PDA

View Full Version : Auto Health Regen is no more!!!

Wildeheart
26th Nov 2008, 03:45
I think I've just read the most important quote from René so far:

"I'm talking to the dev team every day and letting them know what the community's feelings are. (I can tell you one controversial aspect has already been changed, but of course I can't say which one.) "

I can say with pretty much certainty that means Auto Health Regen will not be making the final cut.

The mob has spoken, the lord has listened. Looks like if you wish hard enough, dreams do come true ;)

GmanPro
26th Nov 2008, 04:08
Look, no one wants auto-heal taken out more than me, but I find it hard to believe that is what Rene was referring to. More likely its something to do with 3rd person.

Bloodwolf806
26th Nov 2008, 04:15
Localized damage Eidos, please!

Yargo
26th Nov 2008, 04:19
I dno it could be the Auto regen. Everyone who has said anything negative about this game has uttered those two words. Rene has only clarified the third person aspect when it comes to clinging to cover. I have not heard him say anything about doing away with the third person moment during aug use.

SemiAnonymous
26th Nov 2008, 04:47
Gameplay change confirmed: You will play in 3rd person, as Master Chief

IH-Denton
26th Nov 2008, 05:12
Auto-healing means unstopable shooter. Go-and-kill-everybody game. What else it can be use for?
And i would like prefer to use medkit neither wait, wait and wait before full health. But if this... "ability" will be some kind of augmentation which player can choose or not - its ok and make sense.

DXeXodus
26th Nov 2008, 11:50
I can say with pretty much certainty that means Auto Health Regen will not be making the final cut.

Thats quite a wild assumption, seeing as there were quite a few hotly debated design decisions made by EM when the news hit. Rene simply said that one of them has been changed.

Wildeheart
26th Nov 2008, 12:59
Thats quite a wild assumption, seeing as there were quite a few hotly debated design decisions made by EM when the news hit. Rene simply said that one of them has been changed.

Wild assumption it might be but it's still quite an educated guess. For a start it's the only controversial feature everyone has expressed concern over, totally unanimously. Secondly it's the only controversial feature that hasn't been pointed out as being "optional".

Don't like the sound of an Aug? Don't install it.
Don't like 3rd person cover mechanism? It's optional just don't use the cover key.
Don't like auto health regen? Tough, there's no medpacks so you're stuck with it.

Out of those three there's only one that would require a design change to my mind, the rest are all kind of take it or leave it.

Only time can truly prove me correct of course.

spm1138
26th Nov 2008, 13:35
I can say with pretty much certainty

No you can't.

Wildeheart
26th Nov 2008, 14:01
No you can't.

Of course I can, I'm 100% "certain" that I believe the changed design element René mentioned is the removal of auto-health regen.

Please don't start flames, I'm just as entitled to a belief about something as you are.

By all means disagree with what I think but don't tell me what I can and can't say, this isn't Nazi Germany and you're not a moderator.

Plus, how do you know I'm not connected with Eidos Montreal in some way and already know the answer?

I would say it's really the case that you can't be certain of what I'm certain of :p

René
26th Nov 2008, 14:23

I appreciate the enthusiasm but I hate to disappoint you. I said "something" has "changed". I didn't say a major gameplay mechanic has been removed. I wanted to share some things with you guys but maybe I need to be more careful if things are going to be so horribly misconstrued. The alternative is to say nothing at all and I definitely don't want it to come to that point.

For now I am going to close this thread. Thanks for coming!