've used these special clear pieces, in UnReal maps, to definitely improve stuttering problems with a level's amount of detail.
And they are especially handy in the middle of a mountain range or tall buildings.) :thumbsup:

Btw, has anyone found any HOM, Hall Of Mirrors, effects, yet? (Those can be really nasty!) :eek:

pleomax
27th Nov 2008, 13:05
My frame rates are about the same as other games on an 8800gts 640mb.

1680*1050 max with 4aa.

I would have thought a 'gtx280' would kick this games butt, so their must be a problem.

6&7 series cards espeicially in laptops are too low for this game. It's not a bug you just don't have enough power.

Discordia666
28th Nov 2008, 21:16
A GTX280 ? I have 2 of them and I still can't run this game at high settings with decent framerates.
Why do we always get this BS with Tomb Raider? I don't have any problems with other games.

Edit (next day):

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to take it back. It's just the scene on the boat that runs like cr*p. Just out if interest, I tried upping the settings again further through the game and it runs fine with all settings maxed out. I get 100fps with the Vsync off. Wonder why that scene is so bad.