PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk... TR9! (SPOILERS)

EvanCooper93
23rd Nov 2008, 04:46
Okay, this is my first(topic) post on the forum. So, go easy on me. :p

So, now that Lara's mommy issue has gone out the window, what do you think CD and Eidos will bring us next? I would love for Lara to revisit Area 51! :D

Okay, talk away! :)

caiounder
23rd Nov 2008, 04:56
oh, id love if lara goes to nepal again, india,greece, china,and some countries in south america n in asia!
i know that she've already gone to some places in my list, but it would be awesome resee them:thumbsup:

Load
23rd Nov 2008, 05:12
I think the next game should be about Lara going to a different underworld tto find and save Alister :rasp:

yea, not happy about that death.

But Im not really sure what Tr9 should have. I would like to see Lara in America, that would be nice. =)

Curious101
23rd Nov 2008, 05:23
I wouldn't mind a prequel to the TRA/TRL/TRU storyline that might give clues as to Amanda's motivations.

Bampire
23rd Nov 2008, 05:29
I'd love to have TR3 remade, and since TR3 had TR3Gold, have that remade and re-done from scratch. Have the story make more sense, the same goes for Sophia Leigh. Just have a total revision done on those two games. Pretty much make a new story, but add in the same locations, and artifacts.

FinalKai
23rd Nov 2008, 06:14
I wouldn't mind a prequel to the TRA/TRL/TRU storyline that might give clues as to Amanda's motivations.

I think Amanda's involvement in this whole ordeal is still largely untouched. In Legend it seemed her only motive was to reach Avalon. However, that motive seemed almost nonexistent, especially since Avalon turned out to house Jormangundr, and was not the paradise that many legends foretold.

Also, the origins, purpose, and power of the Wraith Stone is still very nebulous. We literally do not know anything about it. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I feel like it might be tied to something even bigger and more dangerous/powerful that Amanda is aware of and Lara isn't.

Amanda has certainly risen as a formidable adversary/rival for Lara. It wouldn't surprise me if she was, yet again, majorly involved in the next Tomb Raider...either as a friend or as a foe.

Also, call me crazy, but Amanda almost seems like a contemporary of Lara's. Almost to the point that she would seem a very viable, and albeit enjoyable, alternative character to play as. Maybe that's where CD is heading with her character. If so...I like it.

EvanCooper93
23rd Nov 2008, 06:20
I think Amanda's involvement in this whole ordeal is still largely untouched. In Legend it seemed her only motive was to reach Avalon. However, that motive seemed almost nonexistent, especially since Avalon turned out to house Jormangundr, and was not the paradise that many legends foretold.

Also, the origins, purpose, and power of the Wraith Stone is still very nebulous. We literally do not know anything about it. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but I feel like it might be tied to something even bigger and more dangerous/powerful that Amanda is aware of and Lara isn't.

Amanda has certainly risen as a formidable adversary/rival for Lara. It wouldn't surprise me if she was, yet again, majorly involved in the next Tomb Raider...either as a friend or as a foe.

Also, call me crazy, but Amanda almost seems like a contemporary of Lara's. Almost to the point that she would seem a very viable, and albeit enjoyable, alternative character to play as. Maybe that's where CD is heading with her character. If so...I like it.

I'm not sure if CD would make Amanda playable. I mean when Core gave us Kurtis, majority of the people hated it. So, I don't know if they would go down that path. Also, it's Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. So, I'm not quite sure they would do that. I at least hope they don't. I play the game for Lara, not Amanda. :)

mushroom079
23rd Nov 2008, 06:26
I know I am going to be stoned fo this.... but Egypt.

Next Gen graphics would be awesome. The gold plated - cobweb filled, scorpion riddled and "star" filled rooms would be my reguest!

I know Lara hates the sand filled land - but I really enjoy the Egyptian mythology!
Lets face it - it's what really captured the imagination for most.

Bampire
23rd Nov 2008, 06:30
I'm not sure if CD would make Amanda playable. I mean when they gave us Kurtis, majority of the people hated it. So, I don't know if they would go down that path. Also, it's Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. So, I'm not quite sure they would do that. I at least hope they don't. I play the game for Lara, not Amanda. :)

Core made AOD, which gave us Kurtis as the playable character.

Crystal Dynamics has made the 3 recent TR games.

EvanCooper93
23rd Nov 2008, 06:34
Core made AOD, which gave us Kurtis as the playable character.

Crystal Dynamics has made the 3 recent TR games.

Oh, my bad. Fixed. :)

Next Gen graphics would be awesome. The gold plated - cobweb filled, scorpion riddled and "star" filled rooms would be my reguest!

I know Lara hates the sand filled land - but I really enjoy the Egyptian mythology!

Egypt would be great, but I think I've seen enough of it. I would probably love the idea after two or three more games, but until then I'm all Egypt-out. (I would love to raid another pyramid... :D)

qwerty
23rd Nov 2008, 06:53
the only rhing i want this time is a good storyline(fresh) and new locations

Load
23rd Nov 2008, 06:54

If they remade TR:LR, I would die of happiness.
However, I think they should really concentrate on new games instead of remakes. But yea, I wouldnt mind one that still includes Egypt.

Holden367
23rd Nov 2008, 07:15
I want Lara to go to America, Scotland, Greece and China.

I also want Croft Manor rebuilt!

superstar
23rd Nov 2008, 07:47
I think the next game should be about Lara going to a different underworld tto find and save Alister :rasp:

yea, not happy about that death.

But Im not really sure what Tr9 should have. I would like to see Lara in America, that would be nice. =)

yeah she should play avalon and find him and have babies with him :D

with the manour it wouldent surprise me if she stays in one of her other homes (someowhere it says she has 3 homes)
and has the manour rebuilt

mushroom079
23rd Nov 2008, 07:49
Wooo hooo!! Egypt it is! Lol.
:rasp:

lara778
23rd Nov 2008, 08:47
oh yes Egypt...
and TR2 revamped...
and TR:LR revamped...

just a wish list for Eidos, pleeeeeeeese:nut:

that would keep us busy with Lara for a long time:lmao:

Bampire
23rd Nov 2008, 09:13
I want Lara to go to America, Scotland, Greece and China.

I also want Croft Manor rebuilt!

America = TR3
Scotland = TR3Gold
Greece = TR/TR:A
China = TR2

brianthedog
23rd Nov 2008, 13:37
Stop asking for remakes, mates!! The only reason they did it was to bind the story with Legend. That's why they changed. So now, why to remake TR2? and TR3? Let's have Bartoli back and Sophia and Von Croy and Eckhardt. I tolerated one element of her past, Natla, but if people from the previous games keep coming back, the game will become boring. Good things must happen once.

I would love to see the Dragon of Xian in a Next generation game, but I would also want to see something fresh. So what I have to say to everyone is:
-There are not going to be more remakes
-Kurtis is not coming back!!!!!!! (A bit irrelevant, but just making sure:lol: )

Jurre
23rd Nov 2008, 13:54
Aztecs, medieval castle... well I don't care really, as long as the enviroments are just as exciting as they are in Underworld.

Space_Monkey
23rd Nov 2008, 14:49
I'd like to see lara go to a new and improved Jungle like in TR3 with the smash gate with the pointy things or whatever their called and the sinking sand!! =p

Ohh and...NEVADA!! >:}

tombraidergal
23rd Nov 2008, 14:54
this sounds crazy, but wouldnt it be good if they remade tomb raider legend? Ooops... lol, maybe in a few years, they could make one where lara misteriously vanishes....

BitShifter
23rd Nov 2008, 15:25
Too many point not clarified.

Who made the hammer, the glove and the belt?
And how does one recharge them ?

Did Amelia really die or was that another golem to throw lara off?
Is she still somewhere safe ?

Why did Amanda help Lara?
And why did she wants to go in Avalon anyway ? Curiosity ?

Will there be another doppelganger Lara ? These are too good to be left out.

What else will natla try ?

And will Lara get an offer from the two other living gods to step up and replace Natla as a god ?

I think there is place there for a whole series of TR games.

andXsoxsheXwouldXdance
23rd Nov 2008, 16:41
Will there be a TR9? I heard that TRU is the last one. Or is that just for the ps2? I should hope not! I can't afford a ps3, and i don't think i'd llike it on the wii, ds, or Pc. Anyway, i think Lara should go to spain! i luvs spain. :rasp: Besides, that, i don't really know what i'd like to se in TR9.

mikey716
23rd Nov 2008, 16:45
omg icnt remember idk if lara said it or some1 who helped made tha game butt they said lara is done wit this about her mommy abd and now she will contiune to explore tombs and tha world but imagine natla comes back and is really feroius and trys anyway to kill lara

mikey716
23rd Nov 2008, 16:50
Too many point not clarified.

Who made the hammer, the glove and the belt?
And how does one recharge them ?

Did Amelia really die or was that another golem to throw lara off?
Is she still somewhere safe ?

Why did Amanda help Lara?
And why did she wants to go in Avalon anyway ? Curiosity ?

Will there be another doppelganger Lara ? These are too good to be left out.

What else will natla try ?

And will Lara get an offer from the two other living gods to step up and replace Natla as a god ?

I think there is place there for a whole series of TR games.

wow i have these in mind 2 lol hopefully some1 will answer annivesry gave alot of answers
tru is good but i feel there is more to it

how did natla kill ricahard?

will amanda be mad at lara 4ever

oh and ur qusetion bout amanda helping lara she helped lara b/c tha dopplegager betrayed amanda natla used her and tha midgarud serpent would have killed tha world

Veppie
23rd Nov 2008, 19:34
I sure hope it will be a completely new story. Lara has lost her house with all artifacs still in it so she needs to decorate her new house (good reason to raid).

Then she hears about this very beautiful artifact that can also change a person into ... which is very powerfull and dangerous (not very original I know). During her search, which leads through the Netherlands, indonesia, South Africa, New York and Suriname, she encounters Amanda once again. They end up racing to the artifact and have a nice battle in the end in which Amanda gets killed.

Or something completely different. My idea is kinda lame :o

Wess~Gamer
23rd Nov 2008, 19:39
which leads through the Netherlands

I want that too! :lol:
But I think she'll only find dumb and lame tombs here, if she finds any :lol:

michael-croft
23rd Nov 2008, 19:47
i don't care where she goes aslong as we get the manor back

Juliet
23rd Nov 2008, 20:05
I would like it if she started to find out about the myths of the Bermuda Triangle:o

Jurre
23rd Nov 2008, 20:16
The Netherlands? Does this look like a tomb you want to raid?:

http://www.moorsmagazine.com/images2/hunebed5.jpg

Hitman has been in Rotterdam twice, thats more than enough for me...

No, I prefer they would stick to the Legend story for one final time: to aswer the remaining questions and whatever....

Juliet
23rd Nov 2008, 20:24

Hitman has been in Rotterdam twice, thats more than enough for me...

No, I prefer they would stick to the Legend story for one final time: to aswer the remaining questions and whatever....

LOL, I can just picture Lara running around that "tomb", trying to explore it:p :lmao:

And I agree with you, I also want them to stick with the legend story one final time. In my opinion there is too many unanswered questions!

Wess~Gamer
23rd Nov 2008, 20:45

Like I said :lol:
dumb and lame! :lol:

It was okay for hitman, rainbowsix, brothers in arms and some other shooting games
But for a adventuregame as tomb raider, how much I'd like it, it's not the best location ;)

EvanCooper93
23rd Nov 2008, 22:17
That Bermuda Triangle idea sounded really good!

This might be too far fetched for Tomb Raider, but how awesome would it be if Lara raided through Dracula's Castle? :D

Juliet
23rd Nov 2008, 22:23
That Bermuda Triangle idea sounded really good!

