PDA

View Full Version : PS3 bugs

Karak
23rd Nov 2008, 08:04
Lets talk about the bugs, shall we?
How come i can run through walls, get stuck of rocks, get stuck in the air, get stuck on nothing, and not see anything because my camera gets stuck on everything?
Those are just the SMALL problems i have. the worst is when i open a door, or get hit by a zombie and me screen goes blank and i need to restart my playstation.

Felis Catus
23rd Nov 2008, 09:59
I think one of the "best" bugs I've seen until now is Laras arm sticking out of her back in one of the cut scenes... Looks quite scary! ;-)

The biggest problem I have is no sound, see: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=83119

The problems with the camera are not PS3-specific. I have them on my PC as well. (I have both versions.)

burt_ie
23rd Nov 2008, 10:21
I agree with you about all those bugs. Its such a shame as the game is quite good.
Lara gets stuck on everything with me too, especially if she is close to a corner wall...she also goes in to wacko mode sometimes just after I press a button to do something, she flips out does a few animations for other moves before flying through the air and dying and all when I only pressed circle to drop of a pole :mad2:
This is unforgivable **** and I cant believe they have all been overlooked and the game released. I would have been happy to wait a few more months and these bugs ironed out.
The camera is just plain awful in this game, it was never this bad in Legend and TRA, how could they make it worse? I just don't understand. It goes crazy sometimes mostly in tight spaces and I end up having a bad head looking at it.
I have also notice that if you move Lara close to a wall and rotate the camera around to look at her face she suddenly vanishes!! You could get right up close to her face in TRA and Legend but TRU wont let me :(

Art_Gardner
24th Nov 2008, 08:02
One big thing I've noticed at the beginning of the Midgard Serpent section of the Mexico level, the first ramp that you're supposed to jump just isn't there, well it's there it's just that it's upside down facing into the pit, which is no help at all.

RiskTycoon
24th Nov 2008, 16:13
+1 to the stupid wood bridge being down ... there is NO way across this area now ... from what I understand restarting the level is the only way to deal with it and even then i heard it can takes several times before it's back to normal ....

If the company i worked for had bugs in their software like this ... you can bet there would be hell to pay and it would ALL be fixed ASAP....

When are these companies going to be held responsible for taking my $60 for a broken game? Some sort of law needs to be put in place lol .... sure is getting old ... :mad2:

elliopo
27th Nov 2008, 13:14
+1 to the stupid wood bridge being down ... there is NO way across this area now ... from what I understand restarting the level is the only way to deal with it and even then i heard it can takes several times before it's back to normal ....

If the company i worked for had bugs in their software like this ... you can bet there would be hell to pay and it would ALL be fixed ASAP....

When are these companies going to be held responsible for taking my $60 for a broken game? Some sort of law needs to be put in place lol .... sure is getting old ... :mad2:

Yeah I agree it is getting alot more common these day's. As soon as I heard that the PS3 games could be patched, I knew this would be the result. Gone are the day's of console games working out of the box.

I was thinking that there should be laws in place to prevent this (i guess it fits under the product not being fit for the purpose that it is sold as, so CD and Eidos are liable to give a full refund).

But a better option might be for nintendo/ Sony and MS to get together and start some sort of scheme that fines games publishers for delivering defective games.

Mondic
29th Nov 2008, 22:40
Actually an advantagous bug that saves you a few seconds. In the gear room on kraken's left, after grappling out the column to hurt the tentacle, I climbed up on the block ready to slide down and grab the trapeze pole, but accidentally threw a sticky grenade at the wall instead. It blew up and Lara died, but when the game reloaded, Lara was already standing on the platform next to the switch, without having had to shimmy round the wall. Guess the force of the blast just blew her there!

Elric1977
30th Nov 2008, 18:39
Mkay, something quite annoying but also adventageous, some of the save point chimes seem to happen just as you plummet, so you can die then end up at the place you were trying to get to just after dying. Seems a bit pointless being shoved through the game without making the actual proper jump :( where's the challenge?

Also, some of the drops that kill Lara seems to be pretty small, but she gets away with other longer drops. In the old tomb raiders it was pretty easy to tell when she was going to die, 1 and a half body lengths and she'd start to scream and you knew you were a bag of bones on impact. Some of the drops in underworld seem pitifully small yet she still mananges to die! C'mon CD/Eidos, some consistency please!

Elric1977
30th Nov 2008, 18:43
Drop a pole and sometimes you cant pick it back up again. Level Restart

Game crash in Croft Manor just after the fight with the thralls, all I was doing was shooting the pots on the desk.

Sticky walls, go too close to the walls in the temple complex in mexico, lara seems to get stuck on the wall, the only way to get her off is to crouch and roll away.

Camera goes completely nuts sometimes when too close to a wall or in a corner.

AI on Thralls in the Thors Belt section causes them sometimes to just randomly run around in circles.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad2: