PDA

View Full Version : CRC error occured while installing

Elum
25th Nov 2008, 12:26
Ok my copy of the game finaly arrived today, I tried to install it and I get
CRC error occured during instalation. Check rtf help file...blah blah blah
What does this mean? Is the CD bodged or is there somthing wrong with my pc?

ck213
11th Dec 2008, 19:22
I had the same issue. It seems my DVD drive was having problems reading the disc. It kept gettting an error whenever it came to reading the bigfile.000.

I did a manual install by copying all the files off the disc and putting them in a folder I named temp install. I had trouble even copying the bigfile.000. I had to go to another computer and copy it, then burn it to another DVD disc. A 3 GB thumbdrive would have come in handy.

Once I transferred the bigfile.000 in my desktop folder, I clicked the setup.exe inside my temp install folder and the game installed with no problem.

I did have to go into the device manager to uninstall my Secondary IDE channel IDE Controller. My DVD drive got kicked into PIO mode and it was taking an half hour to copy a file that should only take 4 minutes. The controller reinstalls and sets back to Ultra DMA mode once you restart your computer.

All the trouble you have to go through just to install a game is making it not worth it.

Leak
11th Dec 2008, 20:34
All the trouble you have to go through just to install a game is making it not worth it.
Well, a CRC error means your drive could not read the disc; if the disc is faulty (like when it's heavily scratched) it's hardly the game's fault - go back to the store and get it exchanged, or try another drive.

Can't blame the game for a defective disc; the makers of the game can't control the disc quality of every (or rather, any) disc that leaves the pressing plant...

And no, this isn't something that's caused by copy protection either.

np: Benni Hemm Hemm - Sól Á Heyhóla (Ein Í Leyni)

lordvader
8th Jan 2010, 02:17
I have same Error too
& made a Post - HERE (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1246682&postcount=23)
So giving link cos dont want to double post in fourms

But I Need Help PLEASE