This might be too far fetched for Tomb Raider, but how awesome would it be if Lara raided through Dracula's Castle? :D

Yes, I have a whole big idea for the Bermuda Triangle plot (someone give me a mail adress so I can mail it to CD!):p
I like it when they base the game on myths that are real, like the one in Underworld, and the Bermuda Triangle has always been a big mystery, but no one really knows what's going on there, so that leaves CD with open hands to do basically anything they want:)

Bampire
23rd Nov 2008, 22:29
Yes, I have a whole big idea for the Bermuda Triangle plot (someone give me a mail adress so I can mail it to CD!):p
I like it when they base the game on myths that are real, like the one in Underworld, and the Bermuda Triangle has always been a big mystery, but no one really knows what's going on there, so that leaves CD with open hands to do basically anything they want:)

That would be awesome. Could also explain the UFO theory, to see if it's Atlantean related, or not.

NaughtyGirl
24th Nov 2008, 00:31
Bermuda triangle idea really resonated with me!:)

I would also be psyched if they took a page from the comics and teamed her with Witchblade or even the arc where she wore the Witchblade....

I would be good with remakes to have the awesome graphics of now teamed with the awesome stories of the old TRs, and I would also like to see AOD the way it was originally envisioned and have that storyliine wrapped up because I hate loose ends.

But to be honest....I don't really see a big future for Lara if they don't lengthen up these games. I love the new graphics but I hate that it feel like you don't get to DO much. I liked my lengthy RPGs like Final Fantasy and was really drawn to TR because it was mentally and physically challenging. The old games used to make me cuss! Heck even Legend made me cuss. You could be stuck on 1 jump for an hour or 2, and those dang time puzzles, you know, jump, jump, roll, slide, jump, roll and pray to just make it. I loved hating those.

This last game was (dang I hate to say it) a snoozer :(

Luaeria
25th Nov 2008, 18:42
I love the bermuda triangle idea... and honestly i wouldn't have said Dracula's Castle, cos then it sounds cheesy and hollywood.. but i was soo thinking the same thing! But i was just gonna say Romania... cos then it's like hinting to it without being like "OMG DRACULA!" I really would love to see Lara explore or stamp out an unknown like the Bermuda Triangle etc... and having her explore a tomb found beneath a castle or palace that is notorious for a seemingly evil/psychotic tyrant/warlord where thousands were slaughtered... so cool. It'd be so cool to see Lara in places we haven't yet seen her. In Australia (seriously, and no i'm not an Aussie!) Perhaps Siberia and i think the revisitation to Area 51 is brilliant. Perhaps a large city again like Tokyo from Legend. Perhaps Hong Kong this time, the Chinese Countryside/mountains. It's so easy to think of great places she could go, but then when you name them and think about it you realise how unoriginal it truly is. I think you'd really have to write a storyline before you could just randomly pick locations, cos it would have to make sense in some way, with characters, or lootings or artifacts/glyphs that take you from one place to another.. anyway! Yeah, i'm rambing now! :D

CL489
25th Nov 2008, 19:55
Wow. This is a really great question. On the one hand, I would like to see CD answer all the unanswered questions from TRU and the Legend storyline. Because there are ALOT! On the other hand, it would be really refreshing if we could have a new storyline with new locations and new motivations. I wouldn't be against seeing Amanda return, though I think they should soften her a bit because really, she's not evil. Just EXTREMELY bitter. From the ending of TRU I can guess that if Natla were to return, she would be a thrall, since she came into contact w/ that blue poison. Then again maybe not. She IS an ancient Atlantean god after all.;) Anyway, I think we should have new enemies now. I'd love to see Lara return to Italy, maybe to Rome or Venice once again. Also, South America would be cool and the U.S. The whole Bermuda Triangle idea sounds AWESOME! Also Dracula's castle, though it would be cool if Lara was exploring an ancient Romanian medieval castle that she thought had nothing to do w/ Dracula and found out that it was the real Dracula's castle and that he was buried underneath it or something. I also REALLY love vampires. It would be cool if vampires and vampire legends were incorporated somehow.
Anyway, I'm pretty sleepy and not making much sense:o I think I'll stop talking now!

-CL

RossFingland
25th Nov 2008, 21:03
I think one thing everything is agreed on is make it longer!!!!!!

milens
25th Nov 2008, 23:33
I want see Natla in future again, i think she is the Lara's perfect enemy. I also want know what happend with Tihocan, to litle bether explain what is Avalon is that some part of Atlantis, to explain who is Natla is she some alien or some ancient spesies. I apologize because of my english, i started to take curses i hope its will be bether:)

Wrath of Raziel
26th Nov 2008, 02:32
I was saying this to a friend the other day. I really was hoping that Qualopec & Tihocan were going to be in TR: Underworld. Now what a truly EPIC story that would of been. I thought for sure that Eidos/Crystal Dynamics were gonna put those two in, an enormous battle for and against the Seventh Age.

If Crystal Dynamics did that, no doubt the story would of demanded a struggle for Natla; having Lara on one front coming against her, and the Atlantean Rulers on the other front. The story would have had a chance for twists, deceit, and excitement, with our heroine Lara right in the middle of everything. The game undoubtedly would be at least three to five locations or levels longer. Oh well. One could only wish.

As for TR9, if there will be such a game, and I know everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I think it be really neat to perhaps see Lara's father, and the adventures and dangers he had.

Well, I'd like to know what y'all think, about what I said concerning the lack of Qualopec & Tihocan in Underworld, and about a possibility of Lara's dad in the upcoming TR games.

