PDA

View Full Version : "The Egyptian lass" tomb raider 3 London

doctor willard
23rd Nov 2008, 20:56
if any of you lot recall this:

lara meets a gang leader with a missing face in the london section of tomb raider 3, just before the lud's gate level starts.

he is after embalming fluid from the natural history museum and wont go himself, since there is a pissed of "egyptian lass" there who didn't get immortality the way she wanted it (?)

i was just wondering if anyone understood who he was on about:scratch:

rg_001100
24th Nov 2008, 05:44
I remember this. I'd expected some sort of boss fight out of it, when picking up the jar. I don't think he's talking about anyone in particular, though.

briek
24th Nov 2008, 21:32
if any of you lot recall this:

lara meets a gang leader with a missing face in the london section of tomb raider 3, just before the lud's gate level starts.

he is after embalming fluid from the natural history museum and wont go himself, since there is a pissed of "egyptian lass" there who didn't get immortality the way she wanted it (?)

i was just wondering if anyone understood who he was on about:scratch:

I was under the influence that it was the curator of the museum, Sophia Leigh. I might just be smokin' funny stuff though. I've only played Tomb Raider III once. Tomb Raider II was my thing.:p

Resy
25th Nov 2008, 07:08
I remember that scene, its been a little while since I played through the London level.

I'm going to have to guess its Sophia he is scared of but I can't remember. :mad2:

Bampire
25th Nov 2008, 09:58
Aldwych (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRcea_AX8m0)

Here, for those who'd like to watch the video, and figure it out.

They're still talking about Sophia, I'm sure.

Rai
25th Nov 2008, 15:57
As Dr Wlilard says, the man Lara meets is asking her to get the embalming fluid from the museum. He is warning her of the Egyptian lass who isn't happy. If Lara gets the fluid for him then he will help her get to Sophia. So he isn't talking about Sophia at that point.

I can't remember that level, does Lara not encounter an Egyptian mummy or anything that could be this 'lass' then?

doctor willard
25th Nov 2008, 22:04
i watch that vid that was posted:

..."one of them egyptian lassies there is a bit pissed off like...but er..she didn't get immortality the way she wanted it..and seeing that we've done better than her in that department...i couldn't imagine what curse we could get given, even worse than what we've got allready like...but you'll be fine though pet :) ...(something else that i dont get)..."

and thats what i heard. is sophia guarding that fluid? no...hmmm what does this mean. please tell me eidos, its been bugging me since 1998.:lol:

CL489
28th Nov 2008, 00:30
hmm...quite a mystery. At the time I played the game, I assumed he was talking about Sophia Leigh, but now that I think about it, that wouldn't make sense. Was there nothing to fight in that room? (It's been QUITE a long while since I played any of the PS1 TRs:o )

This isn't much help, but the bit that you didn't get (after "but you'll be fine though pet") is "You die easily". To which Lara says "Thanks".

Other than that, I have no clue. It would be great if Eidos would let us know. This is bugging me now! :mad2:

-CL

Lo
29th Nov 2008, 07:07
if any of you lot recall this:...

What a fine way to address your peers :lol:

But erm, anyway, I think it's just a reference to somebody not specific to the game but specific to the storyline :)

rg_001100
29th Nov 2008, 07:12
From what I remember of the level:

After meeting with the faceless dude, you wander around and get into the egyptian museum, where you wander through there (encountering security guards), and then when you get to the embalming fluid, you can then return the embalming fluid to the faceless guy (who doesn't show up), where you can then get the UPV and carry on your way to meet Sophia (there's another half to the level before you do, though).

No encounter with any egyptian lass, or mummy.