PDA

View Full Version : (Wii) The biggest disaster for a TombRaider game!

kagomeblom
26th Nov 2008, 14:05
I'm playing on the Wii for a while now and I get stuck every where, but that not the problem! The problem is that it looks so crappy that it hurts my eyes! even the pc looks better! also the gameplay is so bad she even can't do all those funny roles and jumps or put her light on ALSO (yes there is more to come) the body's vanish, she can't do a adraline dodge on the anemy's so your just plain shooting.. its quit boring. and its just to diffrent if you compare it with xbox playstation pc: They have all the funny routes wich are hard or chalenging.. this is just.. ''go to the goal and finish it with all the boredom you have...'' I waited really long for this game and TR is the ONLY game I play

So now I come to the point, I buyed this game for €45,-!!!! Yes!! and then I see you can buy a 200% better game for only €10,- more! well ATLEAST I would expect something better! and nintendo did nothing what eidos was promesing.. the body's shouldn't vanush, it would look atleast better then the pc game! and the MOST I should atleast do A ADRALINE DOGDE on those damn lizards..! I wan't my money back, and for me what all those people were saying about AOD.. I say about Underworld on WII... THEY BLOW IT SOO UP..

Please comment on this is you have the same idea on this,or you can see alittle light in this stupid wii version.

ps. Pardon my english I'm sick and really mad, so no spelling control please.

matches81
26th Nov 2008, 23:42
You seem to have the weird impression that the PC version is in any way visually inferior to the 360 or PS3 version... just to let you know: The PC version is visually the best of the bunch, if you got the PC to run it.
I can't comment on your other complaints, haven't played the Wii version, but it sounds pretty bad.

Verios
27th Nov 2008, 01:54
You seem to have the weird impression that the PC version is in any way visually inferior to the 360 or PS3 version... just to let you know: The PC version is visually the best of the bunch, if you got the PC to run it.
I can't comment on your other complaints, haven't played the Wii version, but it sounds pretty bad.

Indeed, even a mid-range PC these days can run TR:U and be on par, if not superior (depending if you splurge a bit) to the PS3/360 Version.

I am however sorry to hear about the troubles with the WII version, quite a shame.

pleomax
27th Nov 2008, 13:17

Here, here. A decent pc can kick any consoles butt.

http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/ANTEC-900-Visionman.jpg

feanor1999
27th Nov 2008, 13:28
Ayup pleomax...

BUT how much dor an XDR, or whatever its called? ?????

My Packard bell is supposed to be 'ok for games, and some' but the demo (all i've got at the moment) runs like a jerky puppet and slows down summat awful... 2 meg ram, 2 gig processor, Nvidia Geforce 7050... go figure.. and THAT was 350.00 GBP !

Verios
27th Nov 2008, 20:47
Ayup pleomax...

BUT how much dor an XDR, or whatever its called? ?????

My Packard bell is supposed to be 'ok for games, and some' but the demo (all i've got at the moment) runs like a jerky puppet and slows down summat awful... 2 meg ram, 2 gig processor, Nvidia Geforce 7050... go figure.. and THAT was 350.00 GBP !

Your biggest problem is most likely the Nvidia Geforce 7050. It's an intergrated video card (on the motherboard) which most likely shares ram with the rest of your system opposed to using its own. If you have some spare cash on you picking up an 8800GT/GTS or a 9800GT for pretty cheap and popping it in there would make a world of difference.

Processor is a bit slow these days provided it isn't a duo core where each one is running at 2GHz.

mizzlaracroft
30th Nov 2008, 13:15
I'm playing on the Wii for a while now and I get stuck every where, but that not the problem! The problem is that it looks so crappy that it hurts my eyes! even the pc looks better! also the gameplay is so bad she even can't do all those funny roles and jumps or put her light on ALSO (yes there is more to come) the body's vanish, she can't do a adraline dodge on the anemy's so your just plain shooting.. its quit boring. and its just to diffrent if you compare it with xbox playstation pc: They have all the funny routes wich are hard or chalenging.. this is just.. ''go to the goal and finish it with all the boredom you have...'' I waited really long for this game and TR is the ONLY game I play

So now I come to the point, I buyed this game for €45,-!!!! Yes!! and then I see you can buy a 200% better game for only €10,- more! well ATLEAST I would expect something better! and nintendo did nothing what eidos was promesing.. the body's shouldn't vanush, it would look atleast better then the pc game! and the MOST I should atleast do A ADRALINE DOGDE on those damn lizards..! I wan't my money back, and for me what all those people were saying about AOD.. I say about Underworld on WII... THEY BLOW IT SOO UP..