CL489
26th Nov 2008, 05:19
Wow. I hadn't thought of that! Having Qualopec and Tihocan in the game would have made it ALOT more interesting/dramatic. I always did wonder what those two have been up to since Tihocan wasn't in his tomb in Aniversary and Qualopec was totally alive and well in his. As someone else mentioned (sry, don't rememeber who!) it would have been cool for the other 2 to find Lara and offer her Natla's place in the triumvirate. But since she already turned Natla down in TR1/Aniversary when she offered her immortality, I guess there was no need to have her turn it down again. Anyway, a storyline involving what Qualopec and Tihocan have been up to since the days of Atlantis would be REALLY interesting.

Also interesting would be a more info on Lara's father's journeys, though I'm not sure how this could be done in a future game besides Lara happening upon one of his journals and a lengthy flashback cutscene ensuing.

Also, I didn't mention this before, but I REALLY want the mansion to be rebuilt for the next one! Or at least under construction. It makes me really sad when peoples' mansions get blown up. Seriously. I was super sad when I watched the Dark Knight and Bruce Wayne still didn't have his mansion rebuilt. (sorry if that ruined anything for people who haven't seen the movie!) Anyway...I'm rambling. I'll stop now.

-CL

milens
26th Nov 2008, 13:21
Wow. I hadn't thought of that! Having Qualopec and Tihocan in the game would have made it ALOT more interesting/dramatic. I always did wonder what those two have been up to since Tihocan wasn't in his tomb in Aniversary and Qualopec was totally alive and well in his. As someone else mentioned (sry, don't rememeber who!) it would have been cool for the other 2 to find Lara and offer her Natla's place in the triumvirate. But since she already turned Natla down in TR1/Aniversary when she offered her immortality, I guess there was no need to have her turn it down again. Anyway, a storyline involving what Qualopec and Tihocan have been up to since the days of Atlantis would be REALLY interesting.

-CL

Yeah its will be perfect.

Also interesting would be a more info on Lara's father's journeys, though I'm not sure how this could be done in a future game besides Lara happening upon one of his journals and a lengthy flashback cutscene ensuing.

-CL

Or will be cool to next Tomb Raider start like 30 years ego when Natla hire, Laras futher and to play maybe first two level with young Richard Croft, and to explain what happend with him.

Also, I didn't mention this before, but I REALLY want the mansion to be rebuilt for the next one! Or at least under construction. It makes me really sad when peoples' mansions get blown up. Seriously. I was super sad when I watched the Dark Knight and Bruce Wayne still didn't have his mansion rebuilt. (sorry if that ruined anything for people who haven't seen the movie!) Anyway...I'm rambling. I'll stop now.

-CL

I want to! I dont know what people have against new croft manor i think is bether than croft manor from Core Design Tomb Raider

Rexie
26th Nov 2008, 14:18
I hope that the next TR will be ATLEAST as long as AOD x 2. Or if not, atleast the size of TR4 and/or TR2.

oldtraider
26th Nov 2008, 14:39

Isn't that dealt with in TRL? Being left by your friend trapped under rocks while the cavern fills up with water. I'd say that was motivation :D

mizzlaracroft
26th Nov 2008, 15:49
Wow. This is a really great question. On the one hand, I would like to see CD answer all the unanswered questions from TRU and the Legend storyline. Because there are ALOT! On the other hand, it would be really refreshing if we could have a new storyline with new locations and new motivations. I wouldn't be against seeing Amanda return, though I think they should soften her a bit because really, she's not evil. Just EXTREMELY bitter. From the ending of TRU I can guess that if Natla were to return, she would be a thrall, since she came into contact w/ that blue poison. Then again maybe not. She IS an ancient Atlantean god after all.;) Anyway, I think we should have new enemies now. I'd love to see Lara return to Italy, maybe to Rome or Venice once again. Also, South America would be cool and the U.S. The whole Bermuda Triangle idea sounds AWESOME! Also Dracula's castle, though it would be cool if Lara was exploring an ancient Romanian medieval castle that she thought had nothing to do w/ Dracula and found out that it was the real Dracula's castle and that he was buried underneath it or something. I also REALLY love vampires. It would be cool if vampires and vampire legends were incorporated somehow.
Anyway, I'm pretty sleepy and not making much sense:o I think I'll stop talking now!

-CL

I agree, i realy want Amanda to appear in the next tomb raider :D

jayjay119
26th Nov 2008, 16:26
HMMM CD say they're gonna do at least 2 more TR games..."2 games left in the AOD line anyone...I seriously think CD have the talent to turn that storyline around. Plus that was a arc close to Lara just like CD have done with th emother story. Plus it would tie absolutley everythign in.

Jezyk
26th Nov 2008, 17:44
Mesopotamia would be awesome... I was a bit disappointed, because Rome and Mesopotamia had been mentioned in early news about TRU but apparently they've been cut out :(
Quite anywhere in Europe really, China, Australia... frankly there are few places where Lara hasn't been to already, the world seems very small now :)

NaughtyGirl sorry but I think you're in huge minority about loving those super difficult jump sequences :p I'm sure there are plenty other games out there that have them, and it's sooo not Tomb Raider.

I really hope they give up on Natla, involving her in a 4th game would be just lame. Like in those horror series where the murderer doesn't seem to ever die no matter what happens to him. Blah.
What I would like to see most is a brand new story or a remake, but I'd also be satisfied with a continuation of the Atlantean storyline - but without Natla, I'm only curious about Tihocan and Qualopec.

