PDA

View Full Version : Will angelina ever return as Lara Croft?

Lady_Croft2
23rd Nov 2008, 00:05
Title says it all :P

Even if not just say your feelings on this subject.

Lo
23rd Nov 2008, 16:47
I am of the understanding that Jolie is going to retire from the movie industry to become a full-time Mum.

I would support that decision because she ought to have a bigger role in her children's lives. From what I understand, she's a good mother and allegedly, Brad takes over when she is filming and vice versa, but they do have nannies.

It would be very hard to bring out a third Tomb Raider movie without Angelina playing Lara, however. But that said, if it happened, it MIGHT work just as well as the Bond movies seem to whenever they replace the actor for somebody else. :)

The only trouble is, Angelina was so very good in the role that fans of Tomb Raider as a game, as opposed to regular movie-goers per se, would likely bend over backwards to find fault in a new actress' performance.

Only time will tell and so there's no real point in speculation at this point in time :)

Rachie
24th Nov 2008, 01:57
I am of the understanding that Jolie is going to retire from the movie industry to become a full-time Mum.

Yeah, I heard this in an interview with her. I was like, "But you need to be Lara! Noo!" :lol:

Rai
24th Nov 2008, 02:56
God, I hope not. I wasn't keen on her as Lara. The films were so so too. If there is a 3rd TR film, I hope they pick someone else for the role of Lara.

I would support that decision because she ought to have a bigger role in her children's lives. From what I understand, she's a good mother and allegedly, Brad takes over when she is filming and vice versa, but they do have nannies.

:lol: :lol: Ought to? You have no idea how much time nor the quality of that time Angelina and Brad spend with their children. If there is one thing I do admire her for it is her role as a mother. They are a modern working family and so they should be if that is their choices. So they have a nanny? They do good things with their charity work and adopting of these children. Whether Angelina continues to work or decides to retire for a while whilst her children are growing up is entirely her choice and a very personal one. There is no ought to about it. Move into this century, Lo.

princess_peach
24th Nov 2008, 04:04
I think i heard she was just taking a break from acting to look after her twins seeing as its not that long since she gave birth to them and all. Im not 100% on that though.
I love her as a person i think shes beautiful and shes very fit and able and what not.
I like her as lara croft too i dont know of anyone that i think could play her better at the minute. I think perhaps she is a bit different to the games but then again every game seems to show her in a different light if you ask me.
That is my opinion anyway :) .

briek
24th Nov 2008, 21:30
Probably not. She was a great depiction of Lara - but the movies could have been legendary, and let's face it, they weren't.

LadyLaraCroft12
24th Nov 2008, 22:42
I read somewhere that she said she would love to do a 3rd movie, but I think that was before she had her twins.
They are considering making a 3rd movie, but it's not official yet, I don't think...
Personally I liked her as Lara, but then again, I hadn't ever played the games before I saw the movie. I didn't even know about them until after the first movie came out, so I kind of owe my current addiction to TR to the first movie. The second one could have been better, but the first one was pretty good.

Icess
15th Dec 2008, 21:31
Title says it all :P

Even if not just say your feelings on this subject.

She wasn't even right for the roll to start with...let alone getting her back to do another one. But then you gotta look at what she said after the last LC movie she did..."I don't want to be tied down to just one roll".

She thinks she's bigger than Lara Croft:mad2: ...but then again, she's really in no shape to be even thinking about doing another movie:hmm: .

jayjay119
16th Dec 2008, 01:29
She wasn't even right for the roll to start with...let alone getting her back to do another one.

I agree, I liek angelina in a lot of other films but she wasn't Lara at all.

tehRookie
16th Dec 2008, 04:25
She wasn't even right for the roll to start with...let alone getting her back to do another one. But then you gotta look at what she said after the last LC movie she did..."I don't want to be tied down to just one roll".

She thinks she's bigger than Lara Croft:mad2: ...but then again, she's really in no shape to be even thinking about doing another movie:hmm: .

Lets just put aside the love or hatred towards angelina....there coulndt have been a better actress for the role.....tell me one an I will shut up
seriously...I absolutely loved both movies
and being out of shape is not an argument to rule out actors/actresses They just power through a diet and fitness program and are up and running in no time

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/446686/Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider-III/overview

decide for yourself....I dont know how old or reliable this source is, but after all, its the NY times...

nocoils
4th Jan 2009, 18:25
i didnt like her as lara in the first place.i would have rather seen Kate beckinsale.

John Akam
9th Jan 2009, 13:15
Hummm....

I too dislike Angeline being Lara. Or maybe it was the way they made her to look when she played Lara. They made her skin too dark, they made her too muscular (as in veiny arms! NONONONO!!! **** ) and the front hair is so not Lara Croft's.

And I also don't like the depiction of Lara being a tomboy in the movie, because we know Lara isn't.

Maybe if they fix these things, Angelina would be a great Lara Croft.

But um... don't you think Angelina look big when she portrayed Lara? Especially in the 2nd TR movie? Or was it the hair and the costumes (which are not very Lara-ish)?

Laura Croft
9th Jan 2009, 15:00
I highly doubt there will be a third Tomb Raider movie, simply because the second one was such a flop at the box office. That's not to say there won't be though, but I heard rumours about movie number three years ago and it's never happened.

archelogy101
12th Feb 2009, 02:46
Well, now the rumor is out in the open.. you cannot be too sure....

Archeology 101

rg_001100
12th Feb 2009, 03:12
Movie #3 is happening, but it's not going to be Angelina playing as Lara.

PoLuna
12th Feb 2009, 13:50
I hope that Angelina will return.

Rexie
12th Feb 2009, 13:59
Angie is not going to be in the 3rd movie. Because according to MSN news, she's trying to get pregnant...again. I can only give you the swedish link though.

PoLuna
12th Feb 2009, 16:20
Angie is not going to be in the 3rd movie. Because according to MSN news, she's trying to get pregnant...again. I can only give you the swedish link though.

What link?

Kara Croft
19th Feb 2009, 08:18
Well there will be a third movie, and they have said that they are unsure as to whether Angelina will play her once more but I don't know. She wasn't too bad but I just kept thinking 'This is angelina jolie' not 'This is Lara Croft' and I would like to look at an actress and say 'This is Lara Croft', because then I know that it is a good choice.

LadyLaraCroft12
19th Feb 2009, 22:06
Well there will be a third movie, and they have said that they are unsure as to whether Angelina will play her once more but I don't know. She wasn't too bad but I just kept thinking 'This is angelina jolie' not 'This is Lara Croft' and I would like to look at an actress and say 'This is Lara Croft', because then I know that it is a good choice.

you have a point. however, i did like Angelina playing here. and since they've had the first 2 movies, i don't think they should change who plays as Lara, that would irritate me.

angelus0901
19th Feb 2009, 22:12
Angelina HAS TO play Lara again!! She just has to!! It would sucks if she doesn't!!

mimicDenmark
21st Feb 2009, 19:56
My favorite adventure movies, is the Indiana Jones movies, but since harrison is getting older, and those movies arent gonna be made on an esembly line :) Then lara croft should continue.

The Tomb raider movies should continue like the bond movies are doing, with a new actress.

I never liked angelina that much as lara croft, she was just angelina ;) We need an unknown female to take over the role, atleast in my opinion.

There are so much potential for great tomb raider movies, but the first 2 movies were a little to cheesy, and movies like that need to be over the 2 hour runtime, so we can explore the characters and the plot more.