Please comment on this is you have the same idea on this,or you can see alittle light in this stupid wii version.

ps. Pardon my english I'm sick and really mad, so no spelling control please.

Well first thing im going to say is that the PC versions graphics will be a lot better than any consols (if you have a good gaming PC that is).
Secondly, i didnt actually encounter any glitches with my Wii version of the game, it ran fine and there was no disapearing objects. Im not defending the Wii version at all here, because i personally felt let down and i was unable to feel the full TR experience. I know that a lot of people had many glitches in the game and i feel that that was due to bad testing.

I felt there was a lack of combat in the game, and i felt that the puzzles were liquidised to reach the release date. Im very diasapointed that there was no underwater shooting, tumbleing and big spiders (that i was looking forward to).

This brings me on to my next point, if there are no spiders in the game whats the point of unlocking the enemy artwork at the end? Some of those enemies were not even in the game.

Now on a (slightly) more positive note, i wasnt that bothered about the Wiis graphics, after all im just a gamer that loves adventure, but i felt on this particular platform i had the wonderful trates of being a Tomb Raider ripped viciously out of my grasp.

GoLarago
2nd Dec 2008, 05:02
Well first thing im going to say is that the PC versions graphics will be a lot better than any consols (if you have a good gaming PC that is).
Secondly, i didnt actually encounter any glitches with my Wii version of the game, it ran fine and there was no disapearing objects. Im not defending the Wii version at all here, because i personally felt let down and i was unable to feel the full TR experience. I know that a lot of people had many glitches in the game and i feel that that was due to bad testing.

I felt there was a lack of combat in the game, and i felt that the puzzles were liquidised to reach the release date. Im very diasapointed that there was no underwater shooting, tumbleing and big spiders (that i was looking forward to).

This brings me on to my next point, if there are no spiders in the game whats the point of unlocking the enemy artwork at the end? Some of those enemies were not even in the game. I was lucky my PC is only about 1 1/2 years old and played it extremely well.

Now on a (slightly) more positive note, i wasnt that bothered about the Wiis graphics, after all im just a gamer that loves adventure, but i felt on this particular platform i had the wonderful trates of being a Tomb Raider ripped viciously out of my grasp.

Are you kidding me ? The Wii version didn't have any cuddly giant spiders to shoot? No Jaws to shoot underwawa? That like so totally sucks. I was lucky, my rig is only 1 1/2 years old and ran it perfectly.

trrttsch
2nd Dec 2008, 20:48
I also think it's a big disappointment.

Too many bugs!!!
I didn't get the well known Thailand-lever nug but I spent several hours on other bugs. Loosing my bike in Mexico while freezing in mid air twice and a total system crash in the end of the same level three times. Also the camera got stuck in stupid positions several times. This is unacceptable in a console game that can't be patched.

Fiddly controls:
Although I'm used to this from earlier TR games you could hope for some development in this matter. The camera movement is really frustrating. And what about the Wii-controllers? They could be used in lot better ways. Like when balancing on bars or making cool moves.

Too few cool moves:
How do I swan dive. I really want to swan dive.

The Wii "puzzles":
are just disturbing. Perhaps a 5 year old would think they're fun but the game is rated 16+ so... And the moving Lara hand is sooo ugly and stiff. This is a really bad way of making "exclusive" Wii material that's unfortunately is seen in other game ports too.

Too few enemies.
Even if the reason I play TR games is to explore exciting environments and solve puzzles I'd love to blast those those spiders away with a shotgun. What was I supposed to do with the grenades? There was nothing to blow up.

To end this with something positive I think the music is good as always, and it makes the game a bit more bearable. And the official Lara model is cool to. Nice moves and I love that British accent. :)

Ishia
9th Dec 2008, 02:58
omg thank you. Anniversary was SO much better, it had all the normal and ausome aspects of all the other consoles, and now its just.... crap. And I'm pretty sure mine has a bug.