PDA

View Full Version : 6 new screens @ gamespot Nov 24

chip5541
24th Nov 2008, 15:50
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/battlestationspacific/images.html?sid=6201573&part=rss&tag=gs_pc&subj=6201573

Sweet!!

Polarshark
25th Nov 2008, 00:07
thx

Tex Vindictive
25th Nov 2008, 00:33
Nice!

japfighter
25th Nov 2008, 00:53
2 thumbs up:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Red October
25th Nov 2008, 01:04
:D :thumbsup: :D MAn i am pumped, keep it up!!! :D :thumbsup: :D

Polarshark
25th Nov 2008, 03:26
we need new HD videos

and i'm thinking the system requirements won't be released till 20 days before release of the game

and u guys should watch battle 360

watty14
25th Nov 2008, 09:57
seeing those pictures i have a terrible feeling that my comp will die very badly:( still its looking great:thumbsup:

M0n3y
25th Nov 2008, 16:51
very good EIDOS!
Keep It Up :D

It3llig3nc3
25th Nov 2008, 17:11
I'm a bit worried about the fact that so far almost all screenshots are taken from the very same SP map that EIDOS use to showcase the product.
Angles are different but it's still the same map.

I wonder how is it possible since the game should be almost completely ready by now. Where are the advertised 2x15 missions and the screenshots about them?

Where are the 4 different multiplayer modes and the maps/units?

It is almost December, 2008 now... for how long should we wait for some confirmations about the product? Maps/Units/Release Dates/ etc...?

Why to be so shy to take commitments - EIDOS???

F4F
25th Nov 2008, 17:37
EIDOS should also release a demo version now....if the demo is available after january, I'll never download the demo:mad2: , because I would have already bought the game.

It3llig3nc3
25th Nov 2008, 19:15
who said you can buy this game in January?
given the available info we're lucky if they manage to release it before Spring.
Games to be released in January & February all have pre-set openly communicated available target release date. BS:P does not have anything.

Polarshark
25th Nov 2008, 21:07
actually it's kinda near december

so time is flying by

and i'm pretty sure if it's gonna be released in feb

then the demo and system requirements will come out at january

and website will be somewhere near december

just a rough estimate though

M0n3y
26th Nov 2008, 14:46
EIDOS should also release a demo version now....if the demo is available after january, I'll never download the demo:mad2: , because I would have already bought the game.

it's beiing released mid-end Q1 2009...
end februari-march, so i think the demo will be released early-mid januari...

mycoldman
26th Nov 2008, 15:59
Where are the 4 different multiplayer modes and the maps/units?

It is almost December, 2008 now... for how long should we wait for some confirmations about the product? Maps/Units/Release Dates/ etc...?

Why to be so shy to take commitments - EIDOS???

It's all to do with a carefully constructed plan. Don't worry, when we're ready to show more... we will. The game is coming along fine, but obviously there's work being done all the time. It looks great now - it'll look phenomenal come release.

I'm a bit worried about the fact that so far almost all screenshots are taken from the very same SP map that EIDOS use to showcase the product.
Angles are different but it's still the same map.

I wonder how is it possible since the game should be almost completely ready by now. Where are the advertised 2x15 missions and the screenshots about them?

Expect some more screens (and tasty info) arriving in the next BCU. In the meantime check out this scorcher of a NEW shot, from quite possibly my favourite map - it's a doozy. ;)

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4639/jill006am6.png

F4F
26th Nov 2008, 16:21
Is this picture from BS:P?

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/39/f4fgoesdownsg4.th.gif

-> the plane going down is a wildcat....so the wildcat is also confirmed:D

sstoffels
26th Nov 2008, 16:48
thats what i like to see just give a screen or two every now and then revealing something new. but they are right why don't we get a release date and 95% of the screens are from the same two maps port moresby and that coursir mission in leyte this screen shot might be a open water map. maybe its the soloms map from BSM. and the 5 new multipalyer modes we were going to get multiplayer info in august. why has it been so long they have released little new info since Feburay when its announced. in the next thing of screens i want to see some multiplayer and what up some ground battle screens and how bout some cockpit views of some planes besides the zero and the coursir i what to see a screen of cockpit view in a level bomber or a recon plane.:mad2:

mycoldman
26th Nov 2008, 17:07
Patience, patience. It's ALL coming.

It3llig3nc3
26th Nov 2008, 20:59
mycoldman,

First thanks for responding to my comments. You know PATIENCE is all we have here. We are waiting for something since spring 2007 when it become clear that there won't be more DLC or any fix to BS:M, neither modding or editor tools will be released. Instead there will be BS:P coming sometimes in the future. Patience, Hope and belief brought most of us here.

