PDA

View Full Version : Is Crystal Dynamics going to offer a patch to an unfinished game?

mattymiller_05
23rd Nov 2008, 20:00
To be honest, there are so many things wrong with tomb raider underworld, constant bugs everywhere, rubbish frame rate, clipping, constant struggles with the camera, and control problems. Its Angel of Darkness all over again, remember when they moved up to the next generation at that time, core design rushed it. Don't get me wrong, i love tomb raider, i think the story and presentation are superb. But these problems just dont want to make me play the game again.
Are they working on a patch or are they going to be, because alot of things need puting right..

elliopo
27th Nov 2008, 13:08
To be honest, there are so many things wrong with tomb raider underworld, constant bugs everywhere, rubbish frame rate, clipping, constant struggles with the camera, and control problems. Its Angel of Darkness all over again, remember when they moved up to the next generation at that time, core design rushed it. Don't get me wrong, i love tomb raider, i think the story and presentation are superb. But these problems just dont want to make me play the game again.
Are they working on a patch or are they going to be, because alot of things need puting right..

Yep AOD all over again (well not quite as AOD was worse than this on release, just), Looks like CD and Eidos are in denial at the moment, I have not seen anything official that even accepts that there are issues, apart from the one where they blame nVidia for all the frame rate issues.

I hope that there is an answer soon, even if it is only to confirm that the patch is being worked on, bit of a shame that it was not ready on the release of the game as they must of known about all of the issues prior to release.

orbitsteve
27th Nov 2008, 13:15
hey mattymiller_05,
sorry to say but if you noticed all the related threads on this forum , its quite clear that no one in CD or Eidos even cares, all most of us can do is wait.

My TRU DVD on the other hand will end up in for Charity in a few days, because i doubt anyone would buy it .