Just like the Dutch would like to see Lara go to Netherlands, I'd like to see something to do with Slavic mythology :) (I'm Polish)
Especially since there are many prehistoric sites that are yet to be discovered here in Poland and I'm sure countries like Russia or Czech Republic must be full of them too.
There's also a story of the Amber Room (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Room) which was lost during WWII and is a kind of a symbol for a lost treasure. But it's not ancient and has no mythical powers to it, so I'm not sure Lara would be interested ;)

ht_sprouse
26th Nov 2008, 18:05
ughhh~

pinpal
26th Nov 2008, 18:12
I think lara will learn of an object that can bring people back from the dead. Hmm maybe tomb raider 9 will be called tomb raider resurection.

tombraidergal
26th Nov 2008, 18:41
hmmmmm... this is just a general, but in the trailer for tr9 she could say:

"Myths and Legends, they're all just superstition, but when i encountered many, it changed my life, and that all of this... was real."
Then the action bits could come on. and the story line would be:

'Zeus, the war god of thunder, he was the king of all gods, a mighty god, powerful in many ways, but something no one had ever found out before, he had a war, a war of power and death. His thunder bolts struck every devil and wrong-rulers. but one god, named Jarmi, (made up) caught his thunder bolt, zeus never knew, and Jarmi buried it in a tomb, but to get to this tomb, lara has to go to:
Australia,
England,
Jerulseum,
America,
Barbados
&
Mount Olympus.

Lara needs to go to these places to get the key to mount olympus, each tomb holds a severed artifact, and when take all in peices to mount olympus, she has to place it in Zeus's statue hands, he comes alive, stands tall over lara, and says 'You bought me something?'
'Yes, well, you thunder bolt, Jarmi, a god of war in your time, took your thunder bolt, and you lost great power, therefore, you stand tall as a statue.' Lara says.
'Damn it Lara. Can't you leave things alone?' Amanda walks in limping.
'Who is this?' Zeus says.
'Excuse me.' Lara says.
Lara walks towards amanda. 'What is wrong with you?'
'Nothings wrong with me Lara, the problem is you, you are so selfish and dumb, you know Natla?'
Lara is puzzled. 'What? what about her, she's finished, this is the path to avalon! Amanda, you can come with me!'
Lara grabs amanda's arm, amanda pulls it away. 'Lara, you are so stupid, zeus won't lead the way. remember what happens when you go to avalon? How do you know this is right, and that you might go to helheim?'
'Isn't it all the same?' Lara asks, zeus grunts behind them a dais infront of him awaiting the thunderbolt's entry.
'You idiot, didn't you learn anything? What happened to your mother huh? You saw how she came out didn't you?'
Lara hesitates. Lara raises her hand to swing a punch, but isn't quick enough, Amanda grabs Lara's arm and pushes her away with her powers, lara is flown into the air, lands on the ground, and is slightly knocked out. Amanda runs towards the dais, takes the firebolt from Zeus and places it into the dais, Lara looks up, she quickly stands and looks astonished as Amanda, is stood waiting for Lara, Zeus is furious, aiming thunderbolts at amanda, amanda holding them off with her powers, creating an invisible ball over her, Lara runs towards Amanda, but Zeus aims one at lara, you hear a scream and then everything goes white. The next cut scene comes, lara wakes up, Amanda is still stood, holding of zeus's powers. She looks tired, Lara stands, and then says, ' you go amanda, it will be the way to avalon i know it, just go.'
Amanda hesitates, looks from Lara to Zeus, she pulls out the thunderbolt, and then everything is so bright, there is a roar, and then she's gone, zeus is a statue. and lara is breathing heavily, and she looks up at zeus, and then walks away. she looks over her shoulder and see's debris, and sorrow, she frowns, and then smiles.
you then have to take Lara back to the exit of the tomb, but via different path. then, the last cutscene, lara sees a god floating down, a woman with long blonde hair, she is pretty, and then lara gasps in horror.

Then, you have to wait for tr10. and i don't know whether the mysterious woman could be natla or Amanda???? What do you lot think, did that excite you? would it be a good idea?

jayjay119
26th Nov 2008, 23:36
It was well put together tomb raider gal but i think the Avalon plot is pretty much exhausted now, plus lara has not motive for going back there again. Every loose end for her wanting to go back there has been tied up. I think it would be better to start a new storyline now Unless....

I'd favour a storyline set maybe a year or two after Underworld, The first level of the game would be the last part of an expedition for Lara, we see her finding an artifact that she has been looking for for a while but we are not told why, as the game progresses we see that Lara is in serious denuial about the acceptance of her mother and Father's fates blaming herself we fin that later on in the game she has been searching and having Zip research for her under under false pretenses. By near the ned of the game we find that Lara has been searching for artifacts that can be used to activate the midguard serpant in another way, not to destroy the world but to punch a hole in fabric of space and time where Lara can move into a parrallell universe where her parents are still alive. Only to discover that unlike the scriptures Lara had been folowing that depicted a specific route of travel between the universes, all the universes that exist bleed together- realising that what she has to do Lara destroys the midguard serpant yet again but too late; she ends up trapped not only in a universe where her parents are alive but she doesn't exist. Endo of TR9.

TR 10 will be about Lara all alone in an alien world realising that even though her parents are alive here, she STILL can't be with them, the game about Lara's acceptnce, Isolation from her friends, foes and her life struggling to find a way to get back to her own universe. To find a way to do this she must once again go back to the very beginning, to find the scion (Which Natla hasn't been able to in this universe as Lara wasn't there to find the pieces for her. Plus the places where the pieces of the scion are hidden are slighly different in layout , traps puzzles etc to those in TRA's universe) in hopes that it would tell her how to get back. She learns from the scion that there is a mechanism that using the scion will open a controled portal into the users desired destination but it can only be used once, In this universe Natla already has one piece of the scion so when Lara breaks into Natlas vaults to get it, Natla catches Lara and is intregued by what she is doing. Natla robs Lara of her parts of the scion (Again) and sets of to use the portal herself to usher in the 7th Age. However Lara follows not knowing where this portal is, guesses the old pyrsamid may be where Natla would head again, on finding Natla she sees that she has started the process of ushering in the 7th age, Lookinginto the portal that is vast spreading, Lara sees a world filled with fire and pain and resoves that rather than putting this universe in danger, that she must stay there as a punishment for her actions. Lara fights with Nalta and after weakening her she looks once more at the portal and the world within and says to natla

Lara: I don't know how anyone could call that paradise!
Natla: its simple really its my ideal, paradise is all about conception...the mind of the beholder as it were...it's somthing i'v been perservering for for years now and I won't let you stop me....

