PDA

View Full Version : Crash after prologue.

Ozgur
22nd Nov 2008, 22:22
Hi everyone,

At the end of the prologue (the very first level, in the manor, escaping the flames), there's a cinematic where the black guy (don't remember the name ^^) shoot at Lara. It ends with a white screen and I guess another cinematic begin. But my game crashes with the "TRU has stopped working" message. It's always at this moment and I can't go to the next level of the game.

I don't think it's a problem with my config, because the game works fine otherwise, and the demo had no problem on my PC.

So, here's my question : can anybody send me a save at the beginning of the first level, the Mediterranean sea ? This way, I hope I could pass this damn crash ...

Thank you !

(Sorry if my english is not perfect ... I'm french ;) )

Dave169
23rd Nov 2008, 00:43
I've got the same problem, Is there anyway to fix this?:confused:

kloi
23rd Nov 2008, 09:28
me too!!oh this is so annoying cause i have tried other saved games and the game works great except that stupid cutscene.the problem is that the saved games i found where 100% so it didn't give me the chance to actually play the game..so one save game from the start of the Mediterranean sea for me too!!please!!!!

Ozgur
23rd Nov 2008, 11:13
Okay, somebody helped me, I post a link here :

http://www.tombraiderfiles.com/Cameleon/CheminAvalon.TRUSave

kloi
23rd Nov 2008, 13:04
merci beaucoup ! !works like a charm:cool:

Dr Gissimo
24th Nov 2008, 02:49
So. did anyone find a solution? the link given to tombraiderfiles is just a utube
so did anyone find a solution to this crash after prologue?

rg_001100
24th Nov 2008, 08:01
What're the specs of these machines that are crashing?
Are they borederline to run, or are they decent machines?

kloi
24th Nov 2008, 08:14
So. did anyone find a solution? the link given to tombraiderfiles is just a utube
so did anyone find a solution to this crash after prologue?
the link is working!!that's the solution...

What're the specs of these machines that are crashing?
Are they borederline to run, or are they decent machines?
my pc is really old when it comes to gaming..but the game works great now!!with medium settings...not even one glitch :D

autorev
24th Nov 2008, 18:24
eidos not have time for a fix....

:mad2:

rg_001100
24th Nov 2008, 18:44
...and even if they saw this thread there'd be no way they could. There's no info on any of the PCs here; it's just been said that there is a problem, but with no indication of where/why.
(I bet it's an NVIDIA graphics card.)

Download the savegame in the link above (post #4) and try that...

Jurjen
24th Nov 2008, 21:08
Make sure to update graphics card drivers... This is a problem that has been seen with older Nvidia drivers..

gasi
28th Nov 2008, 09:48
hi .

I had this problem too ,also i have more problems as slow gaming and etc.
You must have nvidia graphic card (GEFORCE.) who they have problems with TRU.
I play the game again and again and again many times and every time it crases.
One time at least it makes slow very slow but makes loading and that 's it .
Now i have problems (stacks ) for some time but i can play .
Must EIDOS fixing the problem for ΝVIDIA with patch soon....
Sorry for my english ....Ι m from Greece..

Spong
28th Nov 2008, 10:19
I'm using a GeForce 7600 GS and the only problem I've encountered was the slow loading, which certainly did screw around with the white screen and title sequence at the end of the prologue (because it's loading at the same time). But I edited the registry settings for the game and now it loads perfectly.