Secondly. As far as I see there is a cultural thing around EIDOS to hold things back an mute conversations with substance. Unlike some other studios, here at EIDOS developers are not allowed to comment on forums, write blogs or anything like that. Everybody is under strict NDA. Period. Furthermore there is not enough professional support for forum moderating. Please do not get me wrong: yourself, CHIP and KEIR are doing a great great job, however you do not have the authority and probably enough information to share many thing with us. Have a look at other forums where moderators and devs are responding to technical questions openly, testers and devs are allowed to have blogs and talk about upcoming titles.
My favorite comparison for BS:P is still Empire Total War. It has a release date already announced for 6th of February, 2009. There are blogs where the creators are talking about elements of the game, there are news released and details about the units, game modes, etc... I ask how come SEGA can afford this but EIDOS don't?

Thirdly and lastly.
About commitments.
I hear you say that you (EIDOS) has a plan around BS:P for everything. I know information will come - probably.
My problem is that the existence of the plan does not help us here.
Commitment is what we are waiting for.
Commitment is a delicate thing. It is something that you can't take back.
For BS:P it would be a statement for the public about what EIDOS believes in.
You can have a plan, but until it's not public it does not mean anything. It does not commit EIDOS to anything.
It is like a company on the stock exchange would say: YES I have a business plan and budget for next year but I'm NOT GOING TO SHOW IT. What is it for then? If a budget or plan is made public only AFTER its realization, that carries no value to anyone.

It takes responsibility to announce something for the future. Support it with dates and substance. Stand up in front of the public and say clear and loud: This is what I WILL do.
This is when I'm going to finish it.

EIDOS does not have something in its culture to do such a thing.
EIDOS just goes for the guaranteed things.
EIDOS does not take any risk.
EIDOS is shy to make commitments to its customers.
This is my problem.

Polarshark
27th Nov 2008, 02:18
eidos just listen to some of our ideas but not all

it would be great if they implemented as much ideas as possible that is reasonable

F4F
27th Nov 2008, 07:53
We can be lucky, if the game is finished on crismas day....But I don't think so:(

W4lt3r89
27th Nov 2008, 09:15
We can be lucky, if the game is finished on crismas day....But I don't think so:(

Most game Retailer stores are thinking it is out 2nd of February 09, so i think that is the most optimistic date of release.

M0n3y
27th Nov 2008, 18:29
am i the only one who finds it an awsome screenshot???? :D :D

LORD BLACKFIRE
28th Nov 2008, 00:36
Most game Retailer stores are thinking it is out 2nd of February 09, so i think that is the most optimistic date of release.

I think Halo Wars is due out around then too. Hopefully they don't come out at the same time. I'd spread them apart by 2 to 4 weeks.

Halo Wars will not be the juggernaut that Halo 1-3 were but anything Halo related should be avoided.

chip5541
28th Nov 2008, 13:49

Nope. I actually like that shot allot. I am curious about that shot though. Is it from a playback? target lock? Since there is no tag I would assume it is not from a MP game.

sstoffels
28th Nov 2008, 16:57
Patience, patience. It's ALL coming. yes it all most be coming but why is everyting being put back like the multiplayer info or any info like new units or anything., don't get me wrong thought the screens that we have seen are great but a lot of them are from the same two maps. and the two trailors are great and the overall the graphics of theis game are best that i have seen in any game. i am just wondoring why everything is being put back. i was a good thing that the power ups were denyied that was good but why can't stuff like that happen more often like things being confirmed and denyied there needs to be more openess.

no it is great shot

com345
28th Nov 2008, 18:47
just a little critic on the screen of the burning wildcat going down:
shouldnt the plane burn and not the air behind it?

Red October
28th Nov 2008, 21:06
just a little critic on the screen of the burning wildcat going down:
shouldnt the plane burn and not the air behind it?

Could be fuel and oil spilling out the tanks, or just the fire is so intense the tong of the flame stretches back.

battleshipman
28th Nov 2008, 22:39
Could be fuel and oil spilling out the tanks, or just the fire is so intense the tong of the flame stretches back.

Yes but the flames SHOULD be coming off of the plane as well.

F4F
29th Nov 2008, 18:27
And the Zeros fuel tanks catch fire in a hurry...
And tracers bullets for aiming:D

Red October
29th Nov 2008, 21:47
Yes but the flames SHOULD be coming off of the plane as well.

I GOT IT!! The plane is fine it is just being chased by a meteor.