Lara is standing there with a look of ponderance that changes to astonishent and says

You don't have a choice

At that she destroys the Scion and the portal sealing of the approching armagedon, She then escapes the exploding pyramid Leaving Natla screaming in her wake. On the final big explosion the screen goes black, when it comes back on again we see Lara in Nepal by the portal to Avalon (that hasn't yet been activated in this universe but has the sword in it,) standing staring. She then says to herself

All in the mind of the beholder? I wonder, in the past people believed that this portal would take them to paradise maybe thats where they went, there was no sign of them in Avalon. Perhaps ther eis more to these portals...Right now home seems like the best paradise...what do I really have to lose?

At that she activates the portal and utters one last 'Please God!' before she pulls out excalibur. The screen whites out then we see her fly out the bolivian portal...A fonecal from Zip confirms her worries...She is home again.

Cosmasia
27th Nov 2008, 02:36
I would love if the next TR game focuses a bit more on "archaeology" and exploration, rather than personal stories and such.
I don't know why, but the past many games excluding Legen obviously, have left me feeling like the "archaeologist" side of Lara has sunken underneath the modern Lara who has tons of enemies ^^;

The only modern storyline that ever appealed to me was Angel of Darkness, but they let that one go.

pinpal
27th Nov 2008, 02:58
I would love if the next TR game focuses a bit more on "archaeology" and exploration, rather than personal stories and such.
I don't know why, but the past many games excluding Legen obviously, have left me feeling like the "archaeologist" side of Lara has sunken underneath the modern Lara who has tons of enemies ^^;

The only modern storyline that ever appealed to me was Angel of Darkness, but they let that one go.

there was alot of archaeology in TRU don't you remember all of the things you learn from looking into the journal option. all of the things she said in her tape recorder, TRU was all about archaeology.:cool:

italibabee
27th Nov 2008, 07:53
I would like it if she started to find out about the myths of the Bermuda Triangle:o

and atlantis!:lol: :D

It was well put together tomb raider gal but i think the Avalon plot is pretty much exhausted now, plus lara has not motive for going back there again. Every loose end for her wanting to go back there has been tied up. I think it would be better to start a new storyline now Unless....

I'd favour a storyline set maybe a year or two after Underworld, The first level of the game would be the last part of an expedition for Lara, we see her finding an artifact that she has been looking for for a while but we are not told why, as the game progresses we see that Lara is in serious denuial about the acceptance of her mother and Father's fates blaming herself we fin that later on in the game she has been searching and having Zip research for her under under false pretenses. By near the ned of the game we find that Lara has been searching for artifacts that can be used to activate the midguard serpant in another way, not to destroy the world but to punch a hole in fabric of space and time where Lara can move into a parrallell universe where her parents are still alive. Only to discover that unlike the scriptures Lara had been folowing that depicted a specific route of travel between the universes, all the universes that exist bleed together- realising that what she has to do Lara destroys the midguard serpant yet again but too late; she ends up trapped not only in a universe where her parents are alive but she doesn't exist. Endo of TR9.

TR 10 will be about Lara all alone in an alien world realising that even though her parents are alive here, she STILL can't be with them, the game about Lara's acceptnce, Isolation from her friends, foes and her life struggling to find a way to get back to her own universe. To find a way to do this she must once again go back to the very beginning, to find the scion (Which Natla hasn't been able to in this universe as Lara wasn't there to find the pieces for her. Plus the places where the pieces of the scion are hidden are slighly different in layout , traps puzzles etc to those in TRA's universe) in hopes that it would tell her how to get back. She learns from the scion that there is a mechanism that using the scion will open a controled portal into the users desired destination but it can only be used once, In this universe Natla already has one piece of the scion so when Lara breaks into Natlas vaults to get it, Natla catches Lara and is intregued by what she is doing. Natla robs Lara of her parts of the scion (Again) and sets of to use the portal herself to usher in the 7th Age. However Lara follows not knowing where this portal is, guesses the old pyrsamid may be where Natla would head again, on finding Natla she sees that she has started the process of ushering in the 7th age, Lookinginto the portal that is vast spreading, Lara sees a world filled with fire and pain and resoves that rather than putting this universe in danger, that she must stay there as a punishment for her actions. Lara fights with Nalta and after weakening her she looks once more at the portal and the world within and says to natla

Lara: I don't know how anyone could call that paradise!
Natla: its simple really its my ideal, paradise is all about conception...the mind of the beholder as it were...it's somthing i'v been perservering for for years now and I won't let you stop me....

Lara is standing there with a look of ponderance that changes to astonishent and says

You don't have a choice

At that she destroys the Scion and the portal sealing of the approching armagedon, She then escapes the exploding pyramid Leaving Natla screaming in her wake. On the final big explosion the screen goes black, when it comes back on again we see Lara in Nepal by the portal to Avalon (that hasn't yet been activated in this universe but has the sword in it,) standing staring. She then says to herself

All in the mind of the beholder? I wonder, in the past people believed that this portal would take them to paradise maybe thats where they went, there was no sign of them in Avalon. Perhaps ther eis more to these portals...Right now home seems like the best paradise...what do I really have to lose?

At that she activates the portal and utters one last 'Please God!' before she pulls out excalibur. The screen whites out then we see her fly out the bolivian portal...A fonecal from Zip confirms her worries...She is home again.

thats good/cool

kyguyxy
27th Nov 2008, 09:42
In order to create a suggestion list, let me first do a “brief” review of the successes and failures of underworld:

Things I Liked:
- Being able to select your outfit/equipment before the level – makes you try and plan your visit. And it leaves room for the severely unexpected. I.e. that moment where you curse yourself for bringing the Uzi’s instead of a shotgun.

