PDA

View Full Version : Will we see a free roaming Gotham and...???

Phantomworks
25th Nov 2008, 14:28
I don't usually post too much on games that are not out yet.

But having heard about Batman AA I have to say got me very excited and also wary about what we will see when it ships.

There really has not been one great Batman game.

I so whish that we will see a free roaming Gotham, done in all its Gothic glory.

Needless to say that there are other Superhero licenses made with full free roaming enviroments and although they didn't get a 9, I don't think I would have had it any other way.

Gotham City in itself is a character and it will be such a sad thing if it is not explored more.

The screenshots released so far look amazing but I don't want to feel cooped up in rooms the whole game through a linear plot.

We need free roaming Gotham with random encouters kept intact with a great story.

Vehicles from the Bat Garage to use as we choose to get to places all over the city.

Oh and don't forget the different unlockable costumes.

We need the classic and other famous costumes too!

Thanks for listening.
G

Eclektik
25th Nov 2008, 21:23
Well... The title is "Arkham Asylum"....

So I gess the game will only take place in Arkham...

In fact I'm pretty much sure about that :P

I really wish to see a seperate Free roaming batman game...

THAT'D BE BADASS!

There were rumors of a "The Dark Knight" video game with free roaming and lots of stuff, but because of delays or so, they stopped its developpment...

Well I hope Batman: AA will look like BioShock, cuz that was one great game :D

ICK14
30th Nov 2008, 18:27
That would be sweet. Batman AA is going to be a free roaming game, just only at Arkham. The developers already stated that it won't just be creepy narrow hallways. There is going to be a lot more to it....

RedFalcon16
30th Nov 2008, 21:31
I don't think this one will be a free-roaming Gotham, but I wish they would come out with a Batman game was free-roam. Kind of like the Spiderman games where you could travel all over NYC however you wanted. I think doing a Batman game like that would be a huge success. Going from Wayne Manor, over to Arkham, to Crime Alley would just be absolutely amazing. I have heard that they are coming out with some kind of a free-roaming DC game, kinda like World of Warcraft, you choose who you want to be, anyone from Nightwing to Batman to Robin to Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern. I know that it is coming out for PC sometime next year, but I don't know if it will be for PS3, and 360.

xGraveyard_Mindx
1st Dec 2008, 00:48
I don't think this one will be a free-roaming Gotham, but I wish they would come out with a Batman game was free-roam. Kind of like the Spiderman games where you could travel all over NYC however you wanted. I think doing a Batman game like that would be a huge success. Going from Wayne Manor, over to Arkham, to Crime Alley would just be absolutely amazing. I have heard that they are coming out with some kind of a free-roaming DC game, kinda like World of Warcraft, you choose who you want to be, anyone from Nightwing to Batman to Robin to Joker, Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Superman, Flash, Green Lantern. I know that it is coming out for PC sometime next year, but I don't know if it will be for PS3, and 360.

It's a DC MMO That as of right now is PC and PS3 exclusive.Its more like city of heroes from what I've seen.You create a character and play in the dc universe and do missions with heroes or villains depending on the type of character you create.

From what I've read this game will take place on the island that the asylum is on.Within that it is completely free roaming.Its not the whole city of gotham,but I don't really see that being possible for the scale of the city of gotham.At least not right now.Arkham was the best route a batman video could have gone.I for one have high hopes for this game.

RedFalcon16
1st Dec 2008, 02:00
Graveyard, Appreciate the update about the DC MMO. I may actually go out and get a PS3 to play the game on.

Good point about the scale of Gotham being an issue. I would love to see that sometime in the future though. Arkham is also a fairly large island, it's about the size of Staten Island, and will be super fun to free-roam around in.

I have high hopes for this game and really can't wait for it to hit stores.

Wigglez
26th Dec 2008, 03:02
OK. The first level might be where you have to catch the joker and then drive to Arkham. But that deffinately isn't going to be free roaming. Seeming how the city's not the main setting. The asylum though is deffinately free roaming though because it's been confirmed.

Batmanhill6157
5th Jan 2009, 02:56
Well The Dark Knight video game has been confirmed to be free roam, so we'll have FR batman game then

Vic G
9th Jan 2009, 15:46
I'd love to see a free roaming Batman game; what had been promised for The Dark Knight had me very excited. I was under the impression that EA canned it, though? I'd be very happy to be proved wrong!

angleslam99
9th Jan 2009, 20:24
I'd love to see a free roaming Batman game; what had been promised for The Dark Knight had me very excited. I was under the impression that EA canned it, though? I'd be very happy to be proved wrong!

According to a few sources it hasn't been officially canned and they are still shooting for a release sometime this year. They said they had problems with repetitive fights and fighting styles (think Batman Begins game where its the same 3 hit combo every time). Until I hear from EA itself that it's been canned its still striving to get released this year

Vic G
9th Jan 2009, 21:03
According to a few sources it hasn't been officially canned and they are still shooting for a release sometime this year. They said they had problems with repetitive fights and fighting styles (think Batman Begins game where its the same 3 hit combo every time). Until I hear from EA itself that it's been canned its still striving to get released this year

I hope you're right; the idea of having a free roaming Batman game (a cross between GTA and Spider-Man) would be great! Mind you, had EA offically announced a Dark Knight game? I know that Gary Oldman had spoken about it in an interview, etc, but has anyone offically confirmed it?

angleslam99
9th Jan 2009, 21:07
I hope you're right; the idea of having a free roaming Batman game (a cross between GTA and Spider-Man) would be great! Mind you, had EA offically announced a Dark Knight game? I know that Gary Oldman had spoken about it in an interview, etc, but has anyone offically confirmed it?

All we have to go by is:

http://www.totalvideogames.com/Batman-The-Dark-Knight-canned/news/First-Details-On-The-Dark-Knight-Batman-Game-13082.html

http://videogamecentral.com/gamersvoice/index.php/2008/ea-announces-the-dark-knight-video-game-for-ps3-and-xbox-360/

So keep your fingers crossed. I want it to happen but if it does get canned then we still have Arkham Asylum to look forward to