PDA

View Full Version : Problems with game, not being able to complete level... (PS3)

inkedwithstars
23rd Nov 2008, 05:53
Has anyone else had to restart the game several times because the game isn't doing something right that is keeping you from finishing a level?

I am getting so mad because I've had to restart the game about 3-4 times already because in the first level, one of the doors didn't open when it was supposed to. In the second level the large pillar that lights up wouldn't light up again after I saved the game... so I couldn't move it. And now I'm having an issue with the Mexico level where she goes down with the bike into the place with the spikes... and there is no way for her to get across the first pit to get to the poles.

I seriously think this game was released too soon because there are way too many problems. I'm tired of restarting the game.... I'm about to take it back.

:mad2:

Karak
23rd Nov 2008, 07:57
I got stuck in the house and had to restart a few times. Has any one said anything about how buggy this game is?

mizzlaracroft
23rd Nov 2008, 18:38
I have the same type of issue, although i have to restart due to freezing issues DX

I agree, i think the game was released too early.
I would much rather wait until christmas for a nice, blunderless game, than have gameplay ruined by various glitches :mad2:

mattymiller_05
23rd Nov 2008, 20:02
Has anyone else had to restart the game several times because the game isn't doing something right that is keeping you from finishing a level?

I am getting so mad because I've had to restart the game about 3-4 times already because in the first level, one of the doors didn't open when it was supposed to. In the second level the large pillar that lights up wouldn't light up again after I saved the game... so I couldn't move it. And now I'm having an issue with the Mexico level where she goes down with the bike into the place with the spikes... and there is no way for her to get across the first pit to get to the poles.

I seriously think this game was released too soon because there are way too many problems. I'm tired of restarting the game.... I'm about to take it back.

:mad2:

thats a really big glitch, apparently its all to do what way you do the mayan calender

waffledad
24th Nov 2008, 20:15
I had a save where I already had the jag head but not used it so I went back to this save and then made my way all the way to the skull and did it first, then went back and did the jag head. The ramps were still down. I have an earlier save to try but don't have time to do that right now.

This is quite unacceptable! I could see it if there was some sort of directions, even if they were obscure to make it harder, but there isn't so there is no reason that the order you do the mayan calanders should have any effect on the "ramps". What I also notices is the sonar shows them up, even though they are down... wtf???

Either way, a patch is needed as this is just plain frustrating that you have to backtrack the entire level by restarting it to actually succeed at it. If there was a drawing on the wall that shows a jag first or a skull first, then it would be forgivable... Please release a patch to remove this problem. The way I see it, this was supposed to be an implemented feature and it was scrapped but they didn't actually remove all the code.

waffledad
25th Nov 2008, 06:51
Ok, here's what I found. I have done the level from the start and did the Jaguar first (on purpose) and then the skull. I then made it to the opening to the tombs on the 1st try and the ramp was up. I also didn't die at all. So the order of the skull/jaguar is incorrect.

All the other times that the ramp was down, I missed getting to the caves the first time and had to reopen it. I am thinking that if you don't make it the first time, it will be down the second. It could possibly be that if you let it close and reset it the 3rd time, it may be up again (I have a save file to test this as well but want to finish the game first). Will update when I get to try this.

waffledad
27th Nov 2008, 14:33
Just an update. I got a response back from Eidos tech support at 9:36 A.M. Nov 26th and didn't read it until now. Here's the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting the Eidos Customer Support Team.

We apologize for having difficulty with our game.

Please revert back to a previous save (it is best to revert back to one from as long ago as possible (i.e. from a previous chapter).

We apologize for the inconvenience."

To me this is very poor tech support. They didn't even acknowledge there's an issue or ask any questions. They just said start from an earlier save which is unacceptable in todays world.

Randomperson78
28th Nov 2008, 23:03
Finally got past the glitch in Mexico. Had to go back to a save in the previous level, then started the Mexico level picked up the Jaguar Head, Pick Up Skull, do Skull side first then the Jaguar side and enter on first try. All of this without dying. :lol: Was a little difficult for me.

I did try the Jaguar first and the first ramp was still down. :(

Now on to the rest of the game:cool:

Hippie
29th Nov 2008, 02:28
I made it through Mexico. No real glitches for me there on the PS3. Now I'm at the beginning on Jan Mayen and I have a weird one here. So far, everytime she picks up a treasure, she turns invisible, except for her light on her shoulder.

And when she was at the top of the tall tower at the entrance, for a few seconds, her pony tail stretched out to about fifty feet, disappearing off the screen.