- The score. I think you guys finally have the perfect mix of music/silence in a level. I was suspenseful when it needed to be. ***spoiler***(Though the scoring on the Natla death scene was kind of anticlimactic [as the scene was really])

- Lara’s bike – fun fun fun, need I say more.

- Blood spatters when you hit people/living things. No I’m not a sadist or anything, but don’t deny it was fun!

- Keeley Hawee – best Lara ever… ever…

- The realism of the model has much improved. She looked great.

Things I Didn’t Like:
- Unlockables were weak: as stated by many many people, there was virtually no replay value. (Outfits, cheats, maybe weapons, reviewing the cutscenes)
- Short linear levels: while yes underworld gave us a lot more to explore then say Legend, you generally could just run through the levels with minimal thought. Make us figure out where to go next. Have roads that lead to areas you don’t need to go to for anything (for example in Mexico, you could have had an entire other temple that had nothing special about it other than information. (see below for an additional thought **)
- No boss fights, especially at the end. Kind of adds some closure to a game if you accomplish something difficult on a major story character ***spoiler*** (i.e. a final fight with Natla would have been great. I half expected her to show up injured and mortal at the end to give Lara one last run for her money, but sadly no)

- The new adrenaline system. Granted I hated the Adrenaline system in Anniversary until I figured out how to adequately use it but Underworlds was annoying as hell.

- Natla’s hair.

- The lack of Zip/Allister (see adds)

- The invisible wall effect (esp. underwater). At least include an “I probably shouldn’t go too far from the yacht” or “the current seems quite strong here” from Lara to make it seem acknowledged.

- The journal. Yes informative and interesting to read but it would never update me til it was all over. So I’d go back and read about Nagas in the next level AFTER I had already completed the level.

Things I’d Add In:
- Outfit bonuses – so I don’t want to make this sound to RPG (this is tomb raider after all) but for example in Southern Mexico you could pick Heavy Jungle Gear, and Light Jungle gear. I think it would have been cool if you had a “bonus” to these, for example heavy would reduce damage you took, while making you a little slower on jumps and such, where as the light jungle gear would not hinder your agility at all. Furthermore, you can wear Lara’s warm water wetsuit in the frozen waters of the arctic sea without her promptly dying from hypothermia, and in previous games you could wear her jungle wear in say Nepal. I dunno, this thought needs some development; P

- 50 Caliber Pistols – seriously where did they go! They were wonderful weapons.

- Alternate ending – okay I know this is kind of a cheap gimmick games use to make a game seem less linear but I think it would have been cool if in Tomb Raider Anniversary you had the choice to join Natla and have an evil ending. Granted this requires the developers to reveal more about the characters motives… hrm.

- **Alternate storylines – Have entire areas you can explore that purely have informational background. For example, on Jan Mayen Island maybe you could have gone into a different area completely out of the way that talked about how the gauntlets were forged and how it came to be that they were placed here. Furthermore, have areas where lara will see something and if she had discovered that hidden temple with information she is like “this must be what that wall was talking about, the two serpents guarding to gateway mean… .blah blah blah” where as if she didn’t see it she’d say something like “I wonder what the significance of the serpents are”.

- Lara’s yacht. Let us drive it. Furthermore, maybe we can go many more places with it.

- More Zip banter. Okay legend had too much, but maybe a little more when exploring. For example, I would have had it in the first part of Thailand when she was above ground exploring, and then do to signal limitations had none when she entered the underground passageways.

- More puzzles. But like real puzzles. For example, if I had designed the gate to helheim, it wouldn’t have been something a five year old with amazing acrobatic skills could do (wait I think two year olds can match similar looking symbols, my bad). It would have been had more death all over it. This was the gate to the UNDERWORLD after all. Make them harder to figure out. This is where the zip banter can come in handy. Where Lara gets somewhere and realizes she has no idea what to do next. Zip, look up these symbols. Zip, anything in the manuscripts mention a massive swinging hammer?

- Cheats like in Anniversary, Level replay like in Anniversary and Legend, Cutscene replay like anniversary and legend, more outfits. Ability to REPLAY a level or explore it like in anniversary.

- Bring back unique relics as in Anniversary. Finding a bunch of golden balls isn’t very fun for me. And have more. We are diging through ancient ruins here, there has to be at least 5 neat artifacts we can find per level.

- Personalized upgrades as in Legend – the whole if you find 10 silver ones her pistols get stronger, or her health gets more. The pistol damage and firing rate would have been great things to increase for this game.

- A button that makes Lara say something British: “Oh bugger” “Bother” “Bloody hell”

Storylines I want to hear about:
- Tihocan and Qualopec – if natla can survive being condemned forever into the frozen limbo of eternity where the hell did these guys go?

- Atlantis and the Seventh Age – so we know natla basically destroyed Atlantis with its own armies but what the hell is the seventh age and why did natla want it so much? Cause really she could have just created her army, killed Tihocan and Qualopec and been queen of the world long ago. What’s the appeal? A delicious cake perhaps?

- Amanda’s deal: Okay so she’s bitter that she was left for dead. Fine. That’s cute and all but why does she want to get to Avalon in the first place? What’s her motive? She has no dead mother there. Furthermore, what exactly was her relationship with Rutland?

- Natla technologies – Is anyone concerned that the CEO of a corporation that has a major skyscraper like Natla technologies has just suddenly vanished?

- The travel network. And why didn’t Natla just use this to get to helheim?

- Something that doesn’t involve saving the world. How about some good old fashioned archeology, that’s why I say atlantis. Lets discover what happened and why? And in the process run into some tricky things.

- A new location:
o Africa – we are there so little. Lets go something deep in the DRC or Madagascar.
o The Odysee Locations
o El Dorado
o The Fountain of Youth (florida everglades even)
o Somewhere populated today which a past burried beneath it.
• I.e. Catacombs of Paris

Storylines I am sick of hearing about:
***spoilers***
- Lara’s mom – well maybe im not sick of this one but I feel that this storyline is dead (Amanda: Like your mother). Poor Amelia. Lets all pauses for a moment to shed a tear.

- Natla – don’t get me wrong, she is a WONDERFUL character. But bringing her back again and again kind of decreases the wonderful-ness that is natla. I have to say I would NOT mind seeing her again once as a minor character, story permitting. That is maybe Natla shows up alive and mortal (thor’s hammer having b****slapped her god status) and Lara finds out upon seeing a press release that “Natla technologies owner found after few year missing”. Then we can do a segment called “Natla explains it all, Na na nananana na na na na na na na na All right all right” in which you give natla a quarter and she tells you something fun about it all. Okay totally kidding. Lets not go cheapening the series by resurrecting characters left and right.

- Doppelganger – it doesn’t have a story. It isn’t keeping a journal: “dear diary today natla told me to kill Lara, and that makes me sad because….”

xXxN@0M!3xXx
27th Nov 2008, 14:54
I Would like to see her back in the city :D you know with all those buildings and that she is able to go anywhere in the city, and that there are so many details. that would be awesome :D

Veppie
27th Nov 2008, 16:14
How about a nice story about a modern religion? Like the islam and/or christianity. I've read the bible and the Koran and those two books sure have a lot in common.
How about the stone tablets and/or the ark of the Covenant. There are plenty of myths to explore in religions, I mean, Where did Jesus get the power to ressurect people or cure their illnesses? If Thors power was because of some artifact, maybe Gods and Allahs (if they are not one and the same) are too?

Oh well. CD will prabably never touch this subject, afraid to insult people. But it sure has potential.

Jezyk
27th Nov 2008, 16:19
Veppie, if CD does anything like this, they will either get eaten alive by Christians or blown up by Muslims :nut:

Veppie
27th Nov 2008, 16:47
I know, read my last sentence

jayjay119
28th Nov 2008, 01:57
How about a nice story about a modern religion? Like the islam and/or christianity. I've read the bible and the Koran and those two books sure have a lot in common.
How about the stone tablets and/or the ark of the Covenant. There are plenty of myths to explore in religions, I mean, Where did Jesus get the power to ressurect people or cure their illnesses? If Thors power was because of some artifact, maybe Gods and Allahs (if they are not one and the same) are too?

Oh well. CD will prabably never touch this subject, afraid to insult people. But it sure has potential.

Oh i like that though Veppie, that has a lot of peotential...especially if CD wanted to push the 'mother' storyline a bit more. and it could take the installment after in so many directions.

Cosmasia
29th Nov 2008, 20:37
there was alot of archaeology in TRU don't you remember all of the things you learn from looking into the journal option. all of the things she said in her tape recorder, TRU was all about archaeology.:cool:

I remember, however it didn't feel like it to me :( I'd like to have that older archaeology feel back where Lara is alone exploring. I just don't have that feeling with the newest games for some reason.

Cosmasia
29th Nov 2008, 20:40
- Something that doesn’t involve saving the world. How about some good old fashioned archeology, that’s why I say atlantis. Lets discover what happened and why? And in the process run into some tricky things.

Yes please :thumbsup: I don't mind that Lara just happens to also save the world, but the story line of Underworld is too.. present day, for me if that makes sense. The fact that they threw in mythology (even some from my own country) didn't really make it any less present day. I guess I'm just not really into the whole Natla/Amanda plot. The only present day TR game that worked for me was AOD despite the glitches people report encountering (never ran into any myself)

rooboy_13
29th Nov 2008, 23:54
I'd love it for them to start a whole new stroyline, fotget about previous games. Make a game, with a god lead enemy and make one without copying anything.

No Zip, just Lara, and of course Winston.

And more classicy stuff.

andXsoxsheXwouldXdance
30th Nov 2008, 01:43
Don't know if someone's already said this, but I'd love to see one based on the 7 wonders. That is all. :rasp:

Larahair
30th Nov 2008, 19:06
I want a tombraider game/novel/movie centred around christmas time. Lara
must go in search for the golden turkey artifact otherwise Christmas
will be no more or something like that. I just like the idea of Lara saving Christmas I love Christmas and Lara (in a best friend way) so while not combine them.

briek
2nd Dec 2008, 21:19
I'm with the Bermuda Triangle idea. Something new. It isn't that I didn't enjoy TRA and TRL (and most likely will enjoy TRU), I just want something new.

EvanCooper93
14th Dec 2008, 03:12
I want a tombraider game/novel/movie centred around christmas time. Lara
must go in search for the golden turkey artifact otherwise Christmas
will be no more or something like that. I just like the idea of Lara saving Christmas I love Christmas and Lara (in a best friend way) so while not combine them.

Hahahaha. :lol:

Love it!

rg_001100
14th Dec 2008, 03:36
I'd love it for them to start a whole new stroyline, fotget about previous games. Make a game, with a god lead enemy and make one without copying anything.

No Zip, just Lara, and of course Winston.

And more classicy stuff.

Since Natla's a god, they have had games with "god lead" enemies. :P
Apart from that, you say you want more "classicy" stuff, yet at the same time a whole new storyline. :scratch: It's one or the other, though you can be sure of some things - CD are not Core, and will not perform "acts of Core" just to please a minory.

Natla fan
14th Dec 2008, 12:31
It is a few years after Underworld, Lara is in search of the Tree of Life but she is in heavy contest with a man by the name of Roman zeguike. Lara first visits Greece and finds Hermes Helmet which is said to grant its wearer invisibillity and more importantley holds the first of five keys needed to open the entrance to the garden where the tree is, as soon as fetches the helmet a stone protector awakes and tries to prevent the removal of the artifact, Lara escapes and goes after the next key, it soon becomes apparnt that Roman wishes to consume the Apples that grow upon the tree in order to become immortal and acheive godlike power. Thats all I have got so far what do you think?

Aminahveggie
14th Dec 2008, 14:54

80 